Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

TheDoc wrote: »
    Well tried using Kies

got the following after checking for upgrade, that doesn't seem right

Untitled1.jpg

Going to try this Odin thing, looks straight forward

Kies installed an update for Kies :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Hey,

I had problems with my Galaxy S2 a few months ago where it was going haywire thinking it was charging when it wasn't, refusing to turn off, going into driving mode for no reason etc

had this problem as well, got a spare toothbrush and gave to USB port a good brush with it and its been perfect since

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Mc Love wrote: »
    zuroph wrote: »
    Can you explain where to get it and how to flash it please?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1436854

That should tell you all you need to know zuroph

Has anyone found a way to silence calls when using RR? I used to be able to flip the phone over on stock, but this doesnt work any more.
    Rd Mute in play store should sort you apparently.
    Anyone explain why the google widget isn't transparent for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭BravoMike

I just upgraded my Galaxy S2 to ICS and I have been having problems, hopefully someone can give me answers.
    I have a ical calender running from on my google calender but the phone is duplicating entires, a quick fix is to clear the cache of the calender but his lasts only a few days until it starts duplicating again.
    The second thing is, since the upgrade my phone will not log into any sites. It says that I have entered the incorrect details but I have entered them correctly.
    Has anyone come across this before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Have you gone into the settings in your calendar, and calendars to see which calendars it is syncing? maybe you will see a duplicate here that you can remove?

The simplest thing for the second problem is probably jus to use a different browser, try Chrome, that's what i use

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Has anyone found a solution to the "Charging Paused Voltage Too High" issue?

I'm having the problem since I upgraded to ICS

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭roarlad

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭BravoMike

Zagato wrote: »
    Have you gone into the settings in your calendar, and calendars to see which calendars it is syncing? maybe you will see a duplicate here that you can remove?

The simplest thing for the second problem is probably jus to use a different browser, try Chrome, that's what i use

I have looked and I only have the one calender syncing from Google calenders. It is definately an issue with the phone as there is only one genuine calender entry in the gmail account.

Another problem is that my widgits do not refresh, is there any solution to that?

I have tried Chrome, Firefox and I am still having the same issue. It seems the phone just does not want to accept usernames and passwords even though they are input correctly.

I suppose I will try and reinstall the ICS firmware. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

So two guys in work got OTA updates today on the GS2, (both on three) they are asking me what fixed but as I'm rocking a GS3 I didn't get one..

Anyone know what's in the update?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

god's toy wrote: »
    So two guys in work got OTA updates today on the GS2, (both on three) they are asking me what fixed but as I'm rocking a GS3 I didn't get one..

I dont know but I got one too, its a 25MB file...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

god's toy wrote: »

Probably an old update, 3 takes ages to customise stuff for their "special" network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

srsly78 wrote: »
    Probably an old update, 3 takes ages to customise stuff for their "special" network.

Specially useless...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Does the Galaxy S2 come with an SD card in it?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

Does the Galaxy S2 come with an SD card in it?

Thanks
    No. 16GB of internal storage and an empty Micro SD slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Cheers
    16GB is huge though as I dont store music. Just apps, pictures and videos I take.
    Where can I see how much I have used?
    Settings??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

16GB is rather generous!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Kies telling me that there is another ICS update available, anyone have more info?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

SGS2 Jellybean alpha:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1739763

Going to wait for this to become stable before updating again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Gave CyanogenMod 9 a go yesterday (dual-booting on Siyah) and pretty impressed, first time I've ever used it. Battery looking good so far, early days yet but think it may be better than Resurrection Remix and currently using CM as my primary rom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Hi folks, have suddenly developed a slight problem with my S2. I don't know much about the finer details of phones and the android operating system. :o

All was running fine 'till a few days ago. I have the date and an accuweather app widget on my main homepage and neither have been updating over the past couple of days. The date on my phone is yesterday ( i think its Make your Clock, the app i use), and the weather icon is for yesterday ( Sunday afternoon) too, it also hasn't updated. The weather one is a Beautiful Widgets one as far as i remember, it has a little sun/raincloud icon for the next 5 days!

I installed Juice Defender a few days ago (the only change i can think of) as the phone was staying warm even in sleep mode for the past few days- as if the display was still on, thus dropping maybe 30% battery in half an hour! Juice Defender seems to have addressed that and the battery is no longer dropping ( i didn't want to send the phone off for repair to o2 just yet as they will only give me a rubbish one while i'm waiting, but if i have to do so i will :( ).

Anyone got any ideas as to why the date and weather apps would no longer be "live"? Thanks a lot

EDIT: in trying to solve the battery issue i did delte a couple of apps that i don't use ( i didn't think i was using!). One of these was GO Launcher, maybe the Beautiful Widgets and Make You Clock sync through that?

ANOTHER EDIT: seems Juice Defender switched off the automatic updating of the weather app when the phone is woken up... anyway it seems to have solved the problem, hopefully the date will update tomorrow too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Cossax wrote: »
    Gave CyanogenMod 9 a go yesterday (dual-booting on Siyah) and pretty impressed, first time I've ever used it. Battery looking good so far, early days yet but think it may be better than Resurrection Remix and currently using CM as my primary rom.

Ho Cossax, can you give an update on CM9 Vs RR? Is the battery life significantly better i.e. 10% - 20% better?

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭royalcarlowgc

Hey , I know this sounds pretty basic, but I have tried everything so that when I get a message , the phone makes a sound but any time I get a message its as if they phone is on silent.

I have ticked the Notifications settings but still doesnt work.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Do you get notifications for other things, emails, calendar events, low battery, etc.?

i.e. is it just messages that don't give you notifications, or is it that you don't get any notifications, but it's only really the messages bit that is bothering you?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭royalcarlowgc

Zagato wrote: »
    Do you get notifications for other things, emails, calendar events, low battery, etc.?

i.e. is it just messages that don't give you notifications, or is it that you don't get any notifications, but it's only really the messages bit that is bothering you?

The ringtone works okay, but emails, messages etc are just silent

Ok, well in the volumes menu (menu - settings - sound) do you have notifications volume ringtone (I don't have a stock rom so I'm not exactly sure how this menu looks) There should be an option to link the 2 volumes, or they can be separate, if they are separate, then is the notification volume on silent (but not the ringtone)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

BenThere wrote: »
    Ho Cossax, can you give an update on CM9 Vs RR? Is the battery life significantly better i.e. 10% - 20% better?

Ben

I'd say the battery with CM9 is better over the course of a day than RR 2.5.2 (with light-medium usage when on wifi) but I've found the last few RR updates to be a bit meh with regard to battery life for me anyway.

As CM tell you not to use Titanium Backup I've manually downloaded most (though not all) of my previous apps but all the ones I've got do auto-sync in the background and the ones I've left out have generally been ones that sit there waiting to be used...so that shouldn't make too much of a difference.

Bearing the above in mind, I'd usually be at ~65% after an average day on RR but closer to ~75% on CM9 but as with everything on smartphones and custom roms, the results may vary depending on the exact build, network, signal strength, modem and so on.
    You could do worse the dual-booting it to give it a go. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Thanks Cossax, why do CM recommend not using Titanium backup? Is it because some people also restore the system info and mess things up? Would it not be ok to just restore the apps and app data??

If you can't use Titanium how are you supposed to restore your launcher settings etc??? What are you supposed to do with non market Apps you want to restore?

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

BenThere wrote: »
    Thanks Cossax, why do CM recommend not using Titanium backup? Is it because some people also restore the system info and mess things up? Would it not be ok to just restore the apps and app data??

If you can't use Titanium how are you supposed to restore your launcher settings etc??? What are you supposed to do with non market Apps you want to restore?

Ben

Apps and data is fine (99%) of time. I've had no issues with it.

They say it so people dont try restoring the touchwiz system data and complaining that their phone broke!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Has anyone on ICS had any success connecting the SGS2 via USB to a Linux computer?
    Because ICS is using MTP only now my Linux Mint 13 laptop isn't opening the sd card anymore (it gives me the error below and shows the two mp3 player icons on the desktop but I can't see anything in them), is there a workaround?

Cheers.

Error:
    Unable to mount SAMSUNG_Android
    Error initializing camera: -60: Could not lock the device

EDIT! Found this post: http://jaredleonmorgan.blogspot.ie/2012/05/samsung-galaxy-s2-ics-no-longer-mounts.html

EDIT 2! Found this permanent solution: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=23880938&postcount=35

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Has anyone got the error "invalid network response format" when trying to access YouTube on mobile data? Any solutions?
    Just starting happening to me this morning, browsing etc working fine so not the data.

Also what is a good ASOP rom? I've heard Frozen Youghart but not sure. I'm wanting to try out Google Now but the apk needs an ASOP rom.

Advertisement