Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Just got the 4.0.4 update. Its a very nice update, made my phone noticeably quicker anyway. Some small things too, new grid lock screen, battery percentage in task bar, redesigned drop down menu. I was able to update with the phones update facility so no Kies involved :)

Anyone on 4.0.3 should be getting this asap!

http://www.youmobile.org/blogs/entry/Samsung-is-rolling-out-Official-ICS-4-0-4-Update-to-Galaxy-S2-I9100-Change-log

Got the update as well OTA. No problem with bluetoth. Cant see much changes to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Have the S3 for about a month now, love the phone but I'm having a problem with the volume rocker. It feels like it's been tightly wedged into the body of the phone and if I tap the volume up, goes all the way up straight away. Was thinking there's no "rebound" from perssing the button because it's so tight.
    Anyone else having a similar problem?
    This is the S2 thread! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

BopNiblets wrote: »

YEAH YOU TELL HIM BIATCH

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

BopNiblets wrote: »
    sorry, my mistake.
    nbar12 wrote: »
    YEAH YOU TELL HIM BIATCH
    aren't you helpful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Got the update as well OTA. No problem with bluetoth. Cant see much changes to be honest.

I reflashed mine.

Everything working second time around.

• Advertisement

sorry, my mistake.

aren't you helpful

OH NO YOU DIDN'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I read today on couples of sites that Jelly Bean official update for S2 will be available before the end of year, announced by Samsung. I think its a good news for S2 owners. Never thought Samsung are going to release it and they will only concentrate on S3.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Plugged in my S2 To charge at round 6 ish but the meter doesn't seem to be going up :( Is the phone/battery broken? Its not even a yr old yet,got it last october from amazon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Check fuses / plug / cable first or try it connected to a pc.
    Replacement usb is about 40 in town or covered by warranty if your patient

Goole "charging paused. Voltagee too high" for examples of lots of s2 usb failures and warranty replacements

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

subway wrote: »
    Check fuses / plug / cable first or try it connected to a pc.
    Replacement usb is about 40 in town or covered by warranty if your patient

Goole "charging paused. Voltagee too high" for examples of lots of s2 usb failures and warranty replacements

well after I posted here I unplugged it and took out the battery and stuck the charger back in and the meter went to the top and and 20 minutes later it said 100%,It probably happen again?

• Advertisement

Sounds good, but keep an eye on it.
    Random battery loss, freezes and charging problems were all indicators for me.

Should be 24 month warranty so you have plenty of time anyway

alright thanks for the help mate,actually since updating my phone to latest firmware I've noticed the battery goes down alot quicker,I get a day out of it now maybe where as before I would get 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

I had the 'voltage too high' warning appear every 60 seconds even though the phone was not on charge. After plenty of Google searching a lot of posts pointed to a hardware issue.

Turns out the fix (that worked for me) was where the charger plugs into the phone's charging port. In the charger port there is a single piece that comes out that is slightly bent down (causing the issue), so I got a pin and slightly pushed it back up. That fixed it for me. Do it at your own peril though because it looks like it wouldn't take too much force to snap :)

I tried that as well, but didnt have much success.
    I didnt break the pins, but it had no efffect for me.

Seems that there are 2 causes, one is removing the cable by tilting it instead of pulling directly out causing it to bend down over time. The other is moisture can cause the pins to corrode giving the same issue. The problem for most seems to occur after upgrarding to ics which im guessing to have extra checks in it for pin issues.
    Lots of phones, mine included have never been near water, and samsung are replacing the parts under warranty it seems

ive had all these issue over the past 8 months and to be honest, I just left my phone and it fixed itself. The worst was when my phone wouldn't charge. It would charge for maybe 20mins and then signalled the phone was 100% charged even though it clearly wasn't. I'll post a picture of the problem, the battery gadget says 84% battery even though the 100% full charged sign was still displayed when plugged out. I got paranoid and thought it might have something to do with some of the apps I had downloaded, so I went on a spree of deleting a few, but over time it just fixed itself like many of the other problem being posted on here.

Amrw1RfCIAAk0yw.png:large

ive had all these issue over the past 8 months and to be honest, I just left my phone and it fixed itself. The worst was when my phone wouldn't charge. It would charge for maybe 20mins and then signalled the phone was 100% charged even though it clearly wasn't. I'll post a picture of the problem, the battery gadget says 84% battery even though the 100% full charged sign was still displayed when plugged out. I got paranoid and thought it might have something to do with some of the apps I had downloaded, so I went on a spree of deleting a few, but over time it just fixed itself like many of the other problem being posted on here.

wow, i couldnt wait 8 minutes to get my phone fixed, never mind 8 months.

subway wrote: »
    wow, i couldnt wait 8 minutes to get my phone fixed, never mind 8 months.

haha ah its working fine now!! I brought the phone into 3 when it was acting up in February. I insured it etc. they told me I had to ring their customer service or I could pop into the repair shop that they used. Now, after being told all this, I realised it wasn't so straightforward so, I said I'd do all of this after the weekend. I'm not messing, my phone was back to itself, working normal that weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Had that problem for a while ,very annoying .I replaced the usb port .Problem gone away ,happy days.

I actually have a new problem now. My phone keeps deactivating the network by itself. Anyone else have this problem? I've restarted my phone and it's still doing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

that just sounds like grime on contacts of the USB charge port

something similar happened to me so I got a toothbrush and gave the contacts a good clean, phone has been perfect since

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

kingtiger wrote: »
    that just sounds like grime on contacts of the USB charge port

something similar happened to me so I got a toothbrush and gave the contacts a good clean, phone has been perfect since

If you keep it in your pocket without a case (or even with one) fluff builds up in the sockets. I had a headphone problem with my HTC desire and I fished a fair bit of fluff out of the headphone jack and the same thing with my current phone and charging. Fibre's just get in there and get in the way after awhile. A toothbrush sounds like a good way to get it out, just don't try to jam a paperclip in there, way to large.

Mantel wrote: »
    just don't try to jam a paperclip in there, way to large.

indeed and a nice way to short your phone :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,409 ✭✭✭irishgeo

having trouble with remix it refues to start the rom after i upgarde despite doing a full wipe and i have to go back to the backup any suggestions for another good ROM

irishgeo wrote: »
    having trouble with remix it refues to start the rom after i upgarde despite doing a full wipe and i have to go back to the backup any suggestions for another good ROM

I have used Checkrom V6 with siyah kernel for the last few months its rock solid & fast with great battery life, tried a few others but keep going back to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Hi lads what's the best way to upgrade to ICS? Currently on Android 2.3.5.

Anyone here read about the brickbug issue.? I ran the got brickbug app and it says my phone can get it..

I'm on Siyah / CM9 and want to dual boot another rom but xda is too much effort right now... Been on it all morning trying to get my head around it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

The battery Icon on the top of my screen goes away sometimes. It comes back when i restart the phone. It doesn't come come back when i plug in charger.
    Has anyone else had this problem? How do i fix it? I have gone through everything to try get the little Icon back at the top. I don't know how much power i have left, have to go though long way, of settings, battery. Very annoying. How do i get the little battery indicator back to the top of the screen ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,409 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Anyone here read about the brickbug issue.? I ran the got brickbug app and it says my phone can get it..

I'm on Siyah / CM9 and want to dual boot another rom but xda is too much effort right now... Been on it all morning trying to get my head around it.

scanned my phone and its fine.says i can get but dont have it.

I think its related to unofficial Jellybean ROMS , Jellybean due to come to the SGS2 soon anyway officially,.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Anyone??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

closeline wrote: »
    Anyone??

Anyone what?

Advertisement