Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

''Leader's'' Debate - TV3 - 8.00PM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I really wish they would stop talking so much about what has happened in the past (bank guarantees etc) and explain their policies for the future as to what will get us out of the mess we are in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

gambiaman wrote: »
    Christ, that is the most wrong post I've ever seen!
    The man you think is the saviour has been part of cabinet for 14 years - he is responsible as much as Ahern, Cowen, McCreevy, Harney, lenihan.
    +1,000,000

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Voltwad wrote: »
    Martin is not contributing anything constructive whatsoever.

Translation: My man is losing. Feck.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

TV3 website had Gilmore at 62/100 and Martin at 53/100 at the break.

Updated just there, now equal at 53%.

FG website has live stream of Kenny's speech in Leitrim. Terrible stream though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

murpho999 wrote: »
    I really wish they would stop talking so much about what has happened in the past (bank guarantees etc) and explain their policies for the future as to what will get us out of the mess we are in now.

I think the problem is neither party really have a clue what to do about the future and talking about it would only show that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,038 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

funkyflea wrote: »
    The approval ratings say it all, really.

Gilmore 54%
    Martin 46%

Source...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Shocked by how poor Gilmore is. He has an arsenal of stuff to hit Martin with. Only one winner tonight, Kenny

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭wyndhurst

The man you think is the saviour has been part of cabinet for 14 years - he is responsible as much as Ahern, Cowen, McCreevy, Harney, lenihan.

FFS...all their policies are the same, they are all handcuffed by the bailout terms....all we have left is to have a leader that at least can communicate and not look like a complete TURKEY (aka Gilmore & Inda)

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭runman

Poor eamon looks like a rabbit in the headlights...FF have figured out how to win these debates..keep throwing figures at them and keep talking from the "experience" of being in power...Makes poor eamon look like a right greenhorn...:(

Yes because the Cabinet was given free reign not controlled tightly by Ahern/Cowen. Oh, and McCreevy wanted to go to Europe after all. Etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

wyndhurst wrote: »
    He can interrupt him because Gilmore is surprisingly weak. If he is what we have to look to - to go to the EU and bat on our behalf - then don't hold your breath for a good outcome.

Well cripes we know what we get from Martin et al disaster and more disaster. Gilmore should ask him about his 90k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Taking the piss with these ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

RubyRoss wrote: »
    Screw the debate ... Martin's tie is giving me a headache - Purple stripes!

Matches his eyes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Martin is one of the most annoying politicans ever.

I can't believe how bad Gilmore is here. Jesus Gilmore, you're up against the FF leader, the party who bankrupt the country. You should be killing him here.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Deepwell

Just looking at the NI tourism add - they have it easy up there - at least its easy to differentiate the SF - DUP policies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

nesf wrote: »
    Translation: My man is losing. Feck.

:D

He's doing alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Source...

its from tv3 website part of their live in running stuff

http://www.tv3.ie/election2011-like-o-meter.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Chipboard

A debate isn't a good way to decide this. Gilmore is not doing particularly well but lets face it he couldn't do any worse than FF in government.

For Chrissake Martin asked him a question at one point and when he answered Martin accused him of interrupting.... and he got away with it. Then he accused him of acting unilaterally by stating that it was either Frankfurts way or Labours way - that isn't acting unilaterally, its a true statement. If Labour wants it one way and Frankfurth want it the other way than the fact is that it will be either Frankfurts way or Labours way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Did these guys learn nothing from Obama? Look into the camera when you're talking ffs!

Source...

TV 3 Website

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    It disappoints me greatly that this has been mostly rhetoric so far, but sure when has a political debate ever been about informing the viewer anyway.

Agreed.
    The format frontline had is the one I hope RTEand TG4 use when they get their debates going - a running commentary from an economics/education/business guy after each person speaks.

The first part of this didn't really educate me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Very very disappointing. It's all just pointless emotive statements and sweeping generalisations.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

murpho999 wrote: »

That wouldnt be something that helps Gilemores argument (keeping debate about what happened). .

Watch him constantly try to bring things back to how FF ruined the country . . Not saying the statement isnt true, just doesnt mean people should have any confidence that he has the answers (if his answers are to just attack FF).

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭eoinbn

TV3 website had Gilmore at 62/100 and Martin at 53/100 at the break.

Updated just there, now equal at 53%.

FG website has live stream of Kenny's speech in Leitrim. Terrible stream though.

Given the hatred towards FF that's a win for Martin.

Martin has decided that a good offense is the best defense and it has worked fairly well so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

It's funny how Martin can ignore the past and confront people like this ,the guy has no shame and will shaft us again given half a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

The way forward - construction. What could possibly go wrong?

Did these guys learn nothing from Obama? Look into the camera when you're talking ffs!

Sorry but different format.

In US they stand behind podiums and then answer direct question put to them by host. There doesn't be a whole lot of interaction with each other.

In this they are debating against each other......would be strange to look away from your opponent and at camera.

Voltwad wrote: »
    He's doing alright

Not if you have a good understanding of economics he's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Kenny the real winner here. Let the two boys achieve nowt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Lets build more schools with more teachers and add to our Public sector bill? Ugh.

Advertisement