Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

''Leader's'' Debate - TV3 - 8.00PM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

Go on Vinny, stick it to them

All vb is doing is sitting like a plum in the suit. Don't rate the man much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Gilmore coming back.

No FF'er can defend the bailout...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Le King wrote: »
    Martin will wipe Gillmore and Kenny clean. But it won't make a difference for FF because the voters want them out.

Gillmore/Kenny scares me. The country is fcuked.

FG/Labour are still unknown quantities, I find it unlikely that they could fcuk things up as much as FF have. Distrust/dislike of FG/Labour seems to be the primary reason that some people are still planning on voting for FF, which sickens me.

There's an obvious massive lack of political talent in this country, the best thing we can do right now is boot out those that have proven themselves to be useless and cross our fingers and give the other crowd a chance.

Hate to admit it but Martin is debating well. Maybe Enda was wise to keep away.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Yeah, Martin is beating Gilmore around the place, but Gilmore's quite awful anyway so thats not too tricky.

Mind you its going on to the banking guarantee now, so Martin is going to have to defend the stupidest decision in the history of the state. Hes going to suffer as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Deepwell

MM must have bought new shoes - still seems to have label on the sole or maybe its his policy document.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    FF to remain the same.

I reckon FF will get a bump from this. A lot of people are looking for any reason to vote for Fianna Fáil.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Martin is definitely a much better debater than Gilmore (or Kenny) - as would Haughey, Cowen and Ahern be in the same situation. I really hope that people don't base their voting preferences on power of rhetoric or ability to best an opponent in a debate; that would be beyond retarded! We don't need the smoothest talker or better liar in government; we've done that long enough and the country is already completely fcuked as a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭wdmfapq4zs83hv

Drumpot wrote: »
    the saddest thing is that people would vote for Martin as prob the most credible/able leader were he not with FF.

All Gilmore can do (was it ever in doubt), is remind us all of the mess FF made.

It is kind of sad and to be honest if Kenny were there, I imagine Martin would completely mop up.

I agree with this, its actually a pity he is in FF. He's surprisingly better than I thought. He is coming across better than Gilmore unfortunately, but I still will never vote FF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Gilmore direct hitting now - Ff selectively quote honohan and have done for teh past year.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

telekon wrote: »
    Gilmore coming back.

That Gilmore needs the bailout of the banks to come back in this debate speaks volumes tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

i wish martin has leader of fg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

nanook wrote: »

This is not a Vincent Browne show......he is only chairing the debate....putting questions to them and keep them in time.

He won't be offering any opinions or retorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Martin has nothing to offer just criticizes everything Labour propose and constantly interrupts Gilmore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

bryaner wrote: »
    I certainly aint an FF supporter but Martin is using Gilmore as a mop to clean the floor.

The OP is obviously a troll; you seem serious, though. Are you sure you ain't a FF supporter?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭wyndhurst

telekon wrote: »
    Gilmore coming back.

He just did and nailed the reality that everyone else would have made the exact same decision if placed in the position of the banks being empty within days.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Vinny has to control this better. MM is being allowed way too much leeway. Gilmore not looking good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

nanook wrote: »

He's acting as Moderator. He's not supposed to get involved in the debate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

ah Micheál is making his credit union point...

he is wiping the floor at this debate no wonder Enda's running scared he would have shown FG's policies up for what they really are, rather then the spin FG are putting on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

wyndhurst wrote: »
    Jaysus, MM is wiping the floor with him.

If we could have him a Taoiseach without the rest of the FF muppets we'd be much better off.
    As the leader of the country we need someone who can 'sell the dream' and create some badly needed confidence.

Inda must be bricking it....

Christ, that is the most wrong post I've ever seen!
    The man you think is the saviour has been part of cabinet for 14 years - he is responsible as much as Ahern, Cowen, McCreevy, Harney, lenihan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

ionapaul wrote: »
    Martin is definitely a much better debater than Gilmore (or Kenny) - as would Haughey, Cowen and Ahern be in the same situation. I really hope that people don't base their voting preferences on power of rhetoric or ability to best an opponent in a debate; that would be beyond retarded! We don't need the smoothest talker or better liar in government; we've done that long enough and the country is already completely fcuked as a result.

They Will though. That is the problem!

That is why FF have held the majority vote for so many years, they have brilliant bull****ters.

Each Party in fairness, need a good public speaker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭RubyRoss

Screw the debate ... Martin's tie is giving me a headache - Purple stripes!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Its as bad as Ireland vs Wales, and thats bad believe me.

Kenny did the right thing staying away from these two idiots, hope he gets an overall majority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

It disappoints me greatly that this has been mostly rhetoric so far, but sure when has a political debate ever been about informing the viewer anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

ah Micheál is making his credit union point...

he is wiping the floor at this debate no wonder Enda's running scared he would have shown FG's policies up for what they really are, rather then the spin FG are putting on it.

If the past week is anything to go by MM would be complimenting Enda on how great his policies are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

Gilmores false teeth sound loose. He's doing ok though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Labour are getting the roasting they deserve ,Martin hasn't brought anything of his own to the table. So I can't see how he makes any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

The approval ratings say it all, really.

Gilmore 54%
    Martin 46%

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Martin is not contributing anything constructive whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

So masterstroke by Kenny. Labour could lose some votes :D Though I doubt he planned it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭wyndhurst

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Martin has nothing to offer just criticizes everything Labour propose and constantly interrupts Gilmore.

He can interrupt him because Gilmore is surprisingly weak. If he is what we have to look to - to go to the EU and bat on our behalf - then don't hold your breath for a good outcome.

Advertisement