Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

''Leader's'' Debate - TV3 - 8.00PM

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭NeedaNewName

I'll add my 2 cent.

I was a bit worried during the first 10 minutes or so that there was going to be a TV3 stitch up. When EG interupted MM the camera always gave a glimpse of Gilmore but when MM did same the camera stayed on EG leaving me with the impression that MM was an irritating dog barking rudely in the back ground, BUT seems to have been just bad camera/producer work as it stopped happening after the first 10 minutes.

As for the actual debate MM won hands down for some simple reasons. He had nothing to lose. EG on the other hand did and it was obvious he knew that and still had to do general populist electioneering.

He came across very aware of his situation, trying to get across a populist message while not getting dragged into detail that would undermine him.

MM on the other hand had no issues getting into the dirt, if only to drag EG into it.

That is how I saw it pan out.

Wished I'd watched that travellers wedding thing instead though. They were all talking about it at work :o :pac::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

After Matt Cooper's summary of the debate last night, today was the first day I didn't listen to him. Think I've lost all respect for him after him waxing lyrical about last night's fiasco being "brilliant".

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

A 1M peak is very impressive. I bet more of that 1M would have remained watching to increase the average had Vinnie been allowed to intervene and do his classic cross examination of Gilmore and Martin. It would have made it a lot more interesting. His only asking the questions and keep the time was annoying at time, especially during a lot of the waffle. You could tell he was grinding his teeth at one stage. :D

Well I heard matt doing an item on digital terrestrial tv on his show once that was so badly researched and showed so much lack of basic knowledge of the subject from Matt,that It made me wonder what else does he know so little about and what else is he pontificating about that he knows nothing about.

So basically when I saw him last night,I too just laughed.
    I also thought cabbot cove Ursella halligan bigging up the whole show afterwards was funny.
    Completely full of themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

SB-08 wrote: »
    A 1M peak is very impressive. I bet more of that 1M would have remained watching to increase the average had Vinnie been allowed to intervene and do his classic cross examination of Gilmore and Martin. It would have made it a lot more interesting. His only asking the questions and keep the time was annoying at time, especially during a lot of the waffle. You could tell he was grinding his teeth at one stage. :D

If Vinnie had been let loose smug sanctimonious Martin would have been knocked of his new pedestal instead of being allowed to behave like a FF grandee. Ugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    After Matt Cooper's summary of the debate last night, today was the first day I didn't listen to him. Think I've lost all respect for him after him waxing lyrical about last night's fiasco being "brilliant".

You had respect for him? o_O

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Scottie Dundee

I put this wee song on you-tube yesterday. Feel free to check it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26MvibngbJQ Joe Guevara (The Reluctant Revolutionary)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Looks like Kenny not taking part meant absolutely nothing to those polled and neither did his excuses, nothing for either Labour or FF from the debate.
    Martin's bounce is just not happening in the polls.
    Labour at a standstill.
    SF beginning to fall.
    Independents (inc ULA) rising.

SBP/RedC over Tues-Thurs last week:
    FG 38% +3
    Lab 20% -2
    FF 15% -2
    SF 10% -3
    Ind 14% +3
    GP 3% +1

FG are on course for the prize of an overall majority considering the leading party usually get an election day boost *upwards and with every other grouping at 20% or below the seat bounce is looking good for FG.

*Barring any calamities!

Advertisement