Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

''Leader's'' Debate - TV3 - 8.00PM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Martin answered his questioned to Vincent whereas Gilmore answered to Martin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

Is there not even a studio audience? WTF! This is already a huge disappointment!!

True. But the online voting thing is cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,038 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Is there not even a studio audience? WTF! This is already a huge disappointment!!

There has never been an audience for a leaders debate because that could be polluted with party supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

This is pointless, its like an extended version of Vincent Browne except poor Vinnie has been neutered, boring and pointless, Id be shocked if any new info on plans or policies was revealed tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

Its actually angering me now a little that enda is a no show. I hope in the debates he does do that he is exposed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Anyone else bored already......this is a farce without Kenny being there....also no audience is a joke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

There has never been an audience for a leaders debate because that could be polluted with party supporters.

They did it in the UK debates. There were strict rules for audience members. It worked very well, I think. Audience members delivered questions, and invariably made them personal to their own lives, which I thought was nice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Doesn't seem to be a problem in the UK or US?

Watch Gilmore's tounge - not sure if it's a nervous twitch but I'm sure a body language expert will be able to judge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Thats not a debate ffs. Why are they not standing behind podiums and no audience either. f this i am putting on the west wing box set.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

It's a TV3 stunt to cash in on the elections ,can't wait for the proper debates.
    On an Irish station:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Martin has been impressive so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Gilmore is getting quite a roasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

seems like a typical v.browne show to me, boring!!!!!!!!!1

What good will an audience do? All parties will not want an audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

Gilmore is not hitting it out if the park. Martin is standing his ground stutter or no stutter.

Can't listen to Gilmore and thank good Kenny/noonan monster was a no show. He gave different reasons why he would not appear, can't back a fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Martin knows well he won't be next Taoiseach so all he has to do is keep the pressure on Gilmore who is underwhelming so far and there's only so much steam he can blow off before we get to the nitty gritty of Labour policies, let's see how they hold up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

All negative from mehole.
    Starting to talk over each other now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

MM is on the attack, EG on defence.

Enjoyable so far though :)

Not sure how well this would have worked with 3 people involved though :confused: It wouldn't be so freeflowing for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Paddy1965

Martin is doing well but it won't make a difference when the voting takes place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Gilmore is poor , doesnt matter though , get FF out , cant wait for voting day:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    seems like a typical v.browne show to me, boring!!!!!!!!!1

Agree this is boring but you've obviously not watched the normal Vincent Browne show.....it's far from boring!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Martin needs to shave the head, his thinning combover is lol.

He needs to go down the Pep Guardiola route, not the Monty Burns route.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Browney7

Disappointed at Gilmore's performance so far to be honest

MM rehearsing for his opposition role.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Better off watching this

http://finegael2011.com/

• Advertisement

Martin's weak spot is his hands (too much movement) - really need a body language expert here tonight.

Advertisement