Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

''Leader's'' Debate - TV3 - 8.00PM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

Micheal Martin OMG - this debate has clearly shown he is the new Bertie Ahearn or Charlie Haughey - I never realised how much of a chancer he is.

I have to say I would be very very concerned about this man - tis scary :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

How much will Prone be billing Martin for the PR?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Matt Cooper....'This was a cracking debate'.....GTFO.....it was dull and the main player was missing and made it irrelevant.......I think he's being paid by TV3 to promote the channel!

Terri Prone is Andy Gray.
    Matt Cooper is Jamie Redknapp.
    Don't know what the other guy is.

Ursula Halligan is Richard Keys but less hairy!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Derryleigh

Does Matt Cooper wear those shirts for a bet?

Terri Prone must meet herself coming home every day from a radio or TV show of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

dedon wrote: »
    No surprise Terry FF Prone is supporting Martin.

It is amazing how many on here are falling for the FF public debating skills.

FOr god sake people they are telling you lies, like they have done for years. Use your brains here.

Aye, its a standard issue FF tactic, remember Brian "I don't accept that Miriam" Lenihan after the EU/IMF bailout fiasco where he tried to bluster and bluff his way out of every question. Cowen was the same in the Dail when he blustered about how he was doing everything for the good of the country blah blah blah

I just hope that people see through the bluster.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Tech3 wrote: »
    What planet are these muppets on?

Planet Media, they're feeding off their own setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

naughto wrote: »
    3 0 to ireland

Winning 3-0 tonight in a pointless friendly won't get Ireland any nearer to the Euro Championships.

Likewise, Martin or Gilmore's performances have had no effect on the real state of the parties I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Ursula Halligan is a bit of a goon. Don't like her style of questioning.

Asking now were they professionally trained. Jesus the dog on the street would expect them to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

I wouldn't say body language is a myth; if one of them stood up and started whacking off mid-debate it wouldn't go un-noticed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Terry Prone reckons body language doesn't matter but is analyzing glasses of water. :confused:

Body language is important in being a good communicator and if you want to convince other people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Prone the expert communicator? Terrie the drone,bore!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Martin won hands down......unfortunatly.....

Gilmour had nothing to say. All he did was use 'buzz' sayings. Piss poor.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Poor Ursula bigging up her TV3!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

at least it gave some of the new blood a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Riveting debate...is she fcuking serious :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Were in a serious financial crisis with billions in debt and after one of the biggest debates leading up to the most important election in our country and all they can talk about is...... a glass of water :confused: FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Terrie DRONE!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Winning 3-0 tonight in a pointless friendly won't get Ireland any nearer to the Euro Championships.

Likewise, Martin or Gilmore's performances have had no effect on the real state of the parties I feel.

Its not a friendly, its the carling nations cup, with a lovely silver cup for the winner.

Anway it couldnt be anymore friendly that noonan and lenihan the other night on frontline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

To be honest I think it was a good debate. It of course had the usual sound bites but there was none of this shouty bull**** that does no good.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Deepwell

This debate format is waste of time, its too manicured. Put them in front of a live audiance of real punters and let them fire questions. Then you might see some leadership or maybe not.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

More "scintillating" analysis on the way, folks!!!!!

Does anyone know whether I can watch a test card instead ?

TV3 - the misplaced self-congratulatory hyperbole channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Flimbos

murpho999 wrote: »
    Matt Cooper....'This was a cracking debate'.....GTFO.....it was dull and the main player was missing and made it irrelevant.......I think he's being paid by TV3 to promote the channel!

Terri Prone is Andy Gray.
    Matt Cooper is Jamie Redknapp.
    Don't know what the other guy is.

Ursula Halligan is Richard Keys but less hairy!

Ronnie Whelan or Kenny Cunningham, can't decide!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Ursula Halligan is a bit of a goon. Don't like her style of questioning.

Asking now were they professionally trained. Jesus the dog on the street would expect them to be.

I don't think I'll hang around for more 'scintillating analysis' as Ursula just put it!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    populace but vacuous.

Which one are you describing there???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Terri Prone - Martin Won

Rafter - Gilmore Won

Matt Cooper - Kenny Won, but Martin did well

Rafter was the one wearing glasses right?. Did he have a hearing aid too?. Martin blew the awful Gilmore outta the water, but Kenny might be the ultimate winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

And I always thought Matt Cooper was good. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Chipboard

Oh dear. I'll never get that hour and 35 minutes back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

<Ollie> wrote: »
    And I always thought Matt Cooper was good. :rolleyes:

Money changes everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,096 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

3rd most tweeted item in the world tonight according to RTE News.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭EricPraline

The debate was vacuous and uninformative. But the "scintillating" post-debate panel talked it up, as if we had just witnessed a remarkable gladiatorial battle. The whole thing looked like an attempt to ape Sky's election debate hype from last year's UK election.

The only information I gleaned from the debate was on the relative debating skills of two party leaders and on Vincent Browne's discomfort with keeping quiet, nothing more.

Advertisement