Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

''Leader's'' Debate - TV3 - 8.00PM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭cozar

The whole thing was rendered somewhat pointless without Enda, but only because the real debate here is between FG and Labour. Martin is just there to attack them both, win more seats for FF than people expected and ensure his own leadership of the party post-election.

I'm inclined to agree that Martin came across stronger. But I don't think it makes any difference. It's easy for Martin. FF won't be in the next government. He knows this and all these bullsh*t policies and reforms that he has pulled out of his arse in the last two weeks don't mean mean squat because he knows he won't have deliver any of them.

Anyone who is won over to FF on the basis of Martin's performance tonight is most likely a dyed-in-the-wool FF supporter who (in privacy of the ballot box) was never going to be able to bring themselves to vote against them anyway, despite what opinion polls have been suggesting.

This debate has actually convinced me to vote Labour. I was going to vote for one of the leftist groups, but after watching Martin slither his way through this debate I've become convinced that we have to break free from these civil war parties. Labour (imperfect as it is) is the best real chance for this.

deffo needed Enda there, only watched a bit, a right yawn fest. i would have loved to have seen Enda just for the cringe factor. ratings would prob have gone through the roof if he was!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,509 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Best thing in Irish politics? WHAT???!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Did I just here "Best thing I've seen in Irish politics?". :eek:

How much are TV3 paying these people?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

WTF :eek::confused::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭kellogscoffey

"An absolute championship fight, a cracker" says that journalist guy :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 24pintsman

Martin was by far the better performer tonight - he rattled Gilmore on several occasions. It won't make a lick of difference for FF though - public have mind made up on that one. Strangely enough Kenny also emerged as a winner from tonight's debate - both Martin and Gilmore should have seriously attacked Fine Gael's policies seeing as there was no one there to defend them but by ignoring and not mocking Kenny they allowed him to get away with his no-show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

The second panel is even more deluded or did I just not witness the most turgid 80 minutes of my life?

"The best thing I've seen in my life" says some unctuous Indo hack.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Spudmonkey wrote: »
    Which one are you describing there???

Martin of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Did Brendan Keenan spent the last 90 minutes in the pub?

What killer punches?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Jesus Christ ,I thought that xpose muck was bad.

Politics is changing ,it's becoming worse with this shower.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Experts in their field eh, the best they could do for the field of communications is a columnist from The Herald?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,509 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

So are the two debaters embarressed that an empty chair was actually a challenger for the winner of the debate for a while?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Did I just here "Best thing I've seen in Irish politics?". :eek:

How much are TV3 paying these people?

Ye just think it was a bad debate because Martin won...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    More "scintillating" analysis on the way, folks!!!!!

Does anyone know whether I can watch a test card instead ?

TV3 - the misplaced self-congratulatory hyperbole channel.

they must have put a prozac/ecstasy mix in the panellists water or something if they really think that was a good debate. Johnny Giles would have called this a boring 0-0 draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

gambiaman wrote: »
    The second panel is even more deluded or did I just not witness the most turgid 80 minutes of my life?

"The best thing I've seen in my life" says some unctuous Indo hack.

Maybe he was watching the Ireland match. They were pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

I've seen better debates watching wino's arguing over a bottle of piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

This is hilarious viewing. TV3 is tabloid rubbish!!

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

Micheal Martin is just a good actor nothing more the people will not be fooled by FF again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

Deepwell wrote: »
    This debate format is waste of time, its too manicured. Put them in front of a live audiance of real punters and let them fire questions. Then you might see some leadership or maybe not.....

It would be hard to see the facial expressions through the chicken wire.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

WTF are the pundits on? TV3 are taking the p*ss here big time!

• Advertisement

cosanostra wrote: »
    Micheal Martin is just a good actor nothing more the people will not be fooled by FF again!

Youre right and that is good. Unfortunately, the people are going to be fooled by FG this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Ye just think it was a bad debate because Martin won...

LOL, you must admit the 'scinitillating analysis' of a not-very-good debate is beyond parody at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Enda kenny has the full house on this one ,fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,185 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Experts in their field eh, the best they could do for the field of communications is a columnist from The Herald?

A Herald columnist on the televisual equivalent of the Sun. Makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Micheál O'Máirtín....Micheál O'Máirtín....Micheál O'Máirtín

Shut up you silly cow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Shameless is on soon. The best political speech you will hear tonight is Frank's rant at the beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

<Ollie> wrote: »
    This is hilarious viewing. TV3 is tabloid rubbish!!

Its like those Sky Sports ads for Rotherham v Burnley live or something, its phenomenally vacuous hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Brendan Keenan from the Independent on doing his FF lackey bit. Here he is 'debating' with Morgan Kelly; he's either a liar or hasn't got a clue.

Nehaxak wrote: »
    I've seen better debates watching whino's arguing over a bottle of piss.

You mean winos? I have a feeling you didnt really witness that fascinating debate....(the whino one)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Inda, ya coward!

Advertisement