Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

''Leader's'' Debate - TV3 - 8.00PM

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

gambiaman wrote: »
    LOL, you must admit the 'scinitillating analysis' of a not-very-good debate is beyond parody at this stage.

The analysis is poor tbf, but the debate wasn't half as poor as people are making it out to be...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

In the overview of the debate I am sure rational viewers will be happy to hear Martin extol the bona fide decisions that he and FF made for the good of the country and we are all better off for it. FG and Labour financial plans will not add up he claimed. We will be paying the bill FF for the next 20 years. Nice one Martin the spoofer. Next time Gilmore needs to drop the nice guy image and go aggressive his usual style to avoid being patronised to death by Martin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Enda was perfectly right not to take part in the debat tonight. Vincent Browne is the equivalent of Jerry Springer, TV3 are a tabloid TV station, and this debate and the subsequent "analysis" just proves it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Utter tripe of a "debate". What the feck are these clowns on TV3 talking about. No substance, no answers to the countries problems, so sick of this rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭kellogscoffey

Micheál O'Máirtín....Micheál O'Máirtín....Micheál O'Máirtín

Shut up you silly cow.

Thank God I'm not the only one :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    A Herald columnist on the televisual equivalent of the Sun. Makes sense.

Yup, how sad it is that these party leaders see TV3 as a worthy platform for their debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,509 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Did you not hear Enda. He'll be at the other 3 debates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Kenny would stick to ceebeebees!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

The analysis is poor tbf, but the debate wasn't half as poor as people are making it out to be...

You're right, it wasn't poor.

It was awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Its like those Sky Sports ads for Rotherham v Burnley live or something, its phenomenally vacuous hype.

I'm loving the comparisons being made on here tonight - every one bang on the money.
    Just shows you can't rely on the tv, the radio or the papers to independently inform. Or the leaders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Derryleigh

You have to remebmer that as far as alot of these journalists are concerned this election is all about them, one wanting to be as good and headline grabbing as the next.

Wish the media would calm down a bit instead of spinning spin and looking for angles where angles dont exist.

Are we so stupid that we need all these media people telling us what we have just heard day in day out, morning noon and night on every bloody paper, radioa nd TV you look at.

They are losing the run of themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

If this was Sky, Inda went for Sellotanta!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Twitter, eh? Right I'll have to put up something but I doubt they'll read it out! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'm growing very tired of these bloody twitter reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

They're actually not rhapsodising enough. In reality, not since Socrates and Plato faced each other has debate been raised to this level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

You're right, it wasn't poor.

It was awful.

I don't know what you were expecting to be honest. It was as good as the UK leaders debates a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,096 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Stephen Murphy is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

that was sh**e debate, TV3 analysis is taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭cozar

switching over to sky atlantic and "blue blood" have enough of this boring tv3 mush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Would be nice if everyone on Boards with a twitter account twitted to TV3 that they'd just had another poo. It is after all, the only reason twitter exists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭stee.mc79

Enda is a coward, he was distroyed in the last general election in a tv debate by Brian Cowen. Memories of that are still ringing in his ears.

112,000 people voted!

This suggests the debate attracted a substantial viewership, well over half a million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

TV3 is the real loser here tonight. Stunningly bad television hype.

I don't know what you were expecting to be honest. It was as good as the UK leaders debates a few months ago.

Nah, I thought the first UK leaders debate was pretty good, after they got used to each others styles it got pretty dull though.

LET'S PLEASE FOCUS ON THE ISSUE AT HAND. MICHEAL MARTIN'S DAUGHTER/CRASS POSTING IS NOT THE ISSUE.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭EricPraline

112,000 people voted!

This suggests the debate attracted a substantial viewership, well over half a million.
    Unique votes by individuals, or 112,000 votes in total? Didn't see any restriction on repeat votes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Oh the pain is over... Good riddance, Ursla and your scintillating analysis. Looking forward to hearing from Vincent later.

112,000 people voted!

Is that 112,000 unique votes though? Coz I know I "voted" about 12 times

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Mister men wrote: »

+1

• Advertisement

Mister men wrote: »

I thought TV3 did really well - VB was an excellent moderator.

RTE will do the exact same thing by the way - I presume you will have the same criticism when they do it.

Advertisement