Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

''Leader's'' Debate - TV3 - 8.00PM

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

That's not what he is saying.
    He is saying he's not like his buddies Dempsey, Ahern, Harney, Ahern, Killeen , McDaid, O'Keeffe who have abandoned ship with huge 'entitlements' before the new regulations come in from the next Dail.

This is his justification for keeping 90,000 euros of taxpayers money laughingly called a parachute payment, for himself.

Of course he never mentioned he also has his old teachers job to go back too as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Chipboard

Martin wants to appoint non elected people to government. The Galway tent moves to Leinster House!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Gibson screamer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

You don't see the Labour and Fine Gael politicians foregoing it either...

How many Labour or FG politicians have been in power the last 14 years when FF were voting huge pay and pension increases for themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

We've had to hand out quite a few bans and infractions in this thread already. Please keep to the rules people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Let him f--k off to the private sector then. Otherwise he should shut his yap about it

No chance. Straight back to being a teacher.

Seems Mickey favours the jobs with the longest holidays. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jamas

Was looking forward to seeing Gilmore wipe the floor with Martin. OOps, just not happenning is it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Flimbos

Gilmore has his homework done on Michéal ministerial career :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Chipboard wrote: »
    Martin wants to appoint non elected people to government. The Galway tent moves to Leinster House!

In 5 minutes the cabinet would be populated by CEO 's of multinational corporations.....that is the FF way forward, the Galway tent would be nothing in comparison

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Martin is pretty amusing, though. Does he remember where he's been for the last 14 years?
    The way he's going on is like if Hermann Goring popped up at the end of WW2 saying he can't believe the whole war and concentration camp thing and that if everyone just listened to him everything would be alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

This debate highlights the fact we have noone that can lead this country in Labour and FF.

FG are also been led by a dead duck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

They're level pegging it almost now. Who would have thought that, seriously poor showing from Labour. Fianna Fail had nothing to lose really.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mossyc123

Gilmore needed this election last year.

He has been destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

This is almost over.....and I can honestly say that I am no wiser of each party's policies than I was at the start.

All talk about changing politics and health......biggest issue right now is the economy and unemployment and neither of them have said ONE single thing they would do to tackle it.

Won't be voting for either but I have to say Martin has performed better....he will do well in opposition in the next Dail, but I'm more worried about Gilmore being in government than I was at the start of the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Martin hasnt a clue, Gilmore should nail him but hes absolutely useless. Politics is like a fuking circus in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Kenny is the winner so far. He may have pulled off a masterstroke.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

If Martin was with FG it would be 75/25 . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

An easy win for Martin... Showed Gilmore up for the spoofer he is.

No wonder Kenny stayed away....

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭carm

An absolute waste of an hour of my evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭pazza

Round 1 to the chair...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

funkyflea wrote: »
    They're level pegging it almost now. Who would have thought that, seriously poor showing from Labour. Fianna Fail had nothing to lose really.

Which shows why Kenny was better to skip it. The alleged debate was a shambles . Martin is a spoofer, thats pretty obvious and Gilmore completely fumbled the ball when he chances to bury martin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

amacachi wrote: »
    Kenny is the winner so far. He may have pulled off a masterstroke.

Still a coward though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

funkyflea wrote: »

I thought Gilmore recovered very well the longer it goes on. Martin talks but there is no substance at all not even a hint of policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Gibson screamer :)
    Damien Duff has just added a second. 68 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭martin46585

Poppycock, tell us something we didn't know !'!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Pretty unimpressive performances from both candidates. MM getting very hyped up throughout, his body language was aggressive and he was blustering a lot. Gilmore tried to play the reserved statesman but took it too far, he had no bite and let Martin away with murder.

Gilmore ended well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Would have been interesting to see Biffo up there tonight, all shouty and bolshy. "I simply don't accept that...", "What I believe is this..." etc. etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

this idea of outsiders as ministers.

What does the civil service do? shouldnt they be the experts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I think Gilmore used these tactics deliberately, he didn't want to come across as aggressive and preferred to take the statesman approach.

I think he done much better in the 2nd half of the show.

Overall, i doubt it will have much impact on the overall scheme of things as the future debates will have much mores significance.

Could plump FF up by 2 or 3% in the next poll but will change again.

Advertisement