Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I probably just need to be patient. My first 2 attempts were pitiful but i did well on my last attempt so I should chance him again.

I hate that he hurts me a bit every time he hits me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31768497&postcount=655

Useful tip for trying to co-op with friends / trade
    HOW TO EASILY CO-OP WITH FRIENDS

I'm not sure if many have figured this out yet, but I haven't really seen it posted here.
    I was watching a stream of some dude playing Dark Souls the other day and he was constantly summoning his friend into his boss fights/areas. I asked him how he did it and he happily told me. Apparently, whenever you drop your White Soapstone, it's placed on a random server. If you drop it again, it's placed on a server different than the one it was before. So a buddy of mine thought we'd try out this guy's method of summoning his friend. My friend would drop his soapstone, and wait about 20 second, and drop it again until I told him I seen it, which I did eventually, every time. Sometimes it took five minutes, one time it took around 11 minutes, but that's because the first two times I seen his stone, he dropped another one before I told him I seen it, so the summon would fail.
    TL;DR: Drop Soapstone near buddy every 20-30 seconds. Buddy should see it eventually when it lands on his server. Summon him up

Reposted this because it works!!! After spending 35 hours since launch to co-op with my friend and being unsuccessful, we tried this method tonight and we managed to summon each other 6 times! Cleared Undead Burg, Undead Parish and Lower Undead Burg together.

This workaround definitely works, basically one of us planted down their sign and we would wait 1 min (instead of 30 seconds because we wanted to make it safe) to let the soul sign appear in the other person's world/server. If still no sign after 1 min, replant.

Took about 5-10 mins of planting and waiting in average. Though it's still really down to luck because we had to keep trying for one hour at some point before I could see my friend's sign. Fortunately it was much faster the other times.

Whilst it's far from being as smooth as it was in Demon's Souls , it's as good as it gets at the moment for sure. Seems like your soul sign switches from a server to another each time you replant it, no need to exit the game nor PSN/XBL.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

tok9 wrote: »
    I probably just need to be patient. My first 2 attempts were pitiful but i did well on my last attempt so I should chance him again.

I hate that he hurts me a bit every time he hits me.

he's actually quite easy to parry I found - not sure I would have beaten him quite so easily (if at all!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Wossack wrote: »
    he's actually quite easy to parry I found - not sure I would have beaten him quite so easily (if at all!)

This is how i beat him also. On my first attempts i was trying to block with a greatshield and he was just smashing through my guard, and i was in heavy armour so rolling all his attacks wasnt an option. Then i tried to parry, its actually very easy. You cant parry his kick, grab, or jumping attack though...On the next try i equiped two rings that increase parry and critical hits, was doing 1000 DMG with a Blackknight Sword each parry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

If you have 40 end with a good shield you can block everything last boss does. Parrying isn't hard though so even if you do have enough to block, parrying is better for the damgezors!2111! :p
    Kiith wrote: »
    I'd get Skyrim on Steam, but i've to trade in Dark Souls just to be able to afford it :(

Kith.....How could you? Think of New Game+++++++++++ :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Kirby wrote: »
    Kith.....How could you? Think of New Game+++++++++++ :p

I'll probably end up buying it again...like i did with Demon's Souls :o

Just too broke for both right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,268 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Kiith wrote: »
    I'll probably end up buying it again...like i did with Demon's Souls :o

Just too broke for both right now.

For me its not financial, but I spent 3 hours on the game just waiting around Anor Londo hoping to be summoned (and killing silver knights for souls though).

By the time I was finished playing I was like "what did I achieve"

I wasn't happy with the answer!

Just finished it there. Can't believe it took 60 hours! What a fantastic game.

I thought I finished it with the good ending but after reading up on it and watching the other I haven't a clue if it was good or bad and the same with the other :)

Anyway it's a great game and if it wasn't for all the other games i've bought I would nearly start it all over again!

Also people weren't lying about those baby skeletons. You can get a serious amount of humanity and souls even.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It reminded me a hell of a lot of the ending from Bastion. Like real life there is moral ambiguity. There is no real good or bad option, just different ones......which I like. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Started
    Sen's Fortress

Seriously, what the ****... it's bloody ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »
    Started
    Sen's Fortress

what part :-)

Started
    Sen's Fortress

Once you find the bonfire it's not too bad but you have to get past all the traps to get to it :( After a few goes you should have the timing of the traps. I found tilting the camera so you're looking down lets you judge the distance between the swinging blades better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

This is waaaayy harder than demons souls, stupid f****** with firebombs:mad:

Maybe I need to adjust my play style having just finished the first uncharted...:o

rickyjb wrote: »
    This is waaaayy harder than demons souls, stupid f****** with firebombs:mad:

Maybe I need to adjust my play style having just finished the first uncharted...:o
    The first 10 hours or so can be tough going but it's easy to level up to SL20ish without too much grinding. After that you should be laughing for the early stages.

Can't say I found it any tougher than Demon Souls. The bonfires are generously spaced which helps a lot. Like Demon Souls I'm finding easier the further I go!

Anyone notice the shortcut in priscilla's world, the second zombie dragon can be made stand up and you can roll down to the platform below for a quick way to the boss fight. Finally got the bitchs dagger :D

dagger is a random drop? or have you got to chop her tail off? Cant remember if she had a tail, as she was feckin invis for my entire fight! :o

Wossack wrote: »
    dagger is a random drop? or have you got to chop her tail off? Cant remember if she had a tail, as she was feckin invis for my entire fight! :o

You must chop her tail off , and it isnt easy cause shes so weak and easy to kill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

penev10 wrote: »
    The first 10 hours or so can be tough going but it's easy to level up to SL20ish without too much grinding. After that you should be laughing for the early stages.

Can't say I found it any tougher than Demon Souls. The bonfires are generously spaced which helps a lot. Like Demon Souls I'm finding easier the further I go!

Yeah there was a real "getting over the hump" effect once you killed your first archdemon in demon's souls. Only at the Taurus demon but I haven't really gained any equipment or levelled up so I feel like I'm way underpowered. I think half of it is learning to be patient again and not running headfirst into gangs of enemies:o

I really do hate those f****** with firebombs though...

Has anyone ever had any experience of the gravelord invasion / harder enemies thing? I joined the covenant to get the sword but I might mess about with it before I kill Nito. I've never seen one of the summon signs (or a red summon sign come to think of it)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,087 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

got summoned into dark anor londo, lad messaged me asking did i know what to do as he had killed the princess !!

we kept getting invaded , but managed to kill 4 or 5 in a row , he told me that he got invaded by 2 at the same time !!

good fun indeed !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Razleavy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

penev10 wrote: »
    Once you find the bonfire it's not too bad but you have to get past all the traps to get to it :( After a few goes you should have the timing of the traps. I found tilting the camera so you're looking down lets you judge the distance between the swinging blades better.

The problem was I had no idea that bonfire was there. The guy is reining fire down on me, I'm not exactly going to go looking at every crumbled piece of wall. But far more infuriating is
    when you're trying to kill Gwyndoleth after attacking the princess. Every time I die I end up back at the Anor Londo bonfire and because the princess is dead I can no longer teleport to the bonfire at Gwyn. So I have to make my way through the whole bloody church on the platforms and all. I'm convinced this is a bug, since even people who haven't attacked the princess have the same thing happening to them.

The problem was I had no idea that bonfire was there. The guy is reining fire down on me, I'm not exactly going to go looking at every crumbled piece of wall. But far more infuriating is
    when you're trying to kill Gwyndoleth after attacking the princess. Every time I die I end up back at the Anor Londo bonfire and because the princess is dead I can no longer teleport to the bonfire at Gwyn. So I have to make my way through the whole bloody church on the platforms and all. I'm convinced this is a bug, since even people who haven't attacked the princess have the same thing happening to them.

yea this annoyed me no end, gotta be a bug as said...

I actually ran back to the bonfire at the top of sens, as the bonfire preceding
    gwendolin
    is a valid warp destination

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

has this been patched yet?? I read it was but then read europe hasn got it yet??

Arawn wrote: »
    has this been patched yet?? I read it was but then read europe hasn got it yet??

Only in Japan I think. Don't know when it will be release here.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭gammon_steak

Anyone got tips for Blighttown?

At the bonfire and my Drake Sword and Crystal Sword are damaged so I'm stuck with a hatchet. Used all my arrows on that slug thing and it's still there. If I go near it I'm toast. If I go the other way there's this beast with a giant club. I tried running passed him only to fall to my death.

I don't know if I can face going all the way back up through to find a blacksmith so I'm in a spot of bother or is there something I can do?
    :confused:
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

At the bonfire and my Drake Sword and Crystal Sword are damaged so I'm stuck with a hatchet. Used all my arrows on that slug thing and it's still there. If I go near it I'm toast. If I go the other way there's this beast with a giant club. I tried running passed him only to fall to my death.

I don't know if I can face going all the way back up through to find a blacksmith so I'm in a spot of bother or is there something I can do?
    Thanks!
    If you are at the bonfire, just go outside and right and then up the waterwheels until you get to the 3 guys with giant clubs. Past them into the cliff area (probably where you died) and across the bridge is access to a shortcut lift back to firelink.

CodeMonkey wrote: »
    If you are at the bonfire, just go outside and right and then up the waterwheels until you get to the 3 guys with giant clubs. Past them into the cliff area (probably where you died) and across the bridge is access to a shortcut lift back to firelink.

2 bonfires in blighttown, and it sort of sounds like he's at the top one (?)

not sure which way would be quicker to a BS tbh...

get yourself a repairbox asap! :)

/edit yea, sounds like he's at the top bonfire, first one encountered after the depths, and the crystal weapon merchant. Unfort I think its quicker to go back the way you came gammon.. :( clearing down to the second bonfire (past the toxic blowdart fecks..), to go out the shortcut to firelink would be alot of work (and rage!) with just yer hatchet :o

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭gammon_steak

Yeah I'm at the first bonfire I guess. The one near the giant slug. I'll try go back so. The way back may be just as hard but I'm getting too frustrated about going forward so worth a try. It was heartbreaking when "Weapon at Risk" popped up.

• Advertisement

Thanks!
    You're miles from a blacksmith like the posters above say. Maybe best to work up a few souls on the way back to the merchant and get a new crystal sword?

Advertisement