Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

GOOSEPAUL wrote: »
    No, I know how to target stuff :p. There are small white circles on the ground and when i walk up to one my heal spell has a white circle on it. not sure what they are

that makes 2 of us so :)

noodler wrote: »
    I was actually having trouble making contact with the Four Kings on a regular basis - I wonder is it something to do with the Halbred?

Will probably get another attempt in on the feckers tonight.

I was using my raw Halberd +5 and it was fine. Just get right next to them and keep swinging. When you run out of stamina, circle him but be weary of any kings around him just so you don't walk into another attack. Then attack him again.

All this said, I found him tough and I was at least level 68 I'd be thinking if not higher so maybe he's come a bit early for you?

What level are you at now?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Wossack

Just at the final boss - does my inventory get stripped once I've killed him and start over in NG+ ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

You keep all your weapons and rings and armour, your bottomless box and a few other nic-nac's. You lose your keys though.

Once you kill the last boss, NG+ starts.....so if you want to mess about now is the time to do it.

tok9 wrote: »
    No my highest stat is strength at 34. My END is about 25 or 26 I'd be thinking.

Maybe that was is so.

Yeah, that would be it I would wager. I did 4 kings last so I was pretty maxed.

When I came accross the set of Capra demons halfway through the game in the Demon ruins.....their jumping attack still hurt me when block. When I came back later with higher END.....the block didn't even take a quarter of my stamina and I took no damage.

Ta Kirby :)

High stablity is great - something I never really understood. Recently got Art's greatshield (88 stab iirc), and blocking attacks takes practically no stamina off. Think Im going to leave my endurance at 30, see how I do

• Advertisement

Aye its good. Don't bother upgrading it to+1 or +2 etc. though because its stability doesn't go up.....only the damage on shield bash.

The only problem with it is its average magical defense. You still get hurt when blocking magic. Other shields do that better. I occasionally switch it out for a magic shield. Its a great shield though. Havel's shield is the best shield because it has 84 stability and insane magic resistance.......but havels shield needs 50 str. Not many people have that much.

Yea, Ive an effigy shield for magic (80%), and a blackknights for fire def (95%). Used an upgraded silver knights shield for general purpose up till getting Arts. Think it looks badass, which doesnt hurt :)

Think I'll finish tonight, and have a go at ng+. Got all the drops from the black knights - man I absolutely destroy them now, such a comparison to first encountering them (argh! run away!). Love that about the game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Wossack wrote: »
    Just at the final boss - does my inventory get stripped once I've killed him and start over in NG+ ?

Just to add, you also lose your embers. So if your looking to do some weapon upgrading do it before the NG+ as you will have to collect all of em again (learned the hardway) Oh and you also lose the Lava Ring and the Abyss Ring

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I'm taking a break from this for a while. Blight Town was tricky due to the falling deaths, the big guys with the clubs and those annoying insects. I hated the way the scenery would often interfere with your view during heated battles. Just at the bonfire outside Quellaag's domain now. Dammit I kept getting caught out by Quelaag's explosion attack which kills instantly. My mind was just addled and my nerves shot from the Blight Town area in general. I'm won't play it again until the weekend so I can get my mind back in order. Once I've done this I'll make mincemeat of Quelaag:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Just to add, you also lose your embers. So if your looking to do some weapon upgrading do it before the NG+ as you will have to collect all of em again (learned the hardway) Oh and you also lose the Lava Ring and the Abyss Ring

do you hang on to the boss souls and you titanite bits and pieces if you have any left ?

i am a bit weak to use sifs souls for anything at the moment, so might not be bothered to use it till i have the strength to at least be able to use the weapon !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

finally beat those two guys in smough and lightning dude, but it was on my second character i gave up trying on my theif. If only id known you could summon a npc in human form the first 44 time's i died to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

2smiggy wrote: »
    do you hang on to the boss souls and you titanite bits and pieces if you have any left ?

i am a bit weak to use sifs souls for anything at the moment, so might not be bothered to use it till i have the strength to at least be able to use the weapon !
    http://darksouls.wikidot.com/new-game-plus

Read the checklist..

I'm around New londo now Noodler if you need a hand but i'm also level 81 and we have to hope i'm on the same server. Still I'll be here for a bit anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 26,223 ✭✭✭✭noodler

tok9 wrote: »
    I'm around New londo now Noodler if you need a hand but i'm also level 81 and we have to hope i'm on the same server. Still I'll be here for a bit anyway

Cheers man.

I'm done for the night though, was soul farmin and titanate/large titanite farming. Trying to get these boss souls used up.

I wish there wasn't a find all rare weapons trophy.

Not sure I'll bother with New Game +. Games taking up too much off my time!

Level 64 now though. Wishing I left the ring of favour and good fortune on.

Cheers man.

I'm done for the night though, was soul farmin and titanate/large titanite farming. Trying to get these boss souls used up.

I wish there wasn't a find all rare weapons trophy.

Not sure I'll bother with New Game +. Games taking up too much off my time!

Level 64 now though. Wishing I left the ring of favour and good fortune on.

Im considering using two of them on my ng+ run. They add so much that together would be cool. The only drawback is at the end of the game I would have to break one for the Abyss ring. That would kind of suck :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I made several practice runs at Seath as a phantom last night to ensure I knew how to get the tail / Moonlight sword. On my own attempt I ended up summoning some uber-dude (I'm SL63 but this guy was way over that, my estus flask +3 barely upped his health bar!) and before I got 3 hits in on the tail he had Seath dead!!!:eek::(

Don't supppose anyone has the sword for trade?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Quick question that's not in the same league as a lot of this discussion... I've just killed the Gargoyles and the Titanite fellow below the Smithy and want to know my best way forward now, is it straight into the garden and downwards or some other way?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

I finally got my hands on the copy I pre-ordered around July sometime (Zavvi, don't ask:rolleyes:)!! Needless to say I'm looking forward to actually playing the game after reading so much (probably too much) about it on here.

I heard about a patch making it a bit easier, has this been released yet? If so I might just play offline for awhile.

onto the gardens! try not to get chewed on too much by the shrubs :)

Noffles wrote: »
    Quick question that's not in the same league as a lot of this discussion... I've just killed the Gargoyles and the Titanite fellow below the Smithy and want to know my best way forward now, is it straight into the garden and downwards or some other way?

Cheers
    Have you been to the Depths? I'd recommend you go there next as the enemies in the Darkroot Garden / Basin are quite tough.

If you go back to the bridge with the dragon on it and cross back to where you emerged after the Taurus Demon fight. The door there leads you down under the Undead Burg (you should have the key for it now) and you will eventually come across the Depths and Blighttown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Cheers

did you ring the bell after defeating the gargoyles if not do so its in the tower where u fought them, the second bell must be rang next. Head to undead burg and face the capra demon to get the key to the depths, then onto blighttown and the swamp to ring the second bell. Its a hard path ahead, make sure you get some moss to cure poison and get a purging stone incase the big eyed frogs curse you ( halves your health ).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

tonydude wrote: »

Cheers

did you ring the bell after defeating the gargoyles if not do so its in the tower where u fought them, the second bell must be rang next. Head to undead burg and face the capra demon to get the key to the depths, then onto blighttown and the swamp to ring the second bell. Its a hard path ahead, make sure you get some moss to cure poison and get a purging stone incase the big eyed frogs curse you ( halves your health ).

Yep, I rang the bell so all that's done.. ok so its Capra demon next then, thanks for the tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

ya, then there is a door that unlocks that is down the steps on your right before the entrance to the capra demon.

he can be hard enough. try to run up the stairs on your left as quick as possible, and take out the dogs.

summoning is always handy if you are stuck, can always farm the rats under the dragon on the bridge for humanity

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

penev10 wrote: »
    I made several practice runs at Seath as a phantom last night to ensure I knew how to get the tail / Moonlight sword. On my own attempt I ended up summoning some uber-dude (I'm SL63 but this guy was way over that, my estus flask +3 barely upped his health bar!) and before I got 3 hits in on the tail he had Seath dead!!!:eek::(
    Don't supppose anyone has the sword for trade?
    Im in new game plus , I can get it for you if you like im level 100 though , I need precilas tail weapon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Kirby wrote: »
    Im considering using two of them on my ng+ run. They add so much that together would be cool. The only drawback is at the end of the game I would have to break one for the Abyss ring. That would kind of suck :p

Cant equip 2 of the same type ring :(

tonydude wrote: »
    Im in new game plus , I can get it for you if you like im level 100 though , I need precilas tail weapon
    Dont have that dagger unfortunately (didn't realise she had a tail til I read the guide after fighting her!)

If you get the sword let me know and I'll see what level I'm at, haven't been levelling for a while as I was saving my souls for Logan's spells but will be increasing my INT for the foreseeable future. I could give you one of the Sifs Soul weapons? My psn is penev10

• Registered Users Posts: 26,223 ✭✭✭✭noodler

penev10 wrote: »
    Dont have that dagger unfortunately (didn't realise she had a tail til I read the guide after fighting her!)

If you get the sword let me know and I'll see what level I'm at, haven't been levelling for a while as I was saving my souls for Logan's spells but will be increasing my INT for the foreseeable future. I could give you one of the Sifs Soul weapons? My psn is penev10

Aren;t you guys going on the assumption you find each other?

Aren;t you guys going on the assumption you find each other?
    Yeah :o It's not impossible but might require singing in and out of PSN a few times til you get the right server. Also a summon sign in an obscure place would help. There are droves of people doing it on other sites so I'm sure it's doable.

How do you trade things?

I'm on the final boss but I'm finding it tough to finish because Of battlefield and COD online!

Not sure if i need to be a higher soul level or not for him as I got him down to roughly half health the last time. I'm soul level 81. Does that sound low?

If so where should I farm or get summoned to help people and get more souls?

• Advertisement

think I was 78 when I killed the final boss - he's tough alright though :o

Advertisement