Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

noodler wrote: »
    Hah, if it takes 3 playthroughs then I am never gonna get it!

EDIT: By the way, 2nd time around - is it much harder to get summoned? Or to invade?

Its not that hard in terms of play im level 124 at the moment, but yes its hard to be summoned or summon others, invading is still manageable though

• Registered Users Posts: 26,270 ✭✭✭✭noodler

tonydude wrote: »
    Its not that hard in terms of play im level 124 at the moment, but yes its hard to be summoned or summon others, invading is still manageable though

I think I will ease up on the levelling up for a while as I am approaching 70 now.

Did you slaughter all the NPCs before you finished each playthrough to get their stuff?

Gonna beat 4 kings tomorrow but I can't remember if I have iron flesh or not...no pyros left to get it off.

noodler wrote: »
    I think I will ease up on the levelling up for a while as I am approaching 70 now.

Did you slaughter all the NPCs before you finished each playthrough to get their stuff?

Gonna beat 4 kings tomorrow but I can't remember if I have iron flesh or not...no pyros left to get it off.

No killed no one, by playing there events they'll die anyway and you get more off them. Got invaded there, they've a dirty tactic now of backstabbing and instantly keep flaming you. Ive massive health now so the backstabs only take a quarter of my health

No killed no one, by playing there events they'll die anyway and you get more off them. Got invaded there, they've a dirty tactic now of backstabbing and instantly keep flaming you. Ive massive health now so the backstabs only take a quarter of my health

In one -on-one battle I have yet to succeed, saying that there haven't been many. I forced someguy off a cliff in Painted World (best level by a mile for me so far).....and I kiled another guy who invaded while I was in another world helping someone (that was crap cos he invaded after I was summoned so got nothing for it).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I'm curious to see what melee damage other people are managing to get from scaling etc. If you have a fully upgraded weapon post the stats.

I have an Enchanted Claymore +5 which is one of the few weapons that has A scaling with INT. I'm getting 515 total damage from it with 50 INT which equates to 141 damage due to scaling.

According to the guide a fully upgraded Lightning Claymore would give 571 and a Fire Claymore +10 would give 576 (totally pi$$ing all over the scalling weapons as usual)

The highest damage I can find is a Fire Greataxe+10 at 784!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,888 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

A bit late to the party with this one. So far it's my game of the year by a long shot. Beat the Capra Demon and Gaping Dragon last night and have loads of options on where to go, can't wait to get exploring. Only managed to be summoned once and summoned 2 people last night and got invaded. I think I'm just late to the party and well behind everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

penev10 wrote: »
    I'm curious to see what melee damage other people are managing to get from scaling etc. If you have a fully upgraded weapon post the stats.

I have an Enchanted Claymore +5 which is one of the few weapons that has A scaling with INT. I'm getting 515 total damage from it with 50 INT which equates to 141 damage due to scaling.

According to the guide a fully upgraded Lightning Claymore would give 571 and a Fire Claymore +10 would give 576 (totally pi$$ing all over the scalling weapons as usual)

The highest damage I can find is a Fire Greataxe+10 at 784!

I was getting similiar DMG to you with an A scaling Occult GreatScythe +5 with about 45 FAI. All the stats in the game stop scaling so well past 40, so its probably better to invest some of those points into VIT and END if they arnt already 40, unless you are going for some spell that requires 50 INT/FAI. I really do hope they fix scaling in the patch. If you put 50 points into INTO and make an INT scaling weapon you really really should be doing alot more DMG than a Lightning weapon that requires no stats for scaling at all :mad:

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    A bit late to the party with this one. So far it's my game of the year by a long shot. Beat the Capra Demon and Gaping Dragon last night and have loads of options on where to go, can't wait to get exploring. Only managed to be summoned once and summoned 2 people last night and got invaded. I think I'm just late to the party and well behind everyone else.

Alittle late i suppose, but the game will be no less enjoyable! :D This topic was kicking after the release of the game, but its seems alot of people have moved on to Skyrim (myself included) But i plan to get back into Dark Souls and start a new character once the patch is released. Also the patch will increase the amount of summon signs that are visible in worlds so i reckon you wont be waiting about 20minutes to be summoned like i have before.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Gaping Dragon is a good spot to be summoned (at the bonfire just before, the one at the "hall of slimes"). Maybe you're too low/high a level to get summoned? Keep re-laying your summon sign if you aren't summoned within a couple of minutes as it changes server everytime and the servers aren't well balanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭SK1979

I feel a bit dirty asking this but is anywhere still giving a decent trade in for dark souls against either skyrim or Zelda? I've put nearly 80 hours in but haven't got the heart to continue in ng+ at the moment. Bit broke so would fancy trading while still relatively new against either of those games.

If anyone knows a good offer for either post up.

Cheers.

All the stats in the game stop scaling so well past 40
    For B scaling and below yeah (which unfortunatley most wepons are :() A scaling seems to be good into the 40s and S class scaling comes into it's own at 45+

For instance Logan's Catalyst (S) only overtakes the Sorcerer's Catalyst (A) at 48 INT

• Advertisement

After reaching level 126 and playing the game for 140 hours, ive finally unlocked the platinum trophy :D

After reaching level 126 and playing the game for 140 hours, ive finally unlocked the platinum trophy :D
    Congrats! I've never bothered with getting a platinum before but I might just do it for this game.

140 hours seems quite good too. I've amassed 90hours and I'm only at the last boss in NG! Spent alot of time messing about though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

What happened to your plat. day?
    Thought you would've kept last trophy for then.

F1ngers wrote: »
    What happened to your plat. day?
    Thought you would've kept last trophy for then.
    Lol thought about it but didnt want to risk it my harddrive got corrupted on my third play through of demon souls . Glad to have it finished. Please dont mention that plat unlock day feel like a tard . :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,087 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

in the giants , got to the bonfire after somehow getting past 2 x giant skelton and archer in the dark. i have 1 humanity left, where can i summon or where to go in general. i am powerful enough to progress on my own i think

2smiggy wrote: »
    in the giants , got to the bonfire after somehow getting past 2 x giant skelton and archer in the dark. i have 1 humanity left, where can i summon or where to go in general. i am powerful enough to progress on my own i think

There is a ladder to climb near that bonfire. After climbing it go left and you should see a Prism Stone on the ground with a guy infront of it. That stone indicates there is a safe drop there. Drop down and loot an item from one of the bodies that will make your life sooooooooooo much easier in the tombs...

ya he kicked me down, but i killed him after he trying to reason with me !! the skull lantern makes life easier :eek: , still a bit lost though. which direction do i head from the bonfire

ya he kicked me down, but i killed him after he trying to reason with me !! the skull lantern makes life easier :eek: , still a bit lost though. which direction do i head from the bonfire

If you light up the lantern you will see blue mark on the walls which will lead you to the final area boss. But ofcourse there is other areas with extra loot and such...

Finally joined Dark Blades in Andor Londo today to get the Blur Eye Orb (though my first attempts at using it failed). Also finally had enough MP play or Faith to join the Sunshine Convenant.

I still have a fire weapon trophy to get, anyone any ideas for a good fire weapon? I already maxed out like this

Halbred +15
    Divine Falchion +10
    Enchanted Falchion +5 (I do love the Falchion but I wouldn't have upgraded the Divine one if I knew you found an enchanted one)
    Raw Battle Axe +5
    Lightning Spear +5

Killed Nito the other day, spent about 90 minutes tonight farming humanity at the baby skeltons whilst simultaneously helping people beat Nito. So many people don't realise to kill the Skeletons with divine weapons.... This is where summoning is a good idea - where you can drop the sign to be summoned and still have something worthwhile to do in the area.

Demon Ruins next I guess.

i hate them skeleton dogs ! especially having to hold the light in one hand

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,888 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

i hate them skeleton dogs ! especially having to hold the light in one hand

I'm just there as well. They are doing my head in. Had to take a break from the game because of them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

If you use the cast light spell you don't have hold the lantern. If you have it the skeletons are easy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

if you go to the demon ruins first you pick up a shiney magot helmet thing and you can have both hands free

I personally don't think you should attempt the Tomb of Giants unless you have the light spell.

If my memory serves me, if you have beaten the Hydra at Darkroot Basin then you can get it anytime.

No idea how people coped in the Tombs without Cast Light! I had it 100% of the time and still got lost!

Have started the game again with a Knight. Big difference to playign with a magic based character. Completely murdered the Gargoyles and Capra Demon with the Drake Sword after struggling on them for ages with my other character.

i probably have the light spell, just have not realized !

got my first taste of ng plus, summoned in anor londo, lad told me to take it handy as he was ng+ , tough going but not impossible, made it to boss from start. but i was killed so fast even with my havel suit on :eek:

nito is sleeping with the fishes !!

now new londo , where i have got badly lost a good few times, and the only death was falling off ledges !

killed nito and seath, i presume new londo is the only place to go ?

level 88 , don't think i will level up much more, got summoned to ng ++ there. don't want to be by myself if i go ng + !

killed nito and seath, i presume new londo is the only place to go ?
    Have you done Demons Ruins and Lost Izalith? The latter has one of the souls you need for the Lordvessel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Yo guys, any word on the patch yet or is there a date set for release? Have been completely out of the loop with all things Dark Souls since Skyrim came out!! :(

Have a new build planned and ready to go just need that patch!!

Advertisement