Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Spunge wrote: »
    I thought the blue eye orb announces that youve invaded

I read somewhere (in game maybe) that it doesnt announce that someone has invaded you, but it actually does. Saw it on a stream, Darkmoon phantoms are blue where as Darkwraith phantoms are red...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

I read somewhere (in game maybe) that it doesnt announce that someone has invaded you, but it actually does. Saw it on a stream, Darkmoon phantoms are blue where as Darkwraith phantoms are red...

If you invade as a dark spirit it doesnt announce it but if you invade as a spirit of vengenance then yes the person will be alerted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

where can i find the buterfly, i already passed the wolf, and now got to a bonfire before the lad with all the heads in the lake (hydra ?)

just cant seem to find her ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,223 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Where the Hydra is, go back to the huge canyon and work your way up it and when you get to the top move deeper into the forrest.

Or, from the first blacksmith, go out the door beside him and you will enter the big forrest that way. If you explore that forrest you will find it.

MW3 just arrived by courier, so darks souls might have to take a back seat for a few hours !!

• Advertisement

back to Dark Souls !!

what best to do with the butterfly and sif's soul ?

i hear the crystal shield is good , what about sifs soul ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Sif souls is great. You have a choice of Artorias sword, Cursed artorias sword, or the Greatshield of Artorias. I chose the shield. It has 88 stability. You can block everything :D. I think it needs 34 str though.

2smiggy wrote: »
    back to Dark Souls !!

use the butterfly soul to get the crystal ring then upgrade it with demon titanite, it'll destroy anything and everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Razleavy

Just don't forget that when the patch hits the crystal ring shield will be weak. Looks like we might not get 1.04 and will just be given 1.05. That could take ages though so you could get some use out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

2smiggy wrote: »
    back to Dark Souls !!

Don't bother with the Butterfly horn, it's pants.

The swords for Sifs soul require you to have balanced stats like 20 in STR, DEX, INT and FAI which would ruin most builds if you altered your stats to use it.

• Advertisement

got the crystal ring shield, very powerful, but you can take damage so not really using it. still messing around being summoned in anor londo. them dam knights with the throwing spears can be bastards though , no matter how many times i face them

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Razleavy

Poison arrows are brilliant for those dragonslayer bow knights. Always a good idea to keep a few hundred of them on you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The old 'run-past-them-with-your-shield-up-and-hope-the-guy-on-the-ledge-falls-off-when-you-get-there' approach worked for me.

I upgraded my Eagle Shield to +13 last night but now I am wondering if I would be better off downgrading to +10 and ascending it?

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Wossack

probably cheaper at that stage to upgrade another shield to +10 for ascension. Shards are a bit easier to gather then chunks

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭OldManJenkin

I'm Darkwraith Covenant+1 and does anyone know if I leave the covenant and join it again will I still be have/ be able to use the Red Eye Orb which I payed 10 humanity to get?

I'm Darkwraith Covenant+1 and does anyone know if I leave the covenant and join it again will I still be have/ be able to use the Red Eye Orb which I payed 10 humanity to get?

You can only use it while in the covenant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

noodler wrote: »
    I upgraded my Eagle Shield to +13 last night but now I am wondering if I would be better off downgrading to +10 and ascending it?

Any thoughts?
    Only worth ascending to Lightning if you do alot of bashing with it. Otherwise the drop in stabilty isn't worth it.

Badly need some 4 kings help.

Kept hearing about how easy they were but I can hardly make a dent in the first one before I get one hit-ed.

Is it worth using a purely magic shield?

Thats all I have, a pure physical or pure magic, no compromise.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

How's your INT? If it's in the 20s, you can sort yourself out with crystal homing soulmass from Big Hat Logan in the 'treasure room' in the Duke's Archive. It's expensive enough, but it makes the Four Kings an absolute cake walk as you can easily wipe out the first ones with one or two castings. That with crystal ring shield should get you through no bother!

Apologies if you're not a caster build, but they'll give you no trouble with that strategy!

• Advertisement

I am one intelligence stat short of being able to use Soul Mass but never tried to use it.

I got the Crystal Ring Shield earlier but I assume if I get to close that will not be able to block physical attacks. Hmmm..

Halbred +15 only doing about 175 damage

You shouldn't take too much damage if you try and blitz them as quickly as possible. It's vital to wipe the first two out before they gang up on you. Learn the pattern, and you'll be able to get a hit or two in with the shield no bother. Sometimes it's better just to take the hit from their homing spell, though, as it's not worth the hassle of trying to outrun it. Anything else should be easily blockable.

The basic Soul Mass spell is apparently around a third of the strength of the crystal equivalent, so it won't be as handy. I honestly can't say enough good things about the crystal one though, it proved indispensable for the last few bosses.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Badly need some 4 kings help.

Kept hearing about how easy they were but I can hardly make a dent in the first one before I get one hit-ed.

Is it worth using a purely magic shield?

Thats all I have, a pure physical or pure magic, no compromise.

I found him tough too. My advise is to Kindle the last bonfire you were at at least 2 times so that you have 15 flasks. Don't bother with a shield, 2 handed all the way and go straight for him. The quicker you kill one the less there are.

Thats what i did and i got it after really struggling, even with help. At the end I did it by myself.

You could also apply some electricity to the weapon to increase the damage.

If that is't any good, i could give you hand. i think i'm level 74, not sure if thats 2 high

tok9 wrote: »
    I found him tough too. My advise is to Kindle the last bonfire you were at at least 2 times so that you have 15 flasks. Don't bother with a shield, 2 handed all the way and go straight for him. The quicker you kill one the less there are.

Thats what i did and i got it after really struggling, even with help. At the end I did it by myself.

You could also apply some electricity to the weapon to increase the damage.

If that is't any good, i could give you hand. i think i'm level 74, not sure if thats 2 high

I am only level 58 so not within 10 soul levels, would it work?

I would actually like your help though.

I just realised the Crystal Ring Shield has that sweet attack....does anyone know whaty kind of attack it is? Sorcery or physical? Can I boost it by wearing a certain ring?

Next strat, I am going to cast that fire within Pyro, maybe try my Demons Spear +5 in two hands and the crystal shield.

Everywhere online says I need good poise for the fight so I had to make the decision to equip the Wolf Ring.....but cos the other slot is already full with the Abyss Ring...I had to take off (and break) my ring of good fortune and favour I had been wearing the whole game.

Jesus, its crippled me! My HP has gone down 15-20%, I am overburdend and my stamina has also fallen.

EDIT: I guess a vitality of 15 is kinda low.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

4 King is basically about putting out as much damage as you possibly can without worrying about taking it. You need to 100% focus on your dps output.

2 hand your strongest weapon, use your biggest damage spells that have short cast times and throw in a smack of the crystal ring shield etc.

Only heal between each king, your goal is to burn each one down before the next spawns basically!! That also means getting up close as fast as possible, be looking for the next spawn as soon as one is down and sprint to them quickly as they are on a timer for spawns.

Poise is important to allow you to swing while taking damage but dont go overly nuts on it, 80 or so is enough stay light so you can spring to each king!!

Big Knox wrote: »
    4 King is basically about putting out as much damage as you possibly can without worrying about taking it. You need to 100% focus on your dps output.

2 hand your strongest weapon, use your biggest damage spells that have short cast times and throw in a smack of the crystal ring shield etc.

Only heal between each king, your goal is to burn each one down before the next spawns basically!! That also means getting up close as fast as possible, be looking for the next spawn as soon as one is down and sprint to them quickly as they are on a timer for spawns.

Poise is important to allow you to swing while taking damage but dont go overly nuts on it, 80 or so is enough stay light so you can spring to each king!!

80? My poise is currently zero without the ring!

I am only level 58 so not within 10 soul levels, would it work?

I would actually like your help though.

I just realised the Crystal Ring Shield has that sweet attack....does anyone know whaty kind of attack it is? Sorcery or physical? Can I boost it by wearing a certain ring?

Next strat, I am going to cast that fire within Pyro, maybe try my Demons Spear +5 in two hands and the crystal shield.

Any chance you can do something else first? Any other bosses to beat? Try and improve your soul level another 8 - 10 and put a good bit into vitality. I'd say my vitality is at least 26 anyway.

Whats your PSN?

Also what big knox said is important, make sure your wearing decent armour so that you can keep hitting him when he hits you

tok9 wrote: »
    Any chance you can do something else first? Any other bosses to beat? Try and improve your soul level another 8 - 10 and put a good bit into vitality. I'd say my vitality is at least 26 anyway.

Whats your PSN?

Also what big knox said is important, make sure your wearing decent armour so that you can keep hitting him when he hits you

Yeah but I think the Ring of Fortune/Favour was keeping me about 3 or 4 souls levels higher in Endurance and Vitality before it broke.

Went up 4 or 5 levels there anyway, pumped them into Vit and End.

PSN is SaulTigh by the way.

• Advertisement

Ok good stuff, i see your already on my friends list too. Let me know if you need a hand. Not sure how the online works but you'll prob have to gain a few more levels first

Advertisement