Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Yeah I'm at the first bonfire I guess. The one near the giant slug. I'll try go back so. The way back may be just as hard but I'm getting too frustrated about going forward so worth a try. It was heartbreaking when "Weapon at Risk" popped up.

The exact same thing happened to me on my play through. Definitely buy the repair box off the first merchant you meet or the Blacksmith.

Unfortunately, the only thing you can do is travel back the way you came (like i did cause i couldn't find the 2nd bonfire at the time :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭gammon_steak

Thanks for the advice. It's back up I go so :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Razleavy wrote: »

Whoa all those SS! Glorious! I just wish they would hurry and release it in the Western countries, namely Ireland! I have been put playing a new char on hold for the patch but im itching to get back into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Down with the patch! I just killed Nito with 3 shots of Crystal Homing Soulmass whilst almost untouchable with Iron Body :D

Nah serioulsy, some nerfing needs to be done! (One-shotted Pinwheel ffs!)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

right,

i'm in the catacombs, just outside the coffin , is it worth joining the Gravelord Servant covenant ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,178 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

penev10 wrote: »
    Down with the patch! I just killed Nito with 3 shots of Crystal Homing Soulmass whilst almost untouchable with Iron Body :D

Nah serioulsy, some nerfing needs to be done! (One-shotted Pinwheel ffs!)

Yeah CHS is just insane. Think I did the same with Nito. Greater Magic Shield is another one whose nerfing is going to be a shame - gives you a few seconds of invincibility :pac:

also got the seance (spelling :pac: ) ring down here, i can join the other covenant down stairs in anor londo, which is more fun !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I just got this, but having a bit of trouble getting my PS3 online currently. Is it worth playing now unpatched and offline?

danthefan wrote: »
    I just got this, but having a bit of trouble getting my PS3 online currently. Is it worth playing now unpatched and offline?

no trouble at all. you can still summon a few NPC's for the first few boss battles (like the gargoyles) but it gets so much better online. great fun helping people with levels and also summoning players to levels you are stuck on.

it can be hard at the start, but stick with it as when you better weapons and stats it becomes alot easier. i had huge problems on the gargoyles, but most bosses since then have been much easier if you take time to level up, get a few spells and upgrade a few weapons

BTW if you pick the pyro class with the master key it helps !!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Was lost but now am found, loving this game!
    Batman has had to take a back seat til I get through it.
    Still early days, about to tackle the big Knight in the Cathedral in the Undead Parish.
    Lovely stuff.
    Those undead Knights are such pussys!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Was lost but now am found, loving this game!
    Batman has had to take a back seat til I get through it.
    Still early days, about to tackle the big Knight in the Cathedral in the Undead Parish.
    Lovely stuff.
    Those undead Knights are such pussys!

it is indeed the best game i have played in a long long time. just keep moving to your right, he will miss his swing, 2 hand your weapon and let rip :cool:

Was fighting the 4 Kings earlier. The first one went down easy enough then I got stuck on the second one with his purple magic thing and King 3 appears!:eek: I had just dispatched King 2 when King 4 starts coming..... no here's the weird bit - I was on low health and freaking out as I couldn't get a chance to heal after I killed King 3 and up pops You Defeated! I'm sure I only killed 3!

Also, why would you want to warp to the Abyss? I went back to have a look but it was there was nothing there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

2smiggy wrote: »
    no trouble at all. you can still summon a few NPC's for the first few boss battles (like the gargoyles) but it gets so much better online. great fun helping people with levels and also summoning players to levels you are stuck on.

it can be hard at the start, but stick with it as when you better weapons and stats it becomes alot easier. i had huge problems on the gargoyles, but most bosses since then have been much easier if you take time to level up, get a few spells and upgrade a few weapons

I played through Demon's Souls so I know what to expect, cheers. Just wanted to know just how important the online was.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,178 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Also, why would you want to warp to the Abyss? I went back to have a look but it was there was nothing there.

Well it has to be a warp point just so you can get out of there. Most of the late game bosses have warp points as they are at dead ends.

Also, I suppose it could be considered insurance if you're an idiot and decide to drop all your valuable items there for safe keeping or some nonsense :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Was fighting the 4 Kings earlier. The first one went down easy enough then I got stuck on the second one with his purple magic thing and King 3 appears!:eek: I had just dispatched King 2 when King 4 starts coming..... no here's the weird bit - I was on low health and freaking out as I couldn't get a chance to heal after I killed King 3 and up pops You Defeated! I'm sure I only killed 3!

Im pretty sure on my first playthrough i actually killed 5 kings. They all share a health bar, no idea how it works. As for the warp, the Darkwraith Covenant is there. Warps that you would think, why the feck would i warp here are most likely Covenants

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Whoa all those SS! Glorious! I just wish they would hurry and release it in the Western countries, namely Ireland! I have been put playing a new char on hold for the patch but im itching to get back into it.

Have been waiting to do the exact same thing but i'm in trouble, i'm in over my head with Skyrim and I don't think I'll be able to get out for a long long time!!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 26,273 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Just stopping in to say :

**** YOU Seath! I have your tail!!!!!!

He's easy once you do.

Now do I attemot 4 kings again (who I still can't seem to hurt) or go to Tomb of Giants....

just after seath, i still have new londo to go through (as well as tomb of the giants ) is there plenty of transient curse pick ups down there.

on another note, i summoned a lad, i gave him 3 twinkling titaniates , he gave me 2 boss souls, , and asked after where i got my fancy sword (fury sword) he had given me quadhags soul lol. i managed to meet up with him again to give it back to him. if you keep putting down your summon stone every 30 secs easy enough to meet again, took about 5 min !!

2smiggy wrote: »
    just after seath, i still have new londo to go through (as well as tomb of the giants ) is there plenty of transient curse pick ups down there.

on another note, i summoned a lad, i gave him 3 twinkling titaniates , he gave me 2 boss souls, , and asked after where i got my fancy sword (fury sword) he had given me quadhags soul lol. i managed to meet up with him again to give it back to him. if you keep putting down your summon stone every 30 secs easy enough to meet again, took about 5 min !!

How did you tell each other what you wanted?

I can see myself getting all trophies except the all rare weapons one.

• Advertisement

Bed of Chaos :eek: Only just got to play him the once last night but seems really tough.
    Managed to destroy one of the orange pods but then the floor caved in and I was easily swept in by his branches :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Bed of Chaos :eek: Only just got to play him the once last night but seems really tough.
    Managed to destroy one of the orange pods but then the floor caved in and I was easily swept in by his branches :mad:

Wait till you see what he actually looks like :D , just sliced him up im my NG+

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

really iritating boss that... took me alot of attempts :(

tonydude wrote: »
    Wait till you see what he actually looks like :D , just sliced him up im my NG+
    Wossack wrote: »
    really iritating boss that... took me alot of attempts :(
    Shall get the Strong Magic Shield out so!

Haven't found any of the later bosses much hassle bar Ceaseless Discharge (can't really hit him with magic) and had to resort to SMS to get me out of a hole.

Starting NG++ now, getting tired of it now. Have battlefield, MW3, dead island and skyrim collecting dust by my tele :eek:

Starting NG++ now, getting tired of it now.
    Could always create a new build? I'm going to go for a strength/faith build next after my adventures with sorcery are finished. If that's not floating my boat I'll opt for a DEX ninja build!:D

Always good to have several builds and levels for PVP.

noodler wrote: »
    How did you tell each other what you wanted?

I can see myself getting all trophies except the all rare weapons one.

just through sending messages, i was not bothered but he helped me to get to the boss (seath) so i gladly gave him what he wanted !!

Starting NG++ now, getting tired of it now. Have battlefield, MW3, dead island and skyrim collecting dust by my tele :eek:

Platinum yet?

noodler wrote: »
    Platinum yet?

:D 97% must just go to Anor Londo to get the giant Blacksmith make my last 2 rare weapons.

• Advertisement

:D 97% must just go to Anor Londo to get the giant Blacksmith make my last 2 rare weapons.

Hah, if it takes 3 playthroughs then I am never gonna get it!

EDIT: By the way, 2nd time around - is it much harder to get summoned? Or to invade?

Advertisement