Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania 27 pre show thread. Will contain Royal Rumble and EC Spoilers etc

Options
  • 31-01-2011 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

All Pre show musings here please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/WWE/article10016497.shtml
    WWE star Rey Mysterio is working through a rotator cuff injury. The problem occurred during the most recent overseas tour, and WWE officials have been trying to limit his in-ring work to television and pay-per-view or by having him in tag matches when he does work non-televised matches.
    In related news, Mysterio handpicked Cody Rhodes to work his current program with. The current plans call for the duo to have a match together at WrestleMania 27. Creative plans can and often do change, but that is what they are currently working toward.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Did Kelly Kelly's interference last night mean that they are looking towards a Kelly/McIntyre V Vickie/Ziggler match at WM? Would be a bit of a step down for Ziggler after his recent feud with the Champion Edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,972 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

My Wrestlemania Main Event Ideas

Del Rio vs Edge (The Most Possible)
    Del Rio vs Rey (Rey would win the title at EC but since hes injured might not happen).
    Del Rio vs The Miz
    Del Rio vs Randy Orton
    Del Rio vs Wade Barret

Your Opinions ???

Hopefully they wont make Del Rio cash in his opportunity eariler than Wrestlemania

PTH2009 wrote: »
    My Wrestlemania Main Event Ideas

Del Rio vs Edge (The Most Possible)
    Del Rio vs Rey (Rey would win the title at EC but since hes injured might not happen).
    Del Rio vs The Miz
    Del Rio vs Randy Orton
    Del Rio vs Wade Barret

Your Opinions ???

Hopefully they wont make Del Rio cash in his opportunity eariler than Wrestlemania

Del Rio V Edge V Christian (if he is back) in some form for the WHC title

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Happy that my Punk/Orton and Cena/Miz predictions look like happening (although not happy that I lost Internet connection and couldn't post in the predictions thread or actually watch the Rumble live. Damn you Eircom :pac:)

Anyway, I mentioned it in another thread, but what are the odds that Christian returns before Mania and plays a role in a possible Edge/Del Rio match. Maybe turns on Edge and hands Del Rio the title?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

I'd kinda like it if Dashing's disfigurement was all in his mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Ridley wrote: »
    I'd kinda like it if Dashing's disfigurement was all in his mind.

Nah. Him kicking the **** out of people wearing a mask would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

Nah. Him kicking the **** out of people wearing a mask would be great.

He can do both. ;)

Happy that my Punk/Orton and Cena/Miz predictions look like happening (although not happy that I lost Internet connection and couldn't post in the predictions thread or actually watch the Rumble live. Damn you Eircom :pac:)

Anyway, I mentioned it in another thread, but what are the odds that Christian returns before Mania and plays a role in a possible Edge/Del Rio match. Maybe turns on Edge and hands Del Rio the title?

I wouldnt mind seeing Christian challenge Del Rio for his WM world title match at EC if he was back

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

So we most likely have Cena/Miz, Orton/Punk, Del Rio/Edge, Mysterio/Cody, probably HHH/Sheamus if HHH bothers to come back and maybe Big Show/Nash if that leads to anything. Not a bad card. No MITB should make WWE put at least a little thought into the undercard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Hopefully they won't be doing Cena vs Orton now. I would have liked to have seen it three years ago but not now.

I'd be surprised if Del Rio vs Edge is a one-on-one match. I can see someone else being added to this. Maybe Rey. Everything else seems fairly easy to predict. Hopefully they can build it well as at the moment I'm a bit underwhelmed by the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

very intrigued by the idea of adding christian to a edge v del rio feud.they could give christian an angle as the veteran who's bitter over the chances that del rio has been given

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I wonder if Bryan will get a singles bout at mania?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Kofi vs Bryan would be great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I don't think Christian is going to be getting world title shots anytime soon, nevermind at Mania. That ship has sailed.

flahavaj wrote: »
    I don't think Christian is going to be getting world title shots anytime soon, nevermind at Mania. That ship has sailed.

I think my idea of him being in Edge's corner is more likely. The Slammys have been a starter for many Mania matches in the past and Christian did refer to him during E&C's spot. I think even that is pretty optimistic for Christian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Alex Kidd

Can see Christian, Kofi and Bryan all being in the MITB match.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

What about Kofi vs Christian vs Swagger or something for the IC title ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

atm it looks like they are building to something like this pending Celeb involvement and who knows what the Divas will be doing in two months time

CM Punk vs Randy Orton
    The Miz vs John Cena
    Alberto Del Rio vs Edge ( vs Christian?)
    HHH vs Sheamus
    The Undertaker & The Big Show vs The Corre
    Cody Rhodes vs Rey Mysterio
    MITB match: John Morrison def/ Kofi, Drew, Dolph, Booker T, Kane, D.Bryan,
    eliminatipn match: Eve, Laycool, Awesome Kong, Gail Kim, Natalya, Beth, Melina, Kelly Kelly, Vicky Guerrero

Source
    WrestleZone has exclusively learned that WWE plans on giving Jerry Lawler his wish, and "The King" will get to wrestle at WrestleMania.
    The plans, which are considered "top secret" at the moment, are for Lawler to be involved in some sort of gimmick or handicap match involving Michael Cole.
    WWE Chairman Vince McMahon feels they have invested so much time and air time into Michael Cole's heel persona, they need to get (and we quote) "some sort of payoff or resolution to the investment."
    According to a key insider in WWE, Lawler and Cole will end up "in some sort of situation where they blow off Cole's heel run on the biggest show of the year."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭sliotor

atm it looks like they are building to something like this pending Celeb involvement and who knows what the Divas will be doing in two months time

CM Punk vs Randy Orton
    The Miz vs John Cena
    Alberto Del Rio vs Edge ( vs Christian?)
    HHH vs Sheamus
    The Undertaker & The Big Show vs The Corre
    Cody Rhodes vs Rey Mysterio
    MITB match: John Morrison def/ Kofi, Drew, Dolph, Booker T, Kane, D.Bryan,
    eliminatipn match: Eve, Laycool, Awesome Kong, Gail Kim, Natalya, Beth, Melina, Kelly Kelly, Vicky Guerrero
    Are they going to have a MITB match because I heard somewhere a few months back that they were going to scrap it because they have a ppv for it. Not saying they wont just wondering

I'd be surprised if they have a MITB match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

does anyone actually want to see miz as champion going into mania - let me guess he will drop it to cena then - i'd nearly prefer cena v orton again or better cena v orton v punk for the title

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

does anyone actually want to see miz as champion going into mania - let me guess he will drop it to cena then - i'd nearly prefer cena v orton again or better cena v orton v punk for the title

strangely there arent that many i do want to see with the title atm so The Miz is alright in my book. I mean:

Sheamus: Doesent need it atm imo he's the KOTR and has HHH on the horizon

Cena: He has been more interesting than normal recently imo simply because he isnt always in the main event.

HHH: Hunter does not need the belt again, he like Cena above for the time being withe the youth movement etc is probably better suited to undercard trying to promote newer talent i.e Sheamus.

Punk: Okay Punk is the one exception imo and I had hoped he would have a bigger mania match than non title vs Orton (most likely atm) but I think he's replaced Jericho as the all round who fills the holes WWE need filled and does it so well that it's still one of the better angles/matches.

Morrison: When he learns how to use a Mic in any form at all I think he will get a run as a champion but not during the road to WM.

Orton: Randy kinda bores me these days but he is better chasing the title than holding it and he has been too involved in the title hunt already recently imo.

The Miz: might not be top choice, but he is a symbol of the youth movement, he's the tough enough (premiers after WM) champion, the hated heel, and most likely the best buddy of the GM in the form of Michael Cole, so I guess I can live with him as champ right now even if id prefer Punk.

Anyone think The Miz could go over Cena at WM? I wouldent expect it though a lot could depend on the GM angle i guess and how much thats used to push Miz.

Having a punch up with a guy who is in the WWE title match at the next PPV doesn't seem like a burial to me. Ted could easily cost King the match at the PPV. Cue Mania match with Cole in Ted's corner and Maryse turning on Ted.

Going to quote this in here as it is more suited to this thread. Might make an interesting idea given the Maryse/Ted and Cole/Lawler angles.

Do you think SCSA could feature at this year's WM since he coming in as the host of the new Tough Enough and the contestants are to debut around WM time - maybe as a guest ref in some match

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

sliotor wrote: »
    Are they going to have a MITB match because I heard somewhere a few months back that they were going to scrap it because they have a ppv for it. Not saying they wont just wondering

I thought that the MITB ppv was canned after a poor buy rate last year?

At the moment it looks like the following 3 matches are nailed on:

Cena - Miz
    Punk - Orton
    Edge - del Rio (plus a 3rd guy?)

Rey - Cody looks probable

I'm not so sure that HHH will return before 'Mania, and even if he does it's looking less likely that he will face Sheamus, due to the patchy booking of Sheamus in recent months.

The rumoured Sting - Taker match would add a marquee match which is so far lacking from the card.

Some sort of Cole -King payoff looks likely also, although its still unclear exactly who/what that will involve.

After that you have a women's match and possibly a tag match given that Santino is pretty popular - maybe they lose to New Nexus or Corre in the next few weeks and get the belts back at WM.

That leaves guys like Barrett, Kofi, Bryan, Swagger, Kane, Show, Morrison, Dolph, Drew and maybe Sheamus with no clear plans at this stage. Most will probably be in MITB. Surely JoMo is the favourite to win that?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

As long as jerry got to go ape sh!t on cole and give him a beating like:

I would be so happy.

Im thinking SMACKDOWN
    Rey could end up winning the belt at EC. Leading to del rio v rey. With a possible appearance by Edge?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Barrington wrote: »
    Surely the main reason they'd be bringing in Sting, Nash and Booker T would be because Wrestlemania and the Hall of Fame are in Atlanta this year? It may not be a full WCW-themed HOF, especially with Shawn Michaels already having been announced, but bringing them into WWE for that period could really add to the Road to Wrestlemania. I'd say it'd be worth the money they pay for them. Particularly Sting.

I nabbed this from another thread because I think it's brilliant. If WWE are gonna do a WCW-thing; what if they just said feck it to the current storylines and did some WCW matches instead? Could that draw? Or better yet would it be any worse than their current lineup?

Personally i want to see Sting vs Taker. I can only imagine the amazing supernatural buildup. I'd imagine Booker and Nash would be faces; so have them face Barrett and Sheamus respectively?

Who would you book to face Sting, Booker and Nash at WM27?
    Sting vs ?
    Booker vs ?
    Nash vs ?

• Advertisement

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/matches/

World Heavyweight Champion Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio for the title seems to be set for WM already

Advertisement