Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

I hate the suicide gimmick on so many levels glad to hear daniels is back though

styles is better as a face anyways

as are
    beer money
    , i can see
    kazarian turning on them though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

shows that WWE are seeing TNA as a very serious threat, because they're having to sign wrestlers they probably dont even want, just becuase TNA has tried to sign them (Nash, Booker, Sting, etc)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

If Vince saw them as a threat they'd gut the company and do it cheaply. Most of TNA's stars have had unsuccessful try-outs for WWE. I can only imagine that signing Booker and Nash was just to fak with them though. If they wanted to kill of TNA they could move SmackDown to go head to head with Nitro iMPACT.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/item/2359-Preview-Thursday-s-TNA-iMPACT-On-Spike
    This Thursday, February 3 is going to be one of the biggest "iMPACT!" broadcasts in recent TNA history!

- According to Eric Bischoff, Hulk Hogan plans on regaining his power from TNA President Dixie Carter! What will happen this Thursday? What's next in their legal war?

- Plus, the TNA World Heavyweight Championship will be on the line as titleholder Mr. Anderson defends against former champ Jeff Hardy of Immortal!
    hardyanderson.jpg

- And THEY are coming??...but who this time?! We'll find out on Thursday night!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

The fact that WWE are bringing in Booker T, Nash & Sting now apparently is just to spite Tna.It also says a lot about wwe's inability to create new stars the last few years.I'm glad tna are pushing a younger group instead of the M.E.M its time enough that Tna leaves those washed up hacks behind none of them brought in new fans or larger ratings.

This may end up being a great blessing in disguise for TNA.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,457 ✭✭✭✭Penn

GTR63 wrote: »
    The fact that WWE are bringing in Booker T, Nash & Sting now apparently is just to spite Tna.It also says a lot about wwe's inability to create new stars the last few years.I'm glad tna are pushing a younger group instead of the M.E.M its time enough that Tna leaves those washed up hacks behind none of them brought in new fans or larger ratings.

Surely the main reason they'd be bringing in Sting, Nash and Booker T would be because Wrestlemania and the Hall of Fame are in Atlanta this year? It may not be a full WCW-themed HOF, especially with Shawn Michaels already having been announced, but bringing them into WWE for that period could really add to the Road to Wrestlemania. I'd say it'd be worth the money they pay for them. Particularly Sting.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Next weeks spoilers for Impact
    Credit: John Benoit & Pwinsider.com

I arrived late but did hear them mention something about Jeff and Karen Angle renewing their vows on the 3/3 episode of Impact.

They hold a contract signing for Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Jarrett for Against All Odds. Jarrett and Karen come out and cut a promo on Angle. Angle comes out but their is a row of security between the two parties. Before the contract signing, Jarrett adds a stipulation if Angle wins, he gets custody of The Angles' two children but if Jarrett wins, Kurt has to give Karen away to Jarrett at the wedding. Angle signs the contract and leaves.

*TNA Knockouts champ Madison Rayne & Tara & Sarita & Rosita (Divina Fly in her official TV debut) defeated The Beautiful People & Winter & Mickie James. Rayne and James went back and forth on the mic and Rayne said that after she beats James at the PPV, James might want to think about quitting and James reacted like she was.

*Kurt Angle comes into Fortune's locker room and says that he wishes he was the one who had a shot at Jeff Hardy and Jeff Jarrett tonight, so Robert Roode pulls himself out of a tag match and later its Angle and AJ Styles vs. Jeff Jarett and Jeff Hardy.

*TNA champ Ken Anderson defeated Matt Morgan. Jeff Hardy came out and watched the match from the top of a ladder. There was a ref bump and Hernandez returned, attacking Matt Morgan out of vengeance for what Morgan did to him months and months ago. That allowed Anderson to get the win but Hernandez then attacked him and laid him out, which set up Hardy hitting the swanton off the top of the ladder.

*Robbie E defeated Brian Kendrick and Suicide to qualify for the X-Division championship at Against All Odds.

*AJ Styles & Kurt Angle defeayed Jeff Jarrett & Jeff Hardy after Styles pinned Jarrett with a top rope elbow. The heels attack the winners and Hardy and Styles are laid out with The Stroke. This sets off a series of run-ins as Fortune hits the ring, followed by Immortal, then Rob Van Dam and finally Ken Anderson to run off Immportal.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,911 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Can some one please list the members of Fortune and also Immortal for me the more spoilers I read the more confused I get :confused:

Anyways Jarrett and Angle feud sure is personal

I hope at some stage Kaz turns on Styles so they have a proper feud

• Advertisement

Fortune:

Beer Money
    Kaz
    AJ
    Flari

Immortal:

Hogan
    Bischoff
    Abyss
    The Hardys
    Jarrett
    Rob Terry

Fortune:

Beer Money
    Kaz
    AJ
    Flair

Immortal:

Hogan
    Bischoff
    Abyss
    The Hardys
    Jarrett
    Rob Terry

Who is Crimson so?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Who is Crimson so?

WKU_Big_Red.png

:pac: It's some ginger lad who's pretending to be Amazing Red's younger bro. Imagine if Red and Heidenreich had a kid.

Who is Crimson so?

crimson_chin_300.gif?w=280&h=300

Fortune:

Beer Money
    Kaz
    AJ
    Flair

Immortal:

Hogan
    Bischoff
    Abyss
    The Hardys
    Jarrett
    Rob Terry

Flair may not go with Fortune (and really they'd be better off without him at this stage). Plus you forgot Gunner and Murphy in Immortal.

*TNA Knockouts champ Madison Rayne & Tara & Sarita & Rosita (Divina Fly in her official TV debut) defeated The Beautiful People & Winter & Mickie James. Rayne and James went back and forth on the mic and Rayne said that after she beats James at the PPV, James might want to think about quitting and James reacted like she was.
    Does anyone actually believe that Mickie's retiring at the PPV? Good work throwing away a PPV result by putting a unnecessary stipulation on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

They hold a contract signing for Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Jarrett for Against All Odds. Jarrett and Karen come out and cut a promo on Angle. Angle comes out but their is a row of security between the two parties. Before the contract signing, Jarrett adds a stipulation if Angle wins, he gets custody of The Angles' two children but if Jarrett wins, Kurt has to give Karen away to Jarrett at the wedding. Angle signs the contract and leaves.

That is such a low-rent, tawdry stipulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Too right. Just when you think that company can't get any more classless...

geeky wrote: »
    Too right. Just when you think that company can't get any more classless...

can't be any worse than this

• Advertisement

can't be any worse than this

Funnily enough, I actually think this is worse. Custody battles are something that so many people are going through or have gone through in the U.S. - and they're usually traumatic for all concerned. Making it into a storyline is, IMO, more offensive than a comedy spot in which Vince McMahon is the leprechaun's 'daddy'.

I couldn't agree more. Right up TNA's alley! I bet Russo was looking thru WWE's numbers and saw that
    the custody of Dominik angle with Rey & Eddie actually drew really great numbers.

At least Russo's up to
    now; the most current he's ever been!

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I couldn't agree more. Right up TNA's alley! I bet Russo was looking thru WWE's numbers and saw that
    the custody of Dominik angle with Rey & Eddie actually drew really great numbers.

At least Russo's up to

For a moment I thought that read the custody of Doink :o:p

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

Who is Crimson so?

Amazing Red's brother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

jaykhunter wrote: »

At least Russo's up to

Any similar story line is pretty low rent really. ECW also used children on occasion which was too much. Foley getting a beating in front of his family wasn't great either.

But this one has the Russo special touch of "no-class". Might as well have a child on a pole match.

For a moment I thought that read the custody of Doink :o:p

That, JP, = ratings.

After all, who wouldn't want his smiling face around the house?

images%3Fq%3DMatt%2BOsborne%2Bdoink%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1C1AVSX_enIE412IE412%26biw%3D1440%26bih%3D785%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=1114&vpy=429&dur=1131&hovh=177&hovw=285&tx=47&ty=195&oei=mM9KTf2-MI-aOryi3OYP&esq=5&page=1&ndsp=29&ved=1t:429,r:21,s:0

According to SuperLuchas.net, Matt Hardy is reportedly trying to persuade TNA Wrestling officials to hire former WWE Diva Amy "Lita" Dumas so he can work a storyline with her.

During an interview last October, Dumas expressed interest in returning to the squared circle "for fun," albeit not on a full-time basis. She was also broached on the subject of Hardy, to which she snarked, "Oh my god, what happened to that guy?" Dumas added that she feels he has maturity issues, but also acknowledged his professionalism during their 2005 feud.
    Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- Abyss is not expected to return to TNA until the February 24th TNA iMPACT taping in Fayetteville, North Carolina. He's off TV right now to sell the 'injuries' he suffered at the hands of the Crimson/Janice 'stabbing'.

-- Numerous UK wrestlers received tryouts with TNA during the company's most recent tour. TNA was said to have been very impressed with a guy by the name of Mark Hawkins. If anyone is to be hired, it'll be him according to backstage sources.

According to a very reliable backstage source, there has been absolutely no contact between Steve "Sting" Borden and World Wrestling Entertainment officials.

This story was way overblown by many fans due to a New York Daily News report claiming Sting had signed a one-year deal with WWE.

Source: The Wrestling Observer

As noted earlier here on the site, this week's TNA iMPACT! did a strong 1.31 (1.3) cable rating, with 1,953,000 viewers. Several TNA talents posted the following on their Twitter pages:

Taz: "Another huge rating for TNA iMPACT! Awesome job by the Talent,Agents,Production, Russo,Eric B, Matt! Last but not least, Dixie...Congrats!"

Dixie Carter: "Last night was our 2nd highest rated Thursday night iMPACT! ever!! Thank you all so much!! Lots of great TV coming up... Stay tuned."

Matt Hardy: "Hulkster & Jeff brought me in & the ratings keep growin-Coincidence?I think not! FACT! .. Dixie, u can thank ME & Jeff 4 the ratings jump-just saying"

-- Speaking of Matt Hardy, he is denying online reports that he wants to bring Lita to TNA Wrestling. He wrote on Twitter, "IWC Rumor Killer-I HAVEN'T asked 4 Lita to come 2 TNA. I wish her happiness & the best in life, but I am not interested in workin with her."

That rumor was started by SuperLuchas.net and we stated that we didn't have it confirmed by any means when we posted it. Who knows anyways - this is Matt Hardy we're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

geeky wrote: »
    Funnily enough, I actually think this is worse. Custody battles are something that so many people are going through or have gone through in the U.S. - and they're usually traumatic for all concerned. Making it into a storyline is, IMO, more offensive than a comedy spot in which Vince McMahon is the leprechaun's 'daddy'.

Didnt Rey and Eddie do somethin similar with Reys kid Dominic? "IM YOUR PAPI"

Have to say though it is a pretty crazy situation to say the least

• Advertisement

Sorry is Matt Hardy playing to his heel role with that tweet or is he really that deluded? Jeff may have something to do with the rating Matt is just over hyping himself

Advertisement