Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania 27 pre show thread. Will contain Royal Rumble and EC Spoilers etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

jaykhunter wrote: »

Who would you book to face Sting, Booker and Nash at WM27?
    Sting vs ?
    Booker vs ?
    Nash vs ?

Sting v Chris Masters.
    Booker v Chris Masters
    Nash v Chris Masters

Then ideally a tag match between Sting/ Booker/ Nash v Masters/ Trent/ Ryder.

Thats the most obvious choice and I don't see any reason for them not to go with it. :)

Its a shame they it would cost a bomb to get Goldberg back, I reckon he would still outdraw the other three in this moment of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I nabbed this from another thread because I think it's brilliant. If WWE are gonna do a WCW-thing; what if they just said feck it to the current storylines and did some WCW matches instead? Could that draw? Or better yet would it be any worse than their current lineup?

Personally i want to see Sting vs Taker. I can only imagine the amazing supernatural buildup. I'd imagine Booker and Nash would be faces; so have them face Barrett and Sheamus respectively?

Who would you book to face Sting, Booker and Nash at WM27?
    Sting vs ?
    Booker vs ?
    Nash vs ?

Nash V Sheamus or Nash V Barrett could work I think one of those eliminated Nash at the RR

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Booker V Kofi.
    Dunno why. i just think it could be good.

If booker Smackdown
    is a commentator does that mean he will be wrestling at all?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

CMpunked wrote: »
    Booker V Kofi. Dunno why. i just think it could be good.

It's the dreads! And Booker was the King of Africa in TNA; Kofi's from Ghana :pac:

It's the dreads! And Booker was the King of Africa in TNA; Kofi's from Ghana :pac:

I think Kofi reminds me of a very young Booker. Maybe not as strong, or with the mic skills(maybe because harlem heat were heels too) but could be some day.

If they go down the road of Alberto v Rey then why not kofi and booker.
    Just match up all the close cultured wrestlers.
    Finlay and Sheamus.
    :p

• Advertisement

How about Finlay & Sheamus vs Regal and Barrett :pac:
    Piper vs Drew in a plastic scot vs real scot :p

How about Finlay & Sheamus vs Regal and Barrett :pac:
    Piper vs Drew in a plastic scot vs real scot :p

Sheamus and Drew v Regal and Barratt might happen some day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Do you think SCSA could feature at this year's WM since he coming in as the host of the new Tough Enough and the contestants are to debut around WM time - maybe as a guest ref in some match

I'd say there is a chance Michael Cole will get a Stone Cold Stunner! Might lead to JR commentating on the night too, given Austin and JR's fondness of each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

Nash vs Barrett? Barrett starred Nash down the whole way he came down to the rumble and looked happy to see him coming and Barrett also eliminated him

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭sliotor

It is looking like jerry will finally get a wrestlemania match probably against cole or someone wrestling on cole's behalf maybe ted.
    Does anyone think jerry will call it a day with wwe then because there is not much else for him to do, and he is getting pretty stale with his jokes etc. 18 years is a long time aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Anyone else think we might see Big Show v Ezekiel Jackson at WM?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Charisteas wrote: »
    Anyone else think we might see Big Show v Ezekiel Jackson at WM?

God I hope so!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

I'm really not liking the idea of The Miz and Del Rio being in the Main Event Title matches at WM. Well I guess i could live with Del Rio being part of a triple threat/4-way for the WHC - Del Rio vs Rey vs Edge (as champ) could work. Maybe his title shot will be put on the line before WM and he loses it!

But as for Mr. Mizanin, to me, he still isnt great for main event, never mind Wrestlemania main event. And with him facing Lawler at EC, he is a cert to still be champ at WM. Like the Del Rio situation, it could be better maybe if they combined the Cena/Miz fead with the Orton/Punk feud and have a 4-way for the WWE Title.

I understand WWE trying to push the future generation, but this is Wrestlemania for feck sake. Going back over the years we had Rock/Austin, HHH/Benoit/HBK, Angle/Lesnar, Bret/HBK, etc. And now were gonna have Miz v Cena........it just doesn't do the name of Wrestlemania any justice. And on top of that, this will be the 7th year in a row that Cena will be involved in the Main event title picture.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Whats the real alternative though? If we take Miz and Del Rio out of the main event, we risk having Cena vs Orton AGAIN! Yeah, the two may not be the biggest stars but wins over established stars at Mania could propel them into stardom.

It's a problem with WWE overall tbh. Yeah, they are establishing some new stars now but people are complaining that "so and so doesn't deserve to be there!". When they don't push people, the card looks like a repeat of lesser events and they get blasted for not pushing new people.

I'm happy we're getting two fresh matches at Maina tbh. That's more important to me than making sure we get established people in the top matches and having to sit through matches we've seen dozens of times over the year...

Whats the real alternative though? If we take Miz and Del Rio out of the main event, we risk having Cena vs Orton AGAIN! Yeah, the two may not be the biggest stars but wins over established stars at Mania could propel them into stardom.

It's a problem with WWE overall tbh. Yeah, they are establishing some new stars now but people are complaining that "so and so doesn't deserve to be there!". When they don't push people, the card looks like a repeat of lesser events and they get blasted for not pushing new people.

I'm happy we're getting two fresh matches at Maina tbh. That's more important to me than making sure we get established people in the top matches and having to sit through matches we've seen dozens of times over the year...

I agree with you to a certain extent. Take Miz, he's only been in the Main event status for like 2 months is all. Yes, he won MITB way back in June, but that doesnt really count as being in the main event. I'd have no problem with the likes of Miz, Del Rio, Morrison, etc. headlining Wrestlemania, once they were given enough time in the main event picture - i.e. get them in the title hunt or even champs around the summer, then by the time the next wrestlemania comes around, they will be established as proper headliners. I just don't like the fact that they are in the top tier for only a short period then expected to headline the biggest show of the year.

One word: Punk.

One word: Punk.

I agree but by the looks of it, he's getting a pretty big match by going up against one of WWE's top faces at the moment. Punk vs Orton is a big match in my eyes and is well worthy of the show.

Yeah, Punk vs Cena might be a bigger match for Mania, but then who does Orton face? Miz again? Sheamus again? As I said, there's a lack of ME stars on Raw, and while it might be easy to say "We need bigger matches for Mania", the problem lies in the fact that there's only two "big" superstars at the moment, both of whom have fought each other and most of the heels to death by now. At least Cena/Miz and Orton/Punk are somewhat fresh...

I agree but by the looks of it, he's getting a pretty big match by going up against one of WWE's top faces at the moment. Punk vs Orton is a big match in my eyes and is well worthy of the show.

Yeah, Punk vs Cena might be a bigger match for Mania, but then who does Orton face? Miz again? Sheamus again? As I said, there's a lack of ME stars on Raw, and while it might be easy to say "We need bigger matches for Mania", the problem lies in the fact that there's only two "big" superstars at the moment, both of whom have fought each other and most of the heels to death by now. At least Cena/Miz and Orton/Punk are somewhat fresh...

I posted on here before the Rumble hoping they ended up with Punk/Orton for the WWE title at Mania and Cena/Miz. I still feel the same. They have the right feuds in my view, just the wrong one has the title. I guess they want to end Mania sending the kids home happy with a Cena title win.

If that means Punk gets the win over Orton, I'm willing to take that hit <_<

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

I guess they want to end Mania sending the kids home happy with a Cena title win.

Maybe but Christian winning a triple threat with Del Rio and Edge would be a happy ending. A guy can dream

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Sting v Chris Masters.
    Booker v Chris Masters
    Nash v Chris Masters

Then ideally a tag match between Sting/ Booker/ Nash v Masters/ Trent/ Ryder.

Thats the most obvious choice and I don't see any reason for them not to go with it. :)

Its a shame they it would cost a bomb to get Goldberg back, I reckon he would still outdraw the other three in this moment of time.

None of the four of them is a draw really on 2011.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

After watching Raw i'm worried that they might do Sheamus vs Lawler.I genuinely think Triple H is in no rush to get back in the ring.Power Slam wrote a article about it,while it was a bit optimistic I think a change in direction is needed in wwe creatively.Vince has been very erratic with Pushes for a while.

flahavaj wrote: »
    None of the four of them is a draw really on 2011.

All of them could draw if booked right. Without a big taker match (which two of those could provide) i've no idea how Cena vs weak transitional heel champ will do even last year's numbers.

Source

Following Randy Orton's punt kick to Husky Harris on RAW, WWE has announced that the Nexus member is out of action indefinitely. WWE is hyping a response from CM Punk for the kick on next Monday's RAW.
    There has been speculation that Husky, despite his talent, isn't going over so well with WWE officials because of his size and look. Some are wondering where Husky will fit into things if a 3-on-3 match with Nexus vs. The Corre takes place at WrestleMania.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,338 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Husky's size and look are one of the best things about him. Makes him stand out and he has the talent to carry it.

As for Miz and Del Rio, I expect one of those matches to be made a Triple Threat Match. Probably due to some non-sensical finish in one of the Elimination Chamber matches

Could we be actually seeing HHH vs. Wade Barrett at Wrestlemania???
    The last Raw before the big PPV has an 8-Man Tag Match scheduled (apparently). It is to be Cena, Orton, Edge & HHH Vs. Miz, CM Punk, Del Rio & Wade Barret.

Source: http://www.prowrestling.com/article/news/17613

Lookig at that line up, each member of the team is facing there WM opponent (Cena/Miz, Punk/Orton, Edge/Del Rio), so by that process it looks like HHH vs Barrett!

Could this work? Like GTR63 said, it could possibly be Sheamus vs. Lawler, which would open up HHH to face Barett. If this is the case, where does it leave Taker? He will probably want to get revenge on Kane, so we could get Kane vs. Taker (again) at Wrestlemania!

Is there any need for the EC PPV it seems the world title matches are set now anyways :rolleyes:

Miz V Cena and Edge V Del Rio

If Barrett V HHH is happening at WM surely HHH would want to return soon enough to set up a feud and Barrett is on SD now

Not sure if this was posted yet...
    180340_196849273664690_190656814283936_834042_5637191_n.jpg

Yeah, it's fake but still...awesome <_<

Could we be actually seeing HHH vs. Wade Barrett at Wrestlemania???
    The last Raw before the big PPV has an 8-Man Tag Match scheduled (apparently). It is to be Cena, Orton, Edge & HHH Vs. Miz, CM Punk, Del Rio & Wade Barret.

Source: http://www.prowrestling.com/article/news/17613

Lookig at that line up, each member of the team is facing there WM opponent (Cena/Miz, Punk/Orton, Edge/Del Rio), so by that process it looks like HHH vs Barrett!

Could this work? Like GTR63 said, it could possibly be Sheamus vs. Lawler, which would open up HHH to face Barett. If this is the case, where does it leave Taker? He will probably want to get revenge on Kane, so we could get Kane vs. Taker (again) at Wrestlemania!

That's probably a dark match.

• Advertisement

Not sure if this was posted yet...
    180340_196849273664690_190656814283936_834042_5637191_n.jpg

Yeah, it's fake but still...awesome <_<

I posted it on the 21/2/11 thread. I knew it wasn't real either.

Advertisement