Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 31/01 *rumble & Live Spoilers*

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

Ted's starting to stare down a future endeavoured barrell all right. Hopefully he doesn't I still think he has a lot of potential,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Having a punch up with a guy who is in the WWE title match at the next PPV doesn't seem like a burial to me. Ted could easily cost King the match at the PPV. Cue Mania match with Cole in Ted's corner and Maryse turning on Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

Having a punch up with a guy who is in the WWE title match at the next PPV doesn't seem like a burial to me. Ted could easily cost King the match at the PPV. Cue Mania match with Cole in Ted's corner and Maryse turning on Ted.

I like it a lot, makes perfect sense storyline wise, don't see maryse as a longterm face tho

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

jmolloy wrote: »
    don't see maryse as a longterm face tho

I'd like to sit on her face longterm. :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I'd like to sit on her face longterm. :D

Why? That's just weird

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

That's so optimistic! He's been on a convincing losing streak on RAW and hasn't cut a decent promo or had a decent match for a very long time. It's a cyclical affair but complaining and having your gold-digging gf want to break up with you each week is hardly "Cena" territory :pac: He's in Braden Walker territory now

jaykhunter wrote: »
    That's so optimistic! He's been on a convincing losing streak on RAW and hasn't cut a decent promo or had a decent match for a very long time. It's a cyclical affair but complaining and having your gold-digging gf want to break up with you each week is hardly "Cena" territory :pac: He's in Braden Walker territory now

He's on Raw every week. Gets to speak on the mic occasionally, so there is a chance they have something planned. Might not be much, but they might have something planned. I have had the feeling the last few weeks with Ted have been building to something. Of course, they could just forget it all and move on to something else.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I hope they just do the natural progression where Teddy loses everything (his inheritance, his gf etc) ala Trading Places and becomes a hobo...:cool:

trading-places.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,057 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Cole v Lawler would draw much more more than Ted v Lawler, and I reckon Vince knows this.

They just wanted a midcard heel for Lawler to get one over on before his main event match last night.

Teddy isn't getting pushed anytime soon.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Cole v Lawler would draw much more more than Ted v Lawler, and I reckon Vince knows this.

They just wanted a midcard heel for Lawler to get one over on before his main event match last night.

Teddy isn't getting pushed anytime soon.

Cole v Lawler won't happen as a 1 on 1 match. There will be somebody else involved, maybe more. Alex Riley is the most likely.

I was just suggesting an alternative.

Also, neither match would actually draw anything. The idea of drawing is from a bygone era. There are very, very few matches that would significantly add to buyrates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,057 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Cole v Lawler won't happen as a 1 on 1 match. There will be somebody else involved, maybe more. Alex Riley is the most likely.

I was just suggesting an alternative.

Also, neither match would actually draw anything. The idea of drawing is from a bygone era. There are very, very few matches that would significantly add to buyrates.

Oh its not going to hugely boost the buyrate but it may spike it a little and I reckon the crowd would go banana's when Lawler takes out Cole.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

jaykhunter wrote: »

DiBiase had an awesome match last week with Bryan on NXT. After last nights Raw I would've thought Lawler vs. DiBiase at WrestleMania is highly likely.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Oh its not going to hugely boost the buyrate but it may spike it a little and I reckon the crowd would go banana's when Lawler takes out Cole.

Better to save that moment for the end of a match featuring actual wrestlers. Maximize the moment. Otherwise you end up with the mess that was Vince v Bret.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭Degag

Wrestlemania needed Sting/Taker about 10 years ago. Sting is 51 and Taker 45 and they're both well past their physical prime. Sting has refuted WWE advances in the past even when he was out of work, do you really think he's going to come in now and lose to Taker at Mania simply for a payout? Followed by months of probable mediocrity as there's no way WWE will put a big title on a guy who won't want to work all those days on the road.

I can see it being Sting in the promos, but he's gonna want a victory in his first match, nothing says "this wrestler blows" more than a huge hyped debut and losing in his marquee debut (because Taker is NOT going to give up the streak to someone unless they're "the future") so whilst it might be Sting I do think he'll face someone else.

Even on a practical level, I don't think a match between these two guys is going to be that much to write home about because they're both limited physically at their age, sure they still wrestle to a good standard but considering it would be a "dream match" they'd need more than an average match. It's not like Hogan v Rock where very little actually happened but the "event" of it all made the match a class, a lot of people haven't a breeze who Sting is, so merely having "Sting v Undertaker" on a banner is probably not going to excite the majority.
    Normally i'd agree but.... Arguebly the best matches of the last two years have been Taker vs. Michaels 1 and 2. Both two 40 somethings. As i said earlier in this thread, i don't know much about Sting but while i gather he's no Michaels, he isn't a slouch in the ring either. I think it could easily be a four star match, just for the pure psychology of it. Sting will probably insist on creative control in his contract so it's unlikely that he'll be jobbing to Khali in 6 months, Like others such as Steiner he may insist on holding a world title during his contract. He'd probably get all these things too, the WWE need him alot more than he needs them afterall. After turning them down so many times, he's very unlikely to sign unless he's totally happy i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Wrestlemania needed Sting/Taker about 10 years ago. Sting is 51 and Taker 45 and they're both well past their physical prime. Sting has refuted WWE advances in the past even when he was out of work, do you really think he's going to come in now and lose to Taker at Mania simply for a payout? Followed by months of probable mediocrity as there's no way WWE will put a big title on a guy who won't want to work all those days on the road.

I can see it being Sting in the promos, but he's gonna want a victory in his first match, nothing says "this wrestler blows" more than a huge hyped debut and losing in his marquee debut (because Taker is NOT going to give up the streak to someone unless they're "the future") so whilst it might be Sting I do think he'll face someone else.

Even on a practical level, I don't think a match between these two guys is going to be that much to write home about because they're both limited physically at their age, sure they still wrestle to a good standard but considering it would be a "dream match" they'd need more than an average match. It's not like Hogan v Rock where very little actually happened but the "event" of it all made the match a class, a lot of people haven't a breeze who Sting is, so merely having "Sting v Undertaker" on a banner is probably not going to excite the majority.

Obviously it would have been better 10 years ago, but it still doesn't mean it couldn't be a great storyline and build up in 2011. They're also both experienced and clever enough workers not to stink the place out. It'd be a decent match, but as I say the build could be immense.

Looking at what else is on offer, Mania is severely lacking in that "special" match at the moment. I'm not sire what else they're capable of putting on at the moment to elevate it above being just another PPV.

I also think he'd happily lie down for Taker. Just a mater of writing a cheque big enough. He's been working for TNA FFS, its not as if the man has much pride.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

I enjoyed Lawler winning last night, brought me back to the 90s. I like seeing the old guys back as long as they are used right. It was great seeing Nash in the rumble, but they used him poorly, he should of cleaned house- the crowd wanted it too.

The Rumble is usually the only WWE event I watch each year, unless there is a great match or something but there usually isn't. However, I would gladly shell out 20 quid to see Sting V Taker.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭sliotor

Watched raw last night, the one thing I don’t get about the diva division is that eve and nattie came out as best buds, i realise they are both faces and that’s the way it goes with divas in wwe, but nattie lost her belt the night before and is friendly with the woman who is wearing her belt now. Eve may have not pinned nattie for it but could you could imagine that in another division. Where they don’t even address the title loss as in nattie having a stare down with eve. Sorry about the rant :).

It would be great if it did turn out to be sting and lead to sting v taker. Yeah would be better years ago but for nostalgic reasons alone it would be great to see.
    Morrison was great in the rumble again, if they guy added physiology to his matches and improved on the mic then they would have no choice but to make him champ.
    I would like to see him win the ec and miz v Morrison with good build up at wm but there no wwe are not going to have cena in the main event on wm.

Advertisement