Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania 27 pre show thread. Will contain Royal Rumble and EC Spoilers etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

ManofStraw wrote: »
    You know its bad when you can picture what happened at previous Wrestlemania's and who was headlining the event, everytime you hear old Wrestlemania theme songs

So true!

Some great examples:
    (listen to them and see can you remember what mania it was from)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

That song i have a biased view on.
    Fcuking love that band. Great track and atmosphere builder.

They are undeniably awesome. They are so good at slowing everything down then kicking everything back in. That snare hit in take a look around never fails to impress.

What WM was step up from? I have that track on a metal hammer cd, didn't know it was used in WM.

'Mania XX.
    Have to say, i dont like where they are going with the themes. Like tiny tempa?
    C'mon! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Limp Bizkit was from WMX8 I think. Loved that Wrestlemania.
    As much as I loved the band, I hated the choice of Audioslave "Be Yourself" last year. One of their worst songs... also I remember laughing at Cole sending out a special thanks to Audioslave for their song, despite them spiltting up 3 years prior...

^^^

My way was X7. Austin Rock II. Probably the greatest wrestlemania....of all the tiiimes..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

D.Q wrote: »

That is an epic song in my life. My favourite band of all time, my favourite WrestleMania of all time. That's the song I want played at my funeral!

Another point for the Attitude Era in this big debate - they had better PPV music :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

D.Q wrote: »
    ^^^

My way was X7. Austin Rock II. Probably the greatest wrestlemania....of all the tiiimes..

My thoughts EXACTLY :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

X7 was the first WM I seen. Awesome card throughout.

As far as this years goes... Hopefully the card has one or two unexpected matches.

Also please give DB a singles match!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Garseys wrote: »
    X7 was the first WM I seen. Awesome card throughout.

As far as this years goes... Hopefully the card has one or two unexpected matches.

Also please give DB a singles match!

I think if there is a MITB match Bryan will be in that

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think if there is a MITB match Bryan will be in that

Lawler & Bryan vs. Riley & Cole maybe??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Lawler & Bryan vs. Riley & Cole maybe??

I think Bryan would benefit from that. It would be high profile and would make sense given the last year. Would be OK if Ted was in there instead of Riley too.

Yeah i agree, Ted DiBiase would definatley make it a better match. I'm sure Riley will be too busy kissing Miz's ass before his Title match ;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I think Bryan would benefit from that. It would be high profile and would make sense given the last year. Would be OK if Ted was in there instead of Riley too.

How about a 6 man? Too much?
    Lawler, Bryan & Bateman vs. Cole, Riley & Ted

Bateman's awesome. Chicks and America.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    How about a 6 man? Too much?
    Lawler, Bryan & Bateman vs. Cole, Riley & Ted

Bateman's awesome. Chicks and America.

I misread that as Batman :pac: Could be an option, but only if Bateman gets on TV pretty soon.

I think anything with Cole needs to really limit his input, could maybe even have Cole managing a tag team and have a stipulation that King gets to punch him or that the winner gets to choose the announce team etc

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Right now the Alberto Del Rio vs. Kofi Kingston match at WWE's Elimination Chamber pay-per-view is a non-title match with Kofi's Intercontinental Title not on the line. The match may be changed because at one point there was discussion of having World Heavyweight Champion Edge vs. Intercontinental Champion Alberto Del Rio at WrestleMania 27.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Right now the Alberto Del Rio vs. Kofi Kingston match at WWE's Elimination Chamber pay-per-view is a non-title match with Kofi's Intercontinental Title not on the line. The match may be changed because at one point there was discussion of having World Heavyweight Champion Edge vs. Intercontinental Champion Alberto Del Rio at WrestleMania 27.

I hope Kofi will go to Wrestlemania with the IC belt, and then lose it to Wade Barrett.

It's about time Barrett won a belt, and winning the Intercontinental Championship at Wrestlemania could elevate him to a higher level.

Alberto and Kofi feud is pointless imo surely Kofi could have defended his title at the EC ppv in a match against maybe Swagger or Cody or even Masters

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

After last nights EC pay-per-view didn't throw up many surprises (bar maybe Christians interjection into the Edge/del Rio match) the 'Mania card is taking shape along expected lines. Tonights Raw should settle the last big match on the card with the expected return of the Undertaker for a feud with HHH.

Possible 'Mania matches:

1. The Miz vs. John Cena
    2. Edge vs. Christian vs. Alberto del Rio
    3. CM Punk vs. Randy Orton
    4. Triple H vs. The Undertaker
    5. Wade Barrett vs. The Big Show?
    6. Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes?
    7. Some sort of match involving Lawler, Cole plus possibly Danielson, DiBiase, Riley and even Gail Kim and Maryse.
    8. A tag title match? Koslov/Santino vs. The Corre vs. The Nexus?
    9. Trish + Kelly vs. Laycool
    10. That leaves JoMo, Sheamus, Ziggler, Swagger, Drew, Kane and Kofi for MITB.
    11. It's also possible that they will have a Women's title match on the card.

11 is obviously way too many matches when you also factor in that The Rock will surely take up a fair bit of time with various backstage segments. The Punk/Rey match-up really suffered last year from being too short so hopefully they give the main matches plenty time this year. I'm not sure that Barrett/Show and Rey/Cody need a match of their own.. maybe put them into MITB. And the tag title match could be bumped to the pre-show?

• Advertisement

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    After last nights EC pay-per-view didn't throw up many surprises (bar maybe Christians interjection into the Edge/del Rio match) the 'Mania card is taking shape along expected lines. Tonights Raw should settle the last big match on the card with the expected return of the Undertaker for a feud with HHH.

Possible 'Mania matches:

1. The Miz vs. John Cena
    2. Edge vs. Christian vs. Alberto del Rio
    3. CM Punk vs. Randy Orton
    4. Triple H vs. The Undertaker
    5. Wade Barrett vs. The Big Show?
    6. Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes?
    7. Some sort of match involving Lawler, Cole plus possibly Danielson, DiBiase, Riley and even Gail Kim and Maryse.
    8. A tag title match? Koslov/Santino vs. The Corre vs. The Nexus?
    9. Trish + Kelly vs. Laycool
    10. That leaves JoMo, Sheamus, Ziggler, Swagger, Drew, Kane and Kofi for MITB.
    11. It's also possible that they will have a Women's title match on the card.

11 is obviously way too many matches when you also factor in that The Rock will surely take up a fair bit of time with various backstage segments. The Punk/Rey match-up really suffered last year from being too short so hopefully they give the main matches plenty time this year. I'm not sure that Barrett/Show and Rey/Cody need a match of their own.. maybe put them into MITB. And the tag title match could be bumped to the pre-show?

I'd say Big Show V Ezekiel Jackson could happen or Show teaming with others against The Corre

The winner of Nxt Season 4 gets a tag title match with his pro could this happen at WM maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

didnt think there was a MITB match? seeing as it has its own ppv now?

Source
    After WWE introduced the new Money In The Bank gimmick pay-per-view last year, many have been wondering whether that spelled the end of MITB at WrestleMania. A WWE source has informed us that the match will take place at WrestleMania as in previous years.

I could easily see the rock being the ref for the wwe championship match.

In his promo last week he said he would defintely be seeing those two at mania so i have a feeling thats the road they are going down with him.

CMpunked wrote: »
    I could easily see the rock being the ref for the wwe championship match.

In his promo last week he said he would defintely be seeing those two at mania so i have a feeling thats the road they are going down with him.

If not as ref (if HBK is the special ref for Taker V HHH, I dont think we will get 2 special refs on one show but it is WM so maybe) I think Rock will come out to stop Riley interferring and maybe him and/or Miz will get a rock bottom

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    If not as ref (if HBK is the special ref for Taker V HHH, I dont think we will get 2 special refs on one show but it is WM so maybe) I think Rock will come out to stop Riley interferring and maybe him and/or Miz will get a rock bottom

is there still talk of that happening?

To be honest i would much rather see the rock as ref than HBK.
    Well maybe rock could be an enforcer, like not someone to make the calls and that, but someone to patrol the ringside and smack some candy ass if the need arises.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

CMpunked wrote: »
    is there still talk of that happening?

To be honest i would much rather see the rock as ref than HBK.
    Well maybe rock could be an enforcer, like not someone to make the calls and that, but someone to patrol the ringside and smack some candy ass if the need arises.

If The Rock has some sort of role in this match then they should have him turn on Cena. The Rock giving Cena a helping hand makes no sense given how weak The Miz has been portrayed and in any case since when has Super Cena required help from others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I could see Ziggler winning the MITB &cashing it in after the Edge vs Del Rio match. Just a thought that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

If The Rock has some sort of role in this match then they should have him turn on Cena. The Rock giving Cena a helping hand makes no sense given how weak The Miz has been portrayed and in any case since when has Super Cena required help from others.

it doesnt matter if it makes no sense, its wrestlemania which means john boy wont leave atlanta empty handed

• Advertisement

Cena probably won't "need help. I imagine there will be a ref bump and maybe some Riley interference. So The Rock will come out, Rock Bottom Riley and do the three count. Like how Austin didn't need Tyson, but he still made the three count.

Advertisement