Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania 27 pre show thread. Will contain Royal Rumble and EC Spoilers etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,687 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source
    Michael Cole has been learning to take bumps at WWE developmental. It’s also no secret he has been special refereeing RAW dark matches. This has all been done to try and prepare Cole for WrestleMania 27. WWE officials have had plans for Cole and Lawler to do something at the big show for months.
    In the past few weeks, some ideas tossed around for Lawler and Cole at WrestleMania have the two facing off in a singles match or Lawler vs. Alex Riley with Cole as referee and some kind of stipulation added to it.

As the winner of Nxt Season 4 gets tag title shot with his pro could this be at a ppv maybe WM or EC or will it be on Raw or SD?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I could see maybe Kozlov/Santino vs The Corre vs Nexus for the titles

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Barrington wrote: »
    Husky's size and look are one of the best things about him. Makes him stand out and he has the talent to carry it.

I don't think they want him to look like Cena or Orton, but I think theey are annoyed by the fact he has really piled on the pounds since NXT.

Source

Former Price is Right host Bob Barker will be at WrestleMania 27 in Atlanta, according to SportsTalkNetwork.com. Barker is said to be a long time wrestling fan and won the Slammy Award in December for Best RAW Host.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Barker is said to be a long time wrestling fan

If that's true I'm shocked he hasn't been seen in/used by WWE before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Guest hosted Raw last year if I remember rightly

I really hope Barker isnt the host Vinny Mac was talking about on Raw this week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

jaykhunter wrote: »

He has, remember the 'Price is Raw' episode with some sort of price is right game with Jericho, Irwin R Schyster, and I think Santino and Jillian when they were dating.

I hope Barker isn't the host, I think it should be someone who hasn't been on WWE TV before. During the Attitude Era, ever year there would be rumours about Britney Spears or Eminem being at a Wrestlemania, both are still pretty big names in pop culture! Just saying........... :D

LOL at Vince saying that Wrestlemania is bigger than the World Cup though.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Former Price is Right host Bob Barker will be at WrestleMania 27 in Atlanta, according to SportsTalkNetwork.com. Barker is said to be a long time wrestling fan and won the Slammy Award in December for Best RAW Host.

OK best nip this in the bud right now, I know he was on RAW last year! I meant if he's a life-long WWF fan -he's 87- how come WWE only found a part for him in 2010? He's been doing the Price is Right since 1972! Surely they could've used him during the lean years.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Rumor mill has been rampent this morning saying that the WM Guest host is in fact Sting, contrary to reports otherwise.
    Supposedly he is very excited about the role.

sting_narrowweb__300x415,0.jpg
    17da36691bc1a478393bae24e535a205.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Wasn't he a host at Raw this year (:p) an interviewer at Wrestlemania/Saturday Nights Main Event in the 80s? He did that screwy face when someone was choking him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

gimmick wrote: »
    Wasn't he a host at Raw this year (:p) an interviewer at Wrestlemania/Saturday Nights Main Event in the 80s? He did that screwy face when someone was choking him?

that was Bob Uecker i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Bob Uecker did indeed pull that face when he was being choked. He was inducted in the Hall of Fame not too long ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I stand corrected then.

But as far as I know, he did Guest Host raw lately!!!

:p

gimmick wrote: »
    I stand corrected then.

Said the man in the orthopedic shoes! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

From LordsofPain.net:

- To update, there has been no conversation between Steve "Sting" Borden and World Wrestling Entertainment as of last week, but there has however been interest from both sides.

The Undertaker vs. Sting match at this point will not be happening and Undertaker vs. Wade Barrett has been dropped as the originally proposed WrestleMania 27 main event. The company has come up with a new direction for the Undertaker which they hope will steal the show - it is also slated to involve Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels in a non-wrestling capacity. The new direction doesn't involve Brock Lesnar at this point.

So, HBK as Special Guest Referee?? HHH to face Taker maybe???
    The build up to Taker's Wrestlemania match is taking all kinds of twists and turns before his opponent is even announced!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

The build up to Taker's Wrestlemania match is taking all kinds of twists and turns before his opponent is even announced!

Exactly what the WWE wants to happen! they are executing this perfectly! I'd say they are leaking half the rumours just to get the sheets going mad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I think HHH/Taker is a possibility and I'd like to see it. It would link in well with the last two Manias. Nice if it ended with HBK superkicking HHH because if he can't break the streak, then nobody can :pac:

I'd love to see Taker/Punk either.

Taker V HHH would have me buying mania. Without a doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

CMpunked wrote: »
    Taker V HHH would have me buying mania. Without a doubt.

I reckon i'll be buying it regardless, Wrestlemania is the only ppv iv'er ever actually ordered on box-office (i think maybe one Rumble as well).

Concering Taker's opponent, I guess we will have a clearer picture come 21-2-2011 :D
    And if Shawn Michaels is announced as the WM host next week, then it would point to him being involved in that match too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

And if Shawn Michaels is announced as the WM host next week, then it would point to him being involved in that match too

Shawn's already announced for the event by been in the HOF so can't see it been him announced next week.

What about Vader? He's not in the HoF and his glory days were with WCW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

i can see taker vs the corre maybe with a new member coming down after every 5 minutes or something on the lines of that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Taker wins the title (somehow) soon. whoever wins MITB, if its on this year, should come down to cash in straight after the taker match. Some cocky heel stating he is going to make history cashing in at mania......winning the title and breaking the streak in the process.

The heel then proceeds to lose, giving taker 20-0 and being able to retire with all the explosions!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Taker wins the title (somehow) soon. whoever wins MITB, if its on this year, should come down to cash in straight after the taker match. Some cocky heel stating he is going to make history cashing in at mania......winning the title and breaking the streak in the process.

The heel then proceeds to lose, giving taker 20-0 and being able to retire with all the explosions!!

i think its going to be barrett vs taker with micheal guest referee after learning of micheals being involved

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

I'd rather face Taker go out on twenty wins over face John Cena. Cena slapping on the STF(U) would scare a lot of people.

I've kinda got attached to Barrett facing Taker at WM27 now. Make it non-DQ and kind of like Big Show/Mayweather Jr. (which was way better than it was on paper) only with wrestling where every so often Slater and Gabriel try to beat-down Taker - say get him to his knees - only to be thrown off anime style would be pretty entertaining in my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Take it for what its worth but the premium section of WrestlingNewsWorld.com are reporting that
    The Rock
    will be revealed as Wrestlemania's guest host.

If it is
    The Rock
    as host.
    And then if dirtsheets are to be telling the truth and
    Triple H
    is Takers opponent, this could be the best mania of the last 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

He did say recently his next involvement would be sooner than you think. Would be good to have him involved in some way.

We'll see on Monday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

CMpunked wrote: »
    If it is
    The Rock
    as host.
    And then if dirtsheets are to be telling the truth and
    Triple H
    is Takers opponent, this could be the best mania of the last 10 years.

Wouldn't go that far. Both of those happening would be a positive but looking at the rumoured card it could perhaps be the worst card since Wrestlemania 2000.

Advertisement