Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania 27 pre show thread. Will contain Royal Rumble and EC Spoilers etc

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I thought last year was pretty crap, other than the HBK/Taker match. MITB was so-so and the rest did not get enough time (other than Vince/Bret which got waaaay too long!). This year looks potentially better (although I would be majorly surprised if there is better match than Taker/HBK) all round if they are given time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

just noticed this on wwe.com. :(

Bottom right:
    rawx.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

^^^

If it is one of them, it will be Bob Barker.

If it is Bob Barker, I will regard that as the final gob of spit in my face that I am willing to take.
    To think that they would get Barker in, over someone like the Rock is horrible. The fact that they would give it a week of hype is worse again.
    Imagine, after a week of waiting and speculating, and Vince anounces Bob ****ing Barker.

What would that realistically do for buy rates. Someone who wasnt going to buy mania is hardly going to look at barker and say, jesus, bob barker on wrestlemania, better order it. However, put the Rock/HBK/Austin in there and that will have an effect.

I hope they have made the right decision on this, I really do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

they are throwing the scent off with that poll.
    its gonna be the rock and you are gonna love it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Jazzy wrote: »

yep thats what im thinking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

Jazzy wrote: »

if they are going to make mania guest host a thing does it not make sense that rock would do Mania 28 in Miami, it is his billed home town.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Who cares about the guest host? He'll introduce himself (maybe announce a match) and 2-3 backstage skits.

Personally if it's Rock, either wrestle or do RAW. I don't want him overshadowing other stars without wrestling -at WrestleMania no less-...reminds me of 2003 RAW when Austin was Sheriff GM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I kinda agree about getting Rock as Guest Host being a bit sh*tty. Its always a bit unsatisfying when fprmer wrestlers come back but don't get physically involved. Makes me think what might have been more than anything.

Bit of a desperation move methinks, Vince is banging on about pushing the young fellas but he still needs to bring in Rock in case the event flops. I'm very unexcited about Mania this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I would only want to see HHH v Taker at WM again if one of them (preferably Hunter) was a full fledged heel.

I suppose they could bring Taker back as a heel, it would be quite shocking and may up the buyrates but it seems doubtful at this time, and there's no way that Hunter is turning heel before this year's Mania because he's moonlighting as a Chaperone.

I know one of them doesn't need to be a heel for a feud to work. The Taker/Michaels feud worked because they were playing off the respect that the two had for each other, whilst acknowledging that Shawn was coming to the end of his career and wanted a shot at ending the streak before he hung up his boots.

With that being said though, I don't want to see WWE playing the respect card for the third year in a row (Unless we had a Taker/Michaels III). Otherwise it could turn into the same feud, different guy. It's The Undertaker at Wrestlemania afterall, so I would prefer to see him in a more traditional good guy versus bad guy angle this year.

The match is a real possibility though, there's no doubt about that. He's at 18-0, would be good to get to the nice round number 20-0, so if he's only got two opponents left, HHH and John Cena are the two to choose from.

Rock as guest host could and probably would work. He may bring in a few extra buys, but they shouldn't bill him as a top attraction unless he's going to wrestle. Otherwise it's just teasing!

WWE haven't yet really acknowledged that they are in Georgia, old WCW stomping ground, they could have at least gave Booker T a feud for a couple of months instead of instantly sticking him on commentary.

Hell, they could have even brought in old Ted Turner to wrestle Vince McMahon. Ok it would be a shockingly awful 5 minute match, but at least would get mainstream media attention.

CMpunked wrote: »
    just noticed this on wwe.com. :(

Bottom right:
    rawx.png

I just went to wwe.com to vote and noticed that they deleted that poll and changed it.

It's now -

Which sports figure do you think will be the Guest Host of WrestleMania XXVII? Aaron Rodgers Michael Jordan Shaquille O'Neal Clay Matthews Dan Marino

• Advertisement

I guess if HHH went after the streak and also put his career on the line, AND had HBK as the Special Guest ref; then people might think that Taker might actually lose. But that's a lot of stips for a match that's already happened (and was great @X7)

If you're not gonna get Sting; Taker only has a few matches left so best use it for someone that would get elevated for it -- Barrett, Sheamus, Punk, Del Rio -- as they'll be in the main event for years to come for sure.

Whenever WWE grow some balls they should do Taker vs Cena; heel or face Cena would be cast as the heel and it would be really cool.

oh just with the guest host deal, if it were the Rock they wouldn't spoil it by hinting at it in a WWE.com poll. So it's just as likely to happen as it was a few days ago.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Tbh, while I'd rather an epic Rock vs Cena match, I'd rather him as a guest host than just not appearing at all. Rock will get the crowd going, he'll likely do some in-ring segment (with, say, someone like Santino) where he gives the Rock bottom and people's elbow, and will be his entertaining self.

Thought: If he is going to host, I wonder would they induct him into the HoF. Or is HBK the big star this year; they might save him for a few more years...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

Tbh, while I'd rather an epic Rock vs Cena match, I'd rather him as a guest host than just not appearing at all. Rock will get the crowd going, he'll likely do some in-ring segment (with, say, someone like Santino) where he gives the Rock bottom and people's elbow, and will be his entertaining self.

Just as long as we don't have to witness Christy Hemme eating a pie with her hungry butt again.

And it's more like this:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

If the Guest Host is a big enough Personality to make more people watch Mania then well done wwe.

The young guys will benefit from the extra exposure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

im now officially putting my money on
    The Rock
    hosting wrestlemania.

Ridley wrote: »

safely say that wasn't the last time christy's ass was creamed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

John Piermarini, the former WWE creative employee, has put on his blog how he would book this years Wrestlemania. Some interesting ideas, plus he has stolen our idea of a Ted/King match!

http://creativerecall.wordpress.com/2011/02/10/how-id-book-it-wrestlemania-27/

• Registered Users Posts: 85,687 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

im now officially putting my money on
    The Rock
    hosting wrestlemania.

It's official now the great one is the host :D

As The Rock's mention of Justin Bieber elicited boo's do you think Vince will reconsider the plan to bring him in

(God i love been able to write about the rock in a wrestling sense again:):):):))

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

jmolloy wrote: »
    As The Rock's mention of Justin Bieber elicited boo's do you think Vince will reconsider the plan to bring him in

Apparently the deal for Bieber to sing the national anthem is a done deal.Its not as if Vince wants him to Wrestle or that.
    Anyone else find it ironic that Rock,Taker & Triple H are all being brought back to wwe tv for them to get a good Mania buy rate.Shows you how many Names wwe hasn't made in the last decade.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Anyone else find it ironic that Rock,Taker & Triple H are all being brought back to wwe tv for them to get a good Mania buy rate.Shows you how many Names wwe hasn't made in the last decade.

Yep I was thinking the exact same thing. Not to mention Booker T and Diesel being brought back in (not sure if Nash is permenent), and the fact Shawn Michaels will headline the HOF and Steve Austin hosting Tough Enough, and both will probably feature at WrestleMania in some capacity.

And then there was the allegedly trying to sign Sting and Brock Lesnar.

Maybe they are worried about a low WM buyrate, so they were thinking desperate times call for desperate measures perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Charisteas wrote: »
    Yep I was thinking the exact same thing. Not to mention Booker T and Diesel being brought back in (not sure if Nash is permenent), and the fact Shawn Michaels will headline the HOF and Steve Austin hosting Tough Enough, and both will probably feature at WrestleMania in some capacity.

And then there was the allegedly trying to sign Sting and Brock Lesnar.

Maybe they are worried about a low WM buyrate, so they were thinking desperate times call for desperate measures perhaps?

true but these desperate measures are good good good for us fans

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

There is speculation now that the anonymous RAW General Manager will be revealed as Vince McMahon, potentially setting up a Rock-McMahon "Attitude Era flashback" showdown at WrestleMania 27.

http://nodq.com/wwe/299794476.shtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

So Vince ordered Nexus to beat him up & booked matches erratically sometimes the GM was a face other Times a heel. The inconsistant booking sure sounds like Vince alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Jesus, you can be the GM of Raw whilst in a coma, who knew:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Just give it to Cole already. FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,687 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Written in the Stars by Tinie Tempah is one of the official themes for WWE WrestleMania XXVII

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Written in the Stars by Tinie Tempah is one of the official themes for WWE WrestleMania XXVII

Even if you don't like one of the WrestleMania songs, WWE hammer them into you so much that by the end of WrestleMania season, you know every lyric to every song :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭ManofStraw

Charisteas wrote: »
    Even if you don't like one of the WrestleMania songs, WWE hammer them into you so much that by the end of WrestleMania season, you know every lyric to every song :o

You know its bad when you can picture what happened at previous Wrestlemania's and who was headlining the event, everytime you hear old Wrestlemania theme songs

Advertisement