Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania 27 pre show thread. Will contain Royal Rumble and EC Spoilers etc

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

did my guess at a card going by current booking a few times heres the newest

WWE title match: Special enforcer The Rock
    John Cena vs The Miz (c)

WHC title match
    Edge (c) vs Alberto Del Rio vs Christian

Streak match: Special Ref HBK
    The Undertaker vs HHH

Randy Orton vs CM Punk w/

MITB match:
    Rey Mysterio vs Cody Rhodes vs Drew McIntyre vs Kofi vs Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan vs Evan Bourne Vs Mark Henry

Jerry Lawler, Daniel Bryan & bateman vs Micheal Cole, A-Rod & Dolph Ziggler w/Vickie

Wade Barett & Ezekiel jackson vs The Big Show

Tag team titles match:
    The Corre vs The Nexus vs Santino & Kozlov

Laycool vs Kelly Kelly & Trish Stratus

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

WWE title match: Special enforcer The Rock
    John Cena vs The Miz (c)

WHC title match
    Edge (c) vs Alberto Del Rio vs Christian

Streak match: Special Ref HBK
    The Undertaker vs HHH

Randy Orton vs CM Punk w/Mason Ryan

MITB match:
    Rey Mysterio vs Cody Rhodes vs Drew McIntyre vs Kofi vs Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan vs Evan Bourne Vs Mark Henry

Jerry Lawler, Daniel Bryan & bateman vs Micheal Cole, A-Rod & Dolph Ziggler w/Vickie

Wade Barett & Ezekiel jackson vs The Big Show

Tag team titles match:
    The Corre vs The Nexus vs Santino & Kozlov

Laycool vs Kelly Kelly & Trish Stratus

• Registered Users Posts: 85,687 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

GTR63 wrote: »
    I could see Ziggler winning the MITB &cashing it in after the Edge vs Del Rio match. Just a thought that.

If Christian isnt in the WHC title (it will be interesting to see if and how he will be added, I assume challenge Del Rio on SD for his spot maybe) then I prefer him to win MITB and cash in against Edge or Del Rio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I think Christian will just be in Edge's corner for the match, can't see him competing.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,063 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I can see Christian being in Edges corner at wrestlemania and he will turn on Edge and cost him the title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Mr. Guappa wrote: »

Possible 'Mania matches:

10. That leaves JoMo, Sheamus, Ziggler, Swagger, Drew, Kane and Kofi for MITB.

MITB match:

Even if there is a MITB match, Kofi shouldn't be in it. It's WrestleMania so there should be an Intercontinental Championship match.

I said in another thread I hope Wade Barrett goes for the IC title at Mania, but it could just as easily also be Ziggler, Swagger or McIntyre.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I think Dolph deserves a shot at Takers streak.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Charisteas wrote: »
    Even if there is a MITB match, Kofi shouldn't be in it. It's WrestleMania so there should be an Intercontinental Championship match.

I said in another thread I hope Wade Barrett goes for the IC title at Mania, but it could just as easily also be Ziggler, Swagger or McIntyre.

They IC or US Titles are rarely defended at WM anymore. I'd love to see them treated better but it doesn't happen in reality.

Edge V Del Rio was made offical on wwe.com before EC PPV :p

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    They IC or US Titles are rarely defended at WM anymore. I'd love to see them treated better but it doesn't happen in reality.

The brand extension has seen to that. The IC title normally had the second-to-last slot on most PPVs in it's heyday. Now the WHC has that space. It is the de-facto secondary title now.

F4WOnline.com is reporting that while the verbal exchanges between The Rock and John Cena are expected to continue in the weeks leading up to WrestleMania, there are currently no plans to have them wrestle a match against each other at the big PPV. While the door remains open for them to have a match together some time down the line, possibly at WrestleMania next year, the plan as of now is to have The Rock involve himself physically at WrestleMania without actually wrestling a match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Edge V Del Rio was made offical on wwe.com before EC PPV :p

This has been up since Del Rio won the Rumble

Trish Stratus and Kelly Kelly vs. Michelle McCool and Layla is now being rumored for WrestleMania 27 following the segment at Sunday night's Elimination Chamber pay-per-view.

This was very interesting to read on the Creative Recall Blog.
    Reason #121 why you don’t believe everything you read in dirt sheets. They were reporting Undertaker vs. Wade Barrett, Undertaker and Kane vs. The Corre and other incarnations of WM matches for Taker but this match was planned since last August. Now that it’s out there I can reveal that.

http://creativerecall.wordpress.com/2011/02/23/raw-recall-february-21-2011/

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

To be honest they wanted to do something with Taker & Lesnar (They had that infamous face off after Lesnars loss back in October).So I don't believe for a second HHH vs Taker was planned since August.If it was how come both turned up out & for the first time I can ever remember in wrestling didn't want to get revenge on the people who took them out.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I can see HHH saying 10 years ago you beat me at Wrestlemania X7 but Now im better blah blah

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Credit: F4WOnline.com

- While there is no indication of The Rock wrestling another match, Dave Meltzer reports that there was talk backstage at RAW this week about doing a John Cena vs. Rock match if Rock can be convinced to do it. If the match were to take place, it would be more likely to happen at Summerslam to "strike the iron when it's hot" and also because The Rock's schedule next year could be an issue.

There is some concern on The Undertaker as his recuperation from the recent surgery is going slower than they had hoped for, even though he's worked hard with physical therapy. Taker's match with Triple H at WrestleMania 27 is expected to be the main event.

How was a match like Flair/HBK or the Taker/HBK not ME???? But Once HHH is in the match its the Main Event
    Shawn Michaels is still expected to be introduced into the storyline and have a role at WrestleMania, possibly as a referee or an enforcer. The idea behind the storyline is that Triple H is going at Taker for revenge after Taker ended his best friend's career.
    There is some speculation as to who will be announcing WrestleMania 27 as the feeling is it doesn't make much sense to have Jerry Lawler and Michael Cole call most of it and then work a match against each other. Jim Ross is always being speculated on for a return but at last year's WrestleMania, early plans were for him to announce but he didn't. Shawn Michaels and Undertaker even requested that Ross work the pay-per-view but it wasn't the direction that Vince McMahon wanted.

To be honest they wanted to do something with Taker & Lesnar (They had that infamous face off after Lesnars loss back in October).So I don't believe for a second HHH vs Taker was planned since August.If it was how come both turned up out & for the first time I can ever remember in wrestling didn't want to get revenge on the people who took them out.

They may have wanted to use Lesnar, we don't actually know. It would strike me as extremely odd to set something up at a UFC event with Taker out of character with Michelle McCool beside him. It was almost entirely internet speculation. If Lesnar was going to appear, I guess it would be as an enforcer type appearance. UFC would never allow him wrestle.

Your first time ever line is a bit wide of the mark. You only have to go back to last weeks Smackdown to see Punk and Barrett seemingly happy to tag together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Credit: F4WOnline.com

How was a match like Flair/HBK or the Taker/HBK not ME???? But Once HHH is in the match its the Main Event

Well last year HBK/Taker was the ME? and come on, realistically, Cena Vs Miz, Del Rio vs Edge, or Taker Vs HHH.

Taker vs HHH is by far the biggest match on the card.

If Rock is referee or enforcer for Miz V Cena I think that will be the main event - I think they will end WM with Rock raising Cena's hand as WWE champion

Source
    Triple H and The Undertaker are the ones putting together their current program for WrestleMania 27, with minimal input from WWE creative.
    Taker was originally scheduled to face Wade Barrett and Triple H was set to face Sheamus at WrestleMania but the two got together and realized that WrestleMania 27 had no special match. As WWE's two most power political forces, they felt they could take control of their own angle without much in the way of outside influence.
    Shawn Michaels is still expected to be introduced into the storyline and have a role at WrestleMania, possibly as a referee or an enforcer. The idea behind the storyline is that Triple H is going at Taker for revenge after Taker ended his best friend's career.

http://www.wrestlenewz.com/wrestling/exclusive-news/plans-for-alberto-del-rio-at-and-after-wrestlemania-vinces-thoughts/
    Vince McMahon and the WWE creative team spent a lot of time going over the WrestleMania 27 card this weekend. A lot of focus was put into the booking of the World Heavyweight Title match between Alberto Del Rio and Edge.
    As of this weekend, the plan is for Del Rio to win the belt from Edge and have a lengthy World Heavyweight Title run. It’s no secret within WWE that Vince McMahon is very high on Del Rio and plans to push him to the top.

An appearance at WrestleMania 27 by Steve Austin is highly likely as there is talk of presenting the Tough Enough cast to everyone at the show in Atlanta.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

They may have wanted to use Lesnar, we don't actually know. It would strike me as extremely odd to set something up at a UFC event with Taker out of character with Michelle McCool beside him. It was almost entirely internet speculation. If Lesnar was going to appear, I guess it would be as an enforcer type appearance. UFC would never allow him wrestle.

Your first time ever line is a bit wide of the mark. You only have to go back to last weeks Smackdown to see Punk and Barrett seemingly happy to tag together.

I don't really belive that Taker and HHH was the plan since August either. I'd say it's a pretty recent idea. I'd also imagine that if somehow they had managed to get Lesner to wrestle, Taker would have returned as the ABA - to cover for McCool's presence.

Taker and HBK was the ME last year. I think they realised their mistake from the two years previous of not putting their best match on last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

That comes from a guy who thought Ted DiBiase was the future of the company and that Michelle McCool doesnt get any special treatment due to being married by the Undertaker.

If HHH-Taker was the plan all along then why did Nexus help bury Taker alive?

So yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

What are the chances that HHH was the "Bigger picture" that Nexus were always on about?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

CMpunked wrote: »
    What are the chances that HHH was the "Bigger picture" that Nexus were always on about?

Considering the Nexus has shattered into two; I really doubt we'll ever actually get resolution to that storyline. Also, what happened to "Hail Caesar" Barrett started off with on SmackDown? Another dropped storyline.

Degag wrote: »
    Taker and HBK was the ME last year. I think they realised their mistake from the two years previous of not putting their best match on last.

You think they would've learnt from WMX8 having Tripper and Jericho in the dud main event of recent times going on after Rock/Hogan. At least they tried to inject a breather with the women's match between them.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Considering the Nexus has shattered into two; I really doubt we'll ever actually get resolution to that storyline. Also, what happened to "Hail Caesar" Barrett started off with on SmackDown? Another dropped storyline.

Yes I hate the way they drop storylines without any resolve - also was it ever explained how Barrett, Slater and Gabriel ended up on SD :confused:

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yes I hate the way they drop storylines without any resolve - also was it ever explained how Barrett, Slater and Gabriel ended up on SD :confused:

Although it's never said; I have possible kayfabe explanations for you :
    1) Their contracts just happened to run out and they signed with SmackDown
    2) Vicky Guerrero is the anonymous RAW GM that brokered the deal
    3) The talent barriers are (un)officially dropped (i.e. talent is free to move between either brand) as long as they can get past security :p

Advertisement