Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your 1000m row time!

Options
  • 19-01-2011 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭

Given that a lot of people likely hit the rower as part of their training, curious to know what your times for a 1000m row are? Want to gauge how I am doing :) I love rowing as it's one of those workouts you can really get stuck into and can't slack off on really - such a great exercise that works the whole body.

I did just over 4:30 (something like 4:34) in the gym earlier. Know I can do way better than that as I wasn't pushing myself until the end of the row when I wanted to get under 4:30. I think I did it in 1:50 before although I suspect that may have been 2:50! Not sure though but I know I was really pushing myself that time. I think 1000m is a great distance too as you can really push it.

1000m row - how long does it take you? 357 votes

Over 5 minutes
    0%
    [Deleted User] 1 vote
    Between 4 and 5 minutes
    10%
    Red AlerthardCopyReymanj@utisRoar83adrian522smiles302RemmyGERMAN ROCKSMeathlasspinkypinkyStone Deaf 4evrdermo1990MeetRealityPraetorian SaighdiuirdonglenUpTheSlashersMickJB1989Ironman76JennaJameson 36 votes
    Between 3 and 4 minutes
    38%
    tHE vAGGABONDRobboVokestuxyStench BlossomsTJMfeylya-Wheeler-jimmycrackcormakeadyZombienoshHungryJoeycorblimeyDegsyTobias GreeshmanSkrynesaverjoxers25JoeA3beldinRoen 136 votes
    Between 2 and 3 minutes
    47%
    Mollydannyd20DempseybrianonTorqueStickyMcGintySuprSiBaZmO*Calidenbtkm8unsl0w5r4toxofKhanniebohsmancolumokcousin_boratkarltimberDr_ColossusTransformDowntimeDoraDelite 168 votes
    Less than 2 minutes
    4%
    JakLia_liaabusingelveshelimachoptorInspector CoptoorRackstarGumbiPaul91lovelyonerdouble GGsteve9859stellioshefferboiMightyMandarinStar_Nupafitbill 16 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Between 2 and 3 minutes
    I think if you did it in 1:50 you'd be winning olympic medals. You sure you didn't do it in 3:50. 2:50 is also very very fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

Molly wrote: »
    I think if you did it in 1:50 you'd be winning olympic medals. You sure you didn't do it in 3:50. 2:50 is also very very fast.

Yeah the first time I rowed after the quick time I was looking at the display going there is no WAY you did it in 1:50! It was definitely something :50 though. I'd love to say 2:50 but much more likely 3:50 now that you mention it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

Between 2 and 3 minutes
    Think the last time I did it was around 3.40-3.45 and had a rake of other stuff to do once I got off the bloody rower!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭marathonic

Between 2 and 3 minutes
    I haven't done a 1000m. I've done a 5000m in a little under 22 minutes and then moved onto 10000m and, today, set my record so far of 44 mins, 26 seconds.

My aim is to eventually do the 10000m in 40 minutes. I've used the rower for a few weeks and the treadmill/bike before that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

I puked halfway through a 2k once.

So i can do 1000m in a sick time.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Between 2 and 3 minutes
    I can definitely do sub-4. Think I've done < 3min 30sec.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Between 2 and 3 minutes
    columok wrote: »
    Think the last time I did it was around 3.40-3.45 and had a rake of other stuff to do once I got off the bloody rower!

30 Jerks?

I might actually do this tomorrow to see.

d'Oracle wrote: »
    30 Jerks?

You should. I'm gonna be gunning for sub 4 over the next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

Between 2 and 3 minutes
    d'Oracle wrote:
    30 Jerks?

Thats the one dude. Failtastic especially with stupid double unders at the end. Similarly awful is Jackie (1000 Meter Row, 50 Thrusters, and 30 Pull Ups).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Less than 2 minutes
    Whoops. I meant between 3 and 4 minutes!

Fastest was just under 4mins, or around there. Used to row competitively.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Between 2 and 3 minutes
    I've done 3:50. Don't think i've done an all out 1km row though

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Between 2 and 3 minutes
    Chet Zar wrote: »
    I think I did it in 1:50 before although I suspect that may have been 2:50!
    I can safely say that you the above was 3.50

1:50.0 would be impossible
    2:50.3 is third on the list official records

so the options are a bit silly, 30s groups would be better, over say 3mins - 4:30+
    Lia_lia wrote: »
    Whoops. I meant between 3 and 4 minutes!

Fastest was just under 4mins, or around there. Used to row competitively.
    LoL, was think somebody is lying or misclicked.

I've never done a 1000m for time.
    My 500m time is 1:36 (3:12/1k)
    I've done 3000m in under 12min (4:00/1k)

So 1000m is 3:35min or so I'd say

Between 2 and 3 minutes
    columok wrote: »
    Thats the one dude. Failtastic especially with stupid double unders at the end. Similarly awful is Jackie (1000 Meter Row, 50 Thrusters, and 30 Pull Ups).

I scaled the double-unders when I did it. :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

< 2mins

(notsrs)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Maars

I've done a 3:07. Few years back now though.

Sometimes the newer Concept II rowing machines(Model D) can be fitted with one of the older monitors(from models B or C) and if it hasnt been configured for the new machine it can give ridiculous readings, so that could explain a 1:50 reading...but I'd lean towards the OP's bad memory explanation myself.

Between 2 and 3 minutes
    3:31 or therebouts.

Yeah looking over the poll results, increments of 30 seconds would better. I reckon sub-4 in any case is an indicator of a decent level of fitness, especially anaerobic fitness.

Yeah looking over the poll results, increments of 30 seconds would better. I reckon sub-4 in any case is an indicator of a decent level of fitness, especially anaerobic capacity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭petroltimer

Between 2 and 3 minutes
    i always do 1500m, my best time is 5:27 that was 10 years ago in college, did not do it again for a while, getting back into it and got it down to 5:54 the other day, i wonder can i break 5:27 or at the grand age of 30 am i over the hill :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Between 2 and 3 minutes
    Nobody will ever do sub 2mins. I would hazard a guess that if Rob Waddell in his prime did a 1k he would see a time close to 2m40 or so.

The debate would be if the 500m world record holder could last another 500m?

Personally I see no one going sub 2m30.

I never did a 1k but when rowing I would of being good for just under 3m as in 2m56 or so and now somewhere between 3m20-3m40.

With a bit of work on the erg 3m10.

Must get back to the erg!:D

• Advertisement

Cool, I'm gonna be hitting the rower either tomorrow or early next week so will post my time and everyone else keep posting theirs - this could be a good thread for keeping track!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Ive only done 2k for 6:40, afterwards i have to lie down in the aerobics room on the mats for a bit, absolute torture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Between 2 and 3 minutes
    Just to point out the bleedin obvious - a 1000m is a long when when pushing hard - a very long way!:D

Might try this one of the days if brave enough!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I don't use the rower often, normally do 2000m when I do, depending on the mood it takes anywhere between 8.15 and 8.40, nothing special. But I now the first 1000 is usually done under 4 mins.

I will try the 1000m as a stand alone and see how I go.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Between 3 and 4 minutes
    I usually do rowing at the end of my cardio (running) session as it's a nice way to finish yourself off. I'd do 1000m in between 4 mins and 4:20. Must do it at the start of a workout to see how I do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭petroltimer

Between 2 and 3 minutes
    jugger0 wrote: »
    Ive only done 2k for 6:40, afterwards i have to lie down in the aerobics room on the mats for a bit, absolute torture.

thats an amazing time for 2k

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Between 2 and 3 minutes

Indeed. Very impressive. Well inside the top 10% in the world if it was on a concept 2.

edit: Nobody should infer that I'm suggesting the guy didn't get it! It's definitely achievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Khannie wrote: »
    Indeed. Very impressive. Well inside the top 10% in the world if it was on a concept 2.

edit: Nobody should infer that I'm suggesting the guy didn't get it! It's definitely achievable.

I told my friend my time, hes a rower, and he said it was good for a rugby player but nothing special!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Khannie wrote: »
    Nah 6:40 is club level!
    Now 6:10 is something else.... :P

My best 1000m was 3:04 :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Between 2 and 3 minutes
    Nah 6:40 is club level!
    Now 6:10 is something else.... :P

My best 1000m was 3:04 :pac:

Club level?

I had a look at the world records, 14th on the list is 6:42.5

Maybe i'm missing something.