Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 321 Verified rep eMobile: Steve

steve_cass wrote: »
    Hi Steve,

Have you found out if E-mobile are stocking the new Samsung Galaxy tabs yet

Thanks.

Hi There Steve,

We have the current Tab available in our stores... Just waiting on an update on the new tab. It's being reviewed at the moment so I should have confirmation about this in June.

-Steve

NewImage.jpg

For this weekend only get a FREE Samsung Galaxy S on Select Unlimited Talk&Text or Select Unlimited plans.

This offer is exclusive to our retail stores and ends on Sunday 22nd May so be sure not to miss out!

To find your nearest store visit http://www.emobile.ie/

Be sure to tell your family and friends!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Hi,

I am interested in switching to eMobile and using my iPhone 4. Do you provide Micro Sims?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭newwifey

Hi Steve
    At the start of May I switched to emobile after more than a decade with O2. I bought a HTC Desire S. Immediately the phone started giving problems. Specifically with the mic. I can hear everyone clearly but they can't hear me. I was instructed to check the phone & sim by testing it in another emobile phone, which I did in the local emobile store. Sim was fine - therefore problem is with the phone. Shop staff wouldn't accommodate my request to return the phone as I bought it online.

So I called emobile again today who will arrange for the phone to be returned for 'testing'. However they have no temporary phones in stock to give me while my new one is in for repairs! As this is a business phone I simply can't be without it for a week or two while repairs are carried out. Is this the norm?

Emobile online have no 'spare' phone and emobile shops refuse to lend one out.
    Having googled the issue it seems its a well documented fault with HTC phones.

Not the best of starts to be honest....

Hi,

I am interested in switching to eMobile and using my iPhone 4. Do you provide Micro Sims?

Hi There,

We do indeed you can get them from any of our stores.

Hope this helps,

-Steve

• Advertisement

newwifey wrote: »
    Hi Steve
    At the start of May I switched to emobile after more than a decade with O2. I bought a HTC Desire S. Immediately the phone started giving problems. Specifically with the mic. I can hear everyone clearly but they can't hear me. I was instructed to check the phone & sim by testing it in another emobile phone, which I did in the local emobile store. Sim was fine - therefore problem is with the phone. Shop staff wouldn't accommodate my request to return the phone as I bought it online.

So I called emobile again today who will arrange for the phone to be returned for 'testing'. However they have no temporary phones in stock to give me while my new one is in for repairs! As this is a business phone I simply can't be without it for a week or two while repairs are carried out. Is this the norm?

Emobile online have no 'spare' phone and emobile shops refuse to lend one out.
    Having googled the issue it seems its a well documented fault with HTC phones.

Not the best of starts to be honest....

Hi There,

Sorry to hear about that.

Would you please be able to PM me your account number so I can check the account details?

Thanks,

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭newwifey

Hi Steve
    Any news on my query? I pm'ed you on Tuesday.
    Cheers

newwifey wrote: »
    Hi Steve
    Any news on my query? I pm'ed you on Tuesday.
    Cheers
    Hi Sinead,

I sent you a PM back regarding this issue. Could you check it out and come back to me on it? Just need to clarify this before I proceed. (If you didn't get it let me know and i'll send it again).

Thanks,

-Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 12 T1978

Hi Steve,
    I bought a phone recently with emobile and was told in the shop that i would be able to access free hotspots around the country. The guy in the shop mentioned dublin airport specifically. I wasn't able to logon to any of the hotspots in the airport and i have since been trying to get information about this service through the call centre, which has proved to be incredibly poor.
    The emobile site says that all you have to do is logon for the first time with your username and password and you won't have to do it again.
    My problem is that i do not have a username and password. I only have my mobile phone number and my pin. I rang customer care asking what my username and password would be and this opened up a world of contradicitng information and pain...

Today i went to test connecting to a hotspot in town that was advertised on the emobile site to see if i could use it but again this time i was prompted for a wep key which i obviously didn't have, and still no username and password.

Am I wrong in thinking that i should be able to connect to these hotspots for free? I do not have eircom at home or anything like that, just a smartphone with a data package. I was assured by the guy in the shop that this would be possible. Can you please clarify this for me?

Regards,
    T1978

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

With regard to the seven 10 offer I have a few queries. I understand there is 260 free if porting. Therefore how is the 20 per month bonus paid? On what day?
    How much should I have in credit prior to signing for the 7/10 offer if I top up 5 a week, considering I will get another 5 a week to cover the 7/10 offer to allow it to continue over a year.
    I persume you allow 5 euro a week scheduled top ups to allow me to get the 20 bonus credit and avail of the 7/10 offer.
    Many thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

T1978 wrote: »
    Hi Steve,
    I bought a phone recently with emobile and was told in the shop that i would be able to access free hotspots around the country. The guy in the shop mentioned dublin airport specifically. I wasn't able to logon to any of the hotspots in the airport and i have since been trying to get information about this service through the call centre, which has proved to be incredibly poor.
    The emobile site says that all you have to do is logon for the first time with your username and password and you won't have to do it again.
    My problem is that i do not have a username and password. I only have my mobile phone number and my pin. I rang customer care asking what my username and password would be and this opened up a world of contradicitng information and pain...

Today i went to test connecting to a hotspot in town that was advertised on the emobile site to see if i could use it but again this time i was prompted for a wep key which i obviously didn't have, and still no username and password.

Am I wrong in thinking that i should be able to connect to these hotspots for free? I do not have eircom at home or anything like that, just a smartphone with a data package. I was assured by the guy in the shop that this would be possible. Can you please clarify this for me?

Regards,
    T1978

Hi T1978,

What phone are you using? The free wi-fi is available to our BBTG customers but if I know my info about the query I can assist further.

-Steve

lomb wrote: »
    With regard to the seven 10 offer I have a few queries. I understand there is 260 free if porting. Therefore how is the 20 per month bonus paid? On what day?
    How much should I have in credit prior to signing for the 7/10 offer if I top up 5 a week, considering I will get another 5 a week to cover the 7/10 offer to allow it to continue over a year.
    I persume you allow 5 euro a week scheduled top ups to allow me to get the 20 bonus credit and avail of the 7/10 offer.
    Many thanks in advance.

Hi Lomb,

The free credit is usually disptached on or around the 10th of each month.

In order to avail of the free credit you can top up by a minimum of €10 per week (that will also keep your promotion active),however you will need to top up by a minumum of €20 per month to get the bonus credit.

So for instance,you can top up by €40 a month if you like but you will only need to top up by €20 per month to avail of the bonus credit. €5 top ups cannot be scheduled to avail of the bonus credit.

Hope this helps,

-Steve

The unlimited package with eMobile!

Get unlimited calls, texts and data & a FREE iPhone 4 for only €69 a month for eircom customers (€79 a month for non-eircom customers).

And to celebrate the launch of iPhone, we are giving you a chance to win a white iPhone 4. To enter just follow this link http://on.fb.me/hffPCE

iphone_4_big_3.jpg

-Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 dunnariogh

hi steve,im on the 200 minutes 2oo text plan on a samsung galaxy s,my query is,why am i getting charged for internet use when im on my wi fi broadband at home,phone says im connected,but im still getting charged when i check my bill online?

dunnariogh wrote: »
    hi steve,im on the 200 minutes 2oo text plan on a samsung galaxy s,my query is,why am i getting charged for internet use when im on my wi fi broadband at home,phone says im connected,but im still getting charged when i check my bill online?

Hi There,

You will only get charged for data usage when you phone connects to the network....Is your broadband intermittent i.e. is it dropping out of range of the phone, while you are online.

-Steve

hi steve,broadband isnt intermittent,uninstalled all apps,made sure none are running,also says online im using data in the early hours when im in bed??,tbh im sorry i switched to emobile,not using phone anymore,using an old unlocked phone,will be moving back to old network,thanks.

hi steve,broadband isnt intermittent,uninstalled all apps,made sure none are running,also says online im using data in the early hours when im in bed??,tbh im sorry i switched to emobile,not using phone anymore,using an old unlocked phone,will be moving back to old network,thanks.

Hi There,

If you would like me to investigate this please just DM me your number. If the internet is being accessed through the network I can check when this happened and resolve this for you.

-Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 12 T1978

Hi T1978,

What phone are you using? The free wi-fi is available to our BBTG customers but if I know my info about the query I can assist further.

-Steve

It's a HTC desire , no bbtg, just the 1 gig data add-on like I said.
    Looks like Andy in your Henry street store was lying thru his teeth!
    Fantastic way to do business...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭long_b

Hi Steve,
    Do eMobile get full whack speed-wise from Meteor?
    Can I use the Meteor APN with an emobile SIM or do I have to use the eMobile one ?
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

long_b wrote: »
    Hi Steve,
    Do eMobile get full whack speed-wise from Meteor?
    Can I use the Meteor APN with an emobile SIM or do I have to use the eMobile one ?
    Cheers

Hi long_B,

I will look into this for you and get back to you.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Mark,

The following is posted on your website under addons:

http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/addons/

"Do you use your mobile alot for email and internet browsing?
    If so, we recommend you buy a data add-on otherwise you will be charged 2c per MB in the EU, Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein and 2c per KB in all other countries."

Am I correct in saying that your data add ons therefore include the use of data abroad?

Mark,

The following is posted on your website under addons:

http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/addons/

"Do you use your mobile alot for email and internet browsing?
    If so, we recommend you buy a data add-on otherwise you will be charged 2c per MB in the EU, Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein and 2c per KB in all other countries."

Am I correct in saying that your data add ons therefore include the use of data abroad?

Hi Gunnerfitzy,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention... I'll get this checked now.

As an aside, data bundles should not work overseas when roaming.

Thanks,

-Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

Hi may I ask is the 300euro deposit guaranteed to be returned on the 6th bill?

I would like it to be returned to my bank account as opposed to credit on my bill, if you could clarify this for me I would appreciate it!

many thanks

Hi may I ask is the 300euro deposit guaranteed to be returned on the 6th bill?

I would like it to be returned to my bank account as opposed to credit on my bill, if you could clarify this for me I would appreciate it!

many thanks

Hi There,

It's returned in the 6th month/7th bill. It is returned as a credit on the account but if you give us a call once you receive your bill we can arrange to have it transferred back to your bank account for you.

Hope this helps,

-Steve

Hi Gunnerfitzy,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention... I'll get this checked now.

As an aside, data bundles should not work overseas when roaming.

Thanks,

-Steve

Anything further on this steve?

hi steve,how much internet browsing would i get from the 1gb add on?

Anything further on this steve?

Just waiting on the offical line however we are updating to the page to reflect this. As an aside data charging will work as below:

For data roaming, customers will be charged per MB in the EU, Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein and 2c per KB in all other countries, whether they have a data bundle or not.

Within the EU, customers are charged 99c per MB. In all other roaming destinations, customers using data while roaming are charged at 1c per kb (€10.24 per MB). Just in relation to displaying this rate on the website, ComReg are insistent that, where we quote rates on a per kb basis, we must also provide the per MB rate. So the rate for data roaming outside the EU should always appear as “1c per kb (€10.24 per MB)”.

Once I get clarification that the page has been changed I'll let you know.

Thanks,

Steve

hi steve,how much internet browsing would i get from the 1gb add on?

Hi There,

There is loads of mobile internet allowance within 1GB.

• View 1,200 web pages
    • View 1,200 email without attachments
    • Upload/download 70 documents or Videos
    • Download 70 MP3 music files (3.5 mins average)
    • Download 70 short videos (3 mins)
    • Download 70 mobile games or programs

Hope this helps,

Steve

Hi There,

There is loads of mobile internet allowance within 1GB.

• View 1,200 web pages
    • View 1,200 email without attachments
    • Upload/download 70 documents or Videos
    • Download 70 MP3 music files (3.5 mins average)
    • Download 70 short videos (3 mins)
    • Download 70 mobile games or programs
    Hope this helps,

Steve
    thanks,got a samsung galaxy s with the 200 minute ,200 text plan,think i need the add on for the internet,should the phone be using data during the night when not in use?

• Advertisement

thanks,got a samsung galaxy s with the 200 minute ,200 text plan,think i need the add on for the internet,should the phone be using data during the night when not in use?

Hi There,

If you have any apps on the phone that require constant access to the net then they will access it as required so you will need a data bundle if you plan on using them.

Would you like me to apply a data add on to your account? If so please let me know and I'll let you know the various options available to you.

Hope this helps,

-Steve

Advertisement