Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 321 Verified rep eMobile: Steve

steve_cass wrote: »
    Hi Steve,

I am an emobile billpay cust and while I am very happy with the service, the phone that I got is giving me a lot of trouble. It a Sony Erricsson Xperia mini. At the start it would not download from the Android market ,through either wifi or the 3g connection. Then is stopped connecting to wifi , which a reset helped to fix.
    Now the phone will not turn on at all and the power light is flashing. Very dissatisfied with this phone ,there seems to ba slways something going wrong with it. Is it possible to get this phone exchaged for another phone, a different model would be preferable.

Thanks,
    Stephen.

Hi Stephen,

How long have you had the phone for?

-Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 steve_cass

Hi Steve ,

I have the phone since about Oct last , not 100% sure the exact date but definately less than 4 or 5 months.

Hi Steve,

You can find out information on our repairs/returns policy here: http://bit.ly/emGQav.

If you have any questions about this please just let me know and I'll be happy to help.

-Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 18 kirra

No problem, I'll ask them to do that now. You can also edit your post to remove your email address too as I have a copy of it now.

-Steve
    Hi Steve,

Do you mind checking with the credit team about the mail , I haven't received any mail yet.

Thanks,

Kiran

kirra wrote: »
    Hi Steve,

Do you mind checking with the credit team about the mail , I haven't received any mail yet.

Thanks,

Kiran

Hi Kiran,

Could you check your Junk/Spam folders? I got confirmation this sent the other day but if you've not received it I will follow up for you now.

Thanks,

Steven

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭bretttp1

Hi Steve,

I am looking to buy the Samsung Omnia 7 on your network, but the only thing stopping me is the fact that e mobile only stocks the 8 gb version of this phone. Could you tell me if e mobile are going to stock the 16 gb version any time soon.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gypsies

Hi Steve. This post is more to warn other people about eMobile rather than a direct message to you. I have lost all faith in eMobile and yesterday filed a complaint with commreg. For any of you thinking of changing over to eMobile, I would strongly advise against it. We were told a bunch of lies about the service that we would receive by changing over from 02. It seems that Emobile phones cannot receive eircom.net e-mails!?!? The reason I signed up with eMobile was to have a phone on which I could check my business e-mails regularly. I have had the phone since October last and have been unable to receive any e-mails. eMobile staff ignore my complaints/calls/pleads for help. They are great at promising things, but never come forward with it. In December, they were supposed to be sending me out an upgraded device, but it never arrived. I have made countless phone calls and sent countless e-mails to Business Support, to no avail. eMobile are a joke as far as I'm concerned.

bretttp1 wrote: »
    Hi Steve,

I am looking to buy the Samsung Omnia 7 on your network, but the only thing stopping me is the fact that e mobile only stocks the 8 gb version of this phone. Could you tell me if e mobile are going to stock the 16 gb version any time soon.

Thanks.

Hi bretttp1,

I'm just waiting on confirmation now on this... Once I get it I'll let you know.

-Steve

Gypsies wrote: »
    Hi Steve. This post is more to warn other people about eMobile rather than a direct message to you. I have lost all faith in eMobile and yesterday filed a complaint with commreg. For any of you thinking of changing over to eMobile, I would strongly advise against it. We were told a bunch of lies about the service that we would receive by changing over from 02. It seems that Emobile phones cannot receive eircom.net e-mails!?!? The reason I signed up with eMobile was to have a phone on which I could check my business e-mails regularly. I have had the phone since October last and have been unable to receive any e-mails. eMobile staff ignore my complaints/calls/pleads for help. They are great at promising things, but never come forward with it. In December, they were supposed to be sending me out an upgraded device, but it never arrived. I have made countless phone calls and sent countless e-mails to Business Support, to no avail. eMobile are a joke as far as I'm concerned.

Hi Gypsies,

I'm sorry to hear about this.

If you could PM me your number I will get this escalated immediately to one of my colleagues on the business care team. Could you also please let me know what phone you're using/what phone you we're meant to receive?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Gypsies,

I'm sorry to hear about this.

If you could PM me your number I will get this escalated immediately to one of my colleagues on the business care team. Could you also please let me know what phone you're using/what phone you we're meant to receive?

Thanks,

Steve
    Good Morning Steve - forgive my stupidity, but how do I PM you?

• Advertisement

Good Morning Steve - forgive my stupidity, but how do I PM you?

Hi Gypsies,

It's no problem.

Just click on my name and you'll see a drop down box. In the drop down box you'll see an option to "send private message". Click on that and it will bring you to another screen where you can send me the message.

-Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Havana Hope

I, also, am not able to recieve texts from networks in the UK. The only one I can recieve texts from is O2 and I have just found out that someone I texted in the USA responded to my text and I did not recieve.

I certainly am not going to be contacting people on other(numerous) networks asking them to check with their networks why emobile cannot recieve texts.

Absolute joke of a service if you cannot recieve texts from foreign networks, a basic requirement and assumption when you buy a mobile and then when I brought this up with customer services, they said it was not their fault and it was up to the customers on the other networks to raise the issue with their own networks! It is not up to the customer to do the work for emobile.

If you have friends living abroad, DO NOT buy an emobile phone.

When my next bundle runs out, I will be switching.

I, also, am not able to recieve texts from networks in the UK. The only one I can recieve texts from is O2 and I have just found out that someone I texted in the USA responded to my text and I did not recieve.

I certainly am not going to be contacting people on other(numerous) networks asking them to check with their networks why emobile cannot recieve texts.

Absolute joke of a service if you cannot recieve texts from foreign networks, a basic requirement and assumption when you buy a mobile and then when I brought this up with customer services, they said it was not their fault and it was up to the customers on the other networks to raise the issue with their own networks! It is not up to the customer to do the work for emobile.

If you have friends living abroad, DO NOT buy an emobile phone.

When my next bundle runs out, I will be switching.

Hi Havana Hope,

Sorry to hear about the issues that you are having.

I would note though that we do need to clarify on which end of the line that the problem lies. It helps us localize the problem so we can resolve the issue quicker and more efficiently for you and is no way an attempt to make you do most of the groundwork.

If you want to drop me a PM with your number I will be more than happy to get tech to take a look at this. If you could also let me know the networks your friends are on I will check that your profile is set up to receive messages from them.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Good Morning Steve - I want to thank you for taking my problem on board. I am very happy with how eMobile has finally dealt with the issue. I am confident that I will now be able to receive my e-mails on the handset issued to me originally. Thank you for your help.

Good Morning Steve - I want to thank you for taking my problem on board. I am very happy with how eMobile has finally dealt with the issue. I am confident that I will now be able to receive my e-mails on the handset issued to me originally. Thank you for your help.

Hi Noreen,

I'm glad to hear that you're happy with the resolution to this issue. If you ever need anything else from myself just let me know and i'll be happy to help you.

-Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 scottishriver

Hi steve i want to know what eircom thinks on phone slamming as it has just happend to me with eircom.
    I had a eircom rep call to my door on the 3/2/11 now i am with vodafone just now and have 6 months left on my contract and i old the agent that and he said ask vodafone to release you from your contract so i said i would, and signed back to eircom he also said i have 7 day cooling off period just incase vodafone would not release me that was fine.
    But vodafone would not release me but just cancel the contract with a hefty bill so i phoned eircom back on the 8/2/11 and cancelled the contract the lady on the phone said thats no bother(let the fun begin).
    so now yesterday 14/2/11 i get a txt from eircom saying welcome to eircom so i phoned them up and was told that i placed a order on the
    13/1/11 to change over which i did not i remember eircom riging me up
    asking to go back and i said send me some imfomation thats all.
    Now after ringing up vodafone i rang eircom back and was told the order
    went through on the 3/2/11 not the 13/1/11 so i phoned vodafone again
    and then eircom again and guess what eircom told me again this morning
    that it was placed on the 13/1/11 so someone is telling porkies to cover
    someone elses greedy ass.
    I have made a official complaint to eircom but i am stuck with my broadband with vodafone and my phone with eircom until eircom
    send my account number out so i can get this mess sorted.
    The ideal situation would be eircom pay my cancelation fee
    to vodafone and componsation:) and i stay with .
    So what do you reckon steve.:mad:

Hi steve i want to know what eircom thinks on phone slamming as it has just happend to me with eircom.
    I had a eircom rep call to my door on the 3/2/11 now i am with vodafone just now and have 6 months left on my contract and i old the agent that and he said ask vodafone to release you from your contract so i said i would, and signed back to eircom he also said i have 7 day cooling off period just incase vodafone would not release me that was fine.
    But vodafone would not release me but just cancel the contract with a hefty bill so i phoned eircom back on the 8/2/11 and cancelled the contract the lady on the phone said thats no bother(let the fun begin).
    so now yesterday 14/2/11 i get a txt from eircom saying welcome to eircom so i phoned them up and was told that i placed a order on the
    I have made a official complaint to eircom but i am stuck with my broadband with vodafone and my phone with eircom until eircom

Hi scottishriver,

Sorry to hear about the above.

I'll ask the Eircom lads to take a look at this one for you.

Thanks,

-Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi scottishriver,

Can you priate message me with your telephone number or address and I can look into the issue for you.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Kiran,

Could you check your Junk/Spam folders? I got confirmation this sent the other day but if you've not received it I will follow up for you now.

Thanks,

Steven
    Hi Steve,

Sorry , I haven't received any. Thanks a lot for your effort. Do you mind checking it again please, my email id - enjoy.life2020@gmail.com

Hi Steve,

Sorry , I haven't received any. Thanks a lot for your effort. Do you mind checking it again please, my email id - enjoy.life2020@gmail.com

Hi Kirra,

I'll check this out now and come back to you shortly.

-Steve

• Advertisement

Hi Kirra,

I'll check this out now and come back to you shortly.

-Steve
    HI Steve,

I haven't yet received any mails. Is there an issue with it.

Thanks,

Kiran

HI Steve,

I haven't yet received any mails. Is there an issue with it.

Thanks,

Kiran

Hi Kiran,

I requested the mail to be sent to you again... Could you confirm your email address again just to make it was sent to the right place?

-Steve

Hi Kiran,

I requested the mail to be sent to you again... Could you confirm your email address again just to make it was sent to the right place?

-Steve
    Hi Steve,

My email address is enjoy.life2020@gmail.com

Thanks,

Kiran

Hi Steve,

My email address is enjoy.life2020@gmail.com

Thanks,

Kiran

Hi Kiran,

I'll check that now and get back to you soon.

-Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 22 deyey

Hi Steve,
    I'm considering moving to eMobile, however I don't want to take a new phone and sign up to a 12 month contract yet. If I do start by taking a 30 day contract, are the same discounted rates on phones available for someone already on a 30 day contract or are they only available for people who are first-time subscribers?

Hi Deyey,

I'd imagine that these rates would apply to you but I'll double check with our sales team now and let you know for definite.

-Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kao123

On Saturday last I had a look at the eMobile website as I am looking to change my phone, I saw I could get the Desire HD for €169 on the Select 300 plan for 12 months which sounded ideal for me.

I called my nearest eMobile store and was told yes we have them in stock and I could get one today no problem.

I called into the store and the very nice lady behind the counter answered all my questions, and proceeded to get me sorted with the phone, I had my Drivers License, utility bill and even though I
    am on billpay with O2 I am not tied to any contract so she entered my details and then when it came to pay she advised me that I had to pay a €100 deposit !!!!

Now I am aware that people have been asked for up to €300 deposits as I have read in other threads but my point is this, where in the store and where on the website when you are tyring to buy a
    product does it state CLEARLY that you may be asked for a deposit?

I am NOW fully aware that deposits are covered in the T&C's but at at no point during the transaction was this mentioned until it came to asking for money from the customer.

I also asked why this deposit was required and what criteria was it based on, to which the lady said she didn't know, at this point I cancelled the transaction and left empty handed.

Anyway can someone from eMobile explain the deposit system and how it is worked out and why it applies to some cusotmers, I planned to buy a product for €169 plus €49 per month so I expected to pay
    €218 on saturday as per the website and instore advertising, yet the actual price was €318, isn't there some advertising authority rules on this type of behaviour maybe ??

I have had my billpay account for well over 10 years and have never been asked for a deposit for a phone ever.

kao123 wrote: »
    On Saturday last I had a look at the eMobile website as I am looking to change my phone, I saw I could get the Desire HD for €169 on the Select 300 plan for 12 months which sounded ideal for me.

I called my nearest eMobile store and was told yes we have them in stock and I could get one today no problem.

I called into the store and the very nice lady behind the counter answered all my questions, and proceeded to get me sorted with the phone, I had my Drivers License, utility bill and even though I
    am on billpay with O2 I am not tied to any contract so she entered my details and then when it came to pay she advised me that I had to pay a €100 deposit !!!!

Now I am aware that people have been asked for up to €300 deposits as I have read in other threads but my point is this, where in the store and where on the website when you are tyring to buy a
    product does it state CLEARLY that you may be asked for a deposit?

I am NOW fully aware that deposits are covered in the T&C's but at at no point during the transaction was this mentioned until it came to asking for money from the customer.

I also asked why this deposit was required and what criteria was it based on, to which the lady said she didn't know, at this point I cancelled the transaction and left empty handed.

Anyway can someone from eMobile explain the deposit system and how it is worked out and why it applies to some cusotmers, I planned to buy a product for €169 plus €49 per month so I expected to pay
    €218 on saturday as per the website and instore advertising, yet the actual price was €318, isn't there some advertising authority rules on this type of behaviour maybe ??

I have had my billpay account for well over 10 years and have never been asked for a deposit for a phone ever.

Hi Kao123,

Sorry to hear the above.

All bill pay applications are subject to credit vetting that may occasionally result in a deposit being required. It’s all dependant on the customers credit rating and the product they are purchasing so the deposit varies. If they do pay a deposit it will be refunded after their 6th bill so means they will have a credit on their 7th bill that can be used against future bills.

If you would like to find out why you were asked for a deposit you can contact our credit control team for more information on this. I can send you over the details via PM if you like?

-Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kao123

Hi Kao123,

Sorry to hear the above.

All bill pay applications are subject to credit vetting that may occasionally result in a deposit being required. It’s all dependant on the customers credit rating and the product they are purchasing so the deposit varies. If they do pay a deposit it will be refunded after their 6th bill so means they will have a credit on their 7th bill that can be used against future bills.

If you would like to find out why you were asked for a deposit you can contact our credit control team for more information on this. I can send you over the details via PM if you like?

-Steve

Hi Steve,
    thanks for the reply , if you could forward on those details I'd appreciate it.

Kao123

• Advertisement

Hi Kao123,

I Pm'd you there.

-Steve

Advertisement