Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

It might help if you sent him the emails via PM, without blocking out half of the email.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭HelpWithIT

Sully wrote: »
    It might help if you sent him the emails via PM, without blocking out half of the email.

I've sent Steve the order number which will give him all the details he needs and the only items that are blocked out are my personal details, the reason I posted them as a thread is so that everyone who is interested in this thread is able to see how they operate.

• Company Representative Posts: 321 Verified rep eMobile: Steve

RepairMyPC wrote: »
    I've sent Steve the order number which will give him all the details he needs and the only items that are blocked out are my personal details, the reason I posted them as a thread is so that everyone who is interested in this thread is able to see how they operate.

Hi Mick,

Thanks for sending that on.

I have forwarded that on to the team responsible now to find out why you were asked for the second deposit.

Once I get an update I'll let you know.

Hope this helps,

-Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 11 z0wkey

hello emobile folks - Steve and team, Hopefully you can help me I've been onto customer care for over an hour today and about 5 times previously as well as email. When my account was set up they accidentally set me up with two accounts - and thus charged me twice for the same phone. Since then one of the accounts was closed and a credit note issued for 78 euro. However no one can figure out how to actually give me back the money (it's off my credit card so why not just put it back on there?). Anyway some help would be great please as it seems I'm at a dead end. Regards, John

z0wkey wrote: »
    hello emobile folks - Steve and team, Hopefully you can help me I've been onto customer care for over an hour today and about 5 times previously as well as email. When my account was set up they accidentally set me up with two accounts - and thus charged me twice for the same phone. Since then one of the accounts was closed and a credit note issued for 78 euro. However no one can figure out how to actually give me back the money (it's off my credit card so why not just put it back on there?). Anyway some help would be great please as it seems I'm at a dead end. Regards, John

Hi John,

Can you PM me the account numbers in question.There may be a way to transfer it on to the account you are using currently (and from there get it back to you).

Hope this helps,

Steven

• Advertisement

I'll pm on order number now:
    Content of 1st email 26-08-2011:
    You must email us proof of ID (photocopy of passport / driving license) to salessupport@eircom.ie stating "Sales Order Documents" in the subject field along with your Online Order Number. Or you can post copies of the documents to eMobile Sales Support, 3rd Floor Telephone House, Marlborough Street, Freepost - F4418, Dublin 1.
    We cannot complete your order until we receive this information. Your order will then be posted to you within 5 working days
    Track the status of your order on www.anpost.ie - we will email a tracking number

Getting Started with your new iPhone

Please follow our step by step instructions on how to set-up your new iPhone. Visit www.emobile.ie/iphone/gettingstarted/

We recommend you

Enable roaming by calling 1800 690 000 and select the eMobile option, (you need this for your phone to work in Northern Ireland).

Your order details

Name: MR Mick *****

Delivery address:

Billing address:

eircom account number: *******

Landline number: 01 *******

Email address: *********

Contact phone number: *******

Transfer mobile number: *********

Initial payment details

iPhone 4 16GB black

Phone Deposit

FREE

€195.00

Total upfront payments

€195.00

Payment by credit card
    Monthly payment details

Select Smart Unlimited - iPhone 4 16GB - 24 months

24 months

€69.00

/month

Total month payments

€69.00

Payment by direct debit

Please note that all prices include VAT and you may be bound to a contract.
    Need to contact us?
    2nd email 29-08-2011:
    Dear ************

Thank you for ordering your new eMobile Bill Pay account on the 29.08.11 online. You have ordered the following:

Sales Order Number: ******

Tariff Plan: Select Smart Unlimited - 24 Months

When you were ordering online it asked you to pay €195.00 deposit to set up your eMobile bill pay account. After processing your order on our system it requires an additional deposit of €255.00 this is fully refundable on your 7th bill and is taken for security reasons to set up your bill pay account.

We have tried on several occasions to contact you by phone.

If you wish to proceed with the order you can call in on 01 7011572 to make the payment via credit card.

Alternatively if you do not wish to proceed with the order please contact us either by phone or email and we can cancel the order.

The Emobile Team.

3rd email 01-09-2011:

Dear Mick,

Thank you for ordering your new eMobile Bill Pay account on the 29/08/11 online. You have ordered the following:

Sales Order Number: *******

Tariff Plan: Select Smart Unlimited 24 Months

Handset Type : Apple iphone 4 16Gig Black

To proceed with your order we require a €450 deposit. This is fully refundable on your 7th bill and is taken for security reasons to set up your bill pay account.

We have tried on several occasions to contact you via email and phonecall.

If you wish to proceed with the order you can call in on 01 7011572 to make the payment via credit card.

Alternatively if you do not wish to proceed with the order please contact us either by phone or email and we can cancel the order.

The Emobile Team.

Hi Mick,

Could you PM me a contact number I could give you a call on...?

Thanks,

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭paddyjoe183

Hi Steve,

Can you confirm if there is any data add ons for prepay emobile customers? Im interested in joining emobile prepay but would only be willing to do so if I could get about a 1GB of monthly data usage.

Cheers

Hi Steve,

Can you confirm if there is any data add ons for prepay emobile customers? Im interested in joining emobile prepay but would only be willing to do so if I could get about a 1GB of monthly data usage.

Cheers

Hi PaddyJoe,

You can view all of our PAYG plans here:

http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/plans/prepay/

Data on PAYG is charged at 99c up to 50mb.

-Steve

Hi Mick,

Could you PM me a contact number I could give you a call on...?

Thanks,

Steve

Got a call from emobile support today and deposit issue blamed on computer glitch
    They apologized and I accepted and have taken them u on their offer which just requires normal deposit.
    Thanks for your replies Steve
    The "openness" of the Boards seems to get customer results (-;

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭paddyjoe183

Hi PaddyJoe,

You can view all of our PAYG plans here:

http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/plans/prepay/

Data on PAYG is charged at 99c up to 50mb.

-Steve

With the €20 in one go every 30 days, can you get an add on for the month of data?
    I will on the monthly plans you can add 1GB for 7.50 or 15GB for 15eur, can this not be done with prepay?

• Advertisement

Got a call from emobile support today and deposit issue blamed on computer glitch
    They apologized and I accepted and have taken them u on their offer which just requires normal deposit.

I'm gald to hear that Mick and again sorry for any hassle caused. If you need anything else just let me know and i'll be happy to help.

-Steve

With the €20 in one go every 30 days, can you get an add on for the month of data?
    I will on the monthly plans you can add 1GB for 7.50 or 15GB for 15eur, can this not be done with prepay?

Hi PaddyJoe,

No we don’t however it is something that we’re looking into at the moment... We do have Seven15 if you're looking for data though![/COLOR]

-Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 11 z0wkey

Hi John,

Can you PM me the account numbers in question.There may be a way to transfer it on to the account you are using currently (and from there get it back to you).

Hope this helps,

Steven

Thanks for reply will PM a/c numbers to you now.

J

I switched my business account from another carrier to emobile last week mainly because of disastrous customer service. I contacted emobile on Monday to have my old number switched across to the new emobile account. Its now Friday and this still has not happened, i have been in contact with the emobile support team all week and have been given various excuses. I would like this sorted in then next few hours or emobile can have their phone back

I switched my business account from another carrier to emobile last week mainly because of disastrous customer service. I contacted emobile on Monday to have my old number switched across to the new emobile account. Its now Friday and this still has not happened, i have been in contact with the emobile support team all week and have been given various excuses. I would like this sorted in then next few hours or emobile can have their phone back

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that.

Could you PM me your number and i'll check this out?

Thanks,

-Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭KMM

Hi,

Ok so I'm going to cut to the chase on this one.

I purchased emobile broadband last week (Sep. 5th) on a contract of €9.99 for 10GB. I contacted customer care today to query my usage as I wasn't sure if I was reading the emobile pop-up screen correctly. I was told that my usage was correct @ 6.6GB and that my bill will be €59 or there about. And my new allowance will begin on the 15th. This of course make no sense, it my usage limit is 10GB and I've only used 6.6GB...right?
    I was then told that I would have only receive 1/3 of my allowance for that month and that I have in fact gone over it.....

So here lies the problem. A) I was never informed on the day of purchase that I was only going to be allocated 1/3 of my monthly allowance until the 15th and B) customer care can do nothing to help me until I have actually received my bill.

Can someone please make sense of this for me? Because there is no way that I will be paying that amount if I am charged.

Also just another softer query, is 10GB a decent amount of usage allowance. I'm a college student and use the net allot for course work, and I also stream TV (RTE player etc) from time to time.

Anyone who can help me, here's a massive thank you in advance

KMM wrote: »
    Hi,

Ok so I'm going to cut to the chase on this one.

I purchased emobile broadband last week (Sep. 5th) on a contract of €9.99 for 10GB. I contacted customer care today to query my usage as I wasn't sure if I was reading the emobile pop-up screen correctly. I was told that my usage was correct @ 6.6GB and that my bill will be €59 or there about. And my new allowance will begin on the 15th. This of course make no sense, it my usage limit is 10GB and I've only used 6.6GB...right?
    I was then told that I would have only receive 1/3 of my allowance for that month and that I have in fact gone over it.....

So here lies the problem. A) I was never informed on the day of purchase that I was only going to be allocated 1/3 of my monthly allowance until the 15th and B) customer care can do nothing to help me until I have actually received my bill.

Can someone please make sense of this for me? Because there is no way that I will be paying that amount if I am charged.

Also just another softer query, is 10GB a decent amount of usage allowance. I'm a college student and use the net allot for course work, and I also stream TV (RTE player etc) from time to time.

Anyone who can help me, here's a massive thank you in advance

Hi KKM,

Welcome to eMobile.

I would note that first bills are usually a little bit higher than they normally would be due to the pro-rata allocation of data that you get when you receive the device. For example on your bill you may see the following:

(For Example: )

17th Dec-4th January = €6.80 (this is a rough estimate)

5th January-4th February =€9.99

The first period there is the amount of days that you were on the network up to the first billing date and the according charge for that time period i.e. 18 days of usage. The second period there is your month in advance which will be paid every month.Charging like this will only ever occur on your first bill. From the second bill onwards it will only display the minimum monthly commitment and out of bundle charges.

10GB is great for watching videos and browsing the web...Some facts and figures:

8000 emails a month
    400 hours of instant messaging
    3000 photos
    800 Short videos
    720 hours browsing the web

If you would like to send me your account number via PM i'll take a look.

-Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

Steve,

I asked you some time ago bout the Samsung tab and you never got back to me.

I went into town today and was inm the shop and they don't have them but they informed me that you can get them in the Meteor shop.

What is the current position with emobile getting the Samsung tab in?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭IsMiseDaithair

Hi Steve,

I have a few queries for you regarding returning a phone to emoblie. My mother was sent a phone by emobile but when she opened the box, the phone was tiny. MY mother had explained to the girl that her sight is not the best and then she was sent this tiny phone.

When we sent the phone back, my mother was rang and told she cannot send the phone back as she opened the box. I myself was in emobile a few weeks ago renewing my contract and the sales person opened a box to show me a phone. What is the difference in us opening the box. The phone was never turned on, the battery was never even put in.

Now emobile want to charge my mother for a phone that she hasn't used and doesn't want. Is this normal policy and if it is why does the sales person in the shop open boxes to show the phones to you.

Thanks.

kiersm wrote: »
    Steve,

I asked you some time ago bout the Samsung tab and you never got back to me.

I went into town today and was inm the shop and they don't have them but they informed me that you can get them in the Meteor shop.

What is the current position with emobile getting the Samsung tab in?

Hi Keirsm,

Apologies for that... We're you looking for it on Bill or PAYG?

Thanks,

Steve

• Advertisement

Hi Steve,

I have a few queries for you regarding returning a phone to emoblie. My mother was sent a phone by emobile but when she opened the box, the phone was tiny. MY mother had explained to the girl that her sight is not the best and then she was sent this tiny phone.

When we sent the phone back, my mother was rang and told she cannot send the phone back as she opened the box. I myself was in emobile a few weeks ago renewing my contract and the sales person opened a box to show me a phone. What is the difference in us opening the box. The phone was never turned on, the battery was never even put in.

Now emobile want to charge my mother for a phone that she hasn't used and doesn't want. Is this normal policy and if it is why does the sales person in the shop open boxes to show the phones to you.

Thanks.

Hi There,

Usually in store they would have display models that they can show people before they purchase.

As per our returns FAQ found here:http://helpandquestions.emobile.ie/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/&/?St=40&E=0000000000302951083&K=9088&Sxi=2&Case=obj%28903%29
    If you purchased your device online: If you purchased online within the last 14 days you can return your order by completing the eMobile online returns form . You will be credited with a full refund when all parts are returned to us in proper condition and have not been used in any way. You will need your sales order confirmation number you received when buying online.

If you purchased your device over the phone:
    If you purchased over the phone within the last 14 days you can contact our Customer Care team to arrange for the phone to be returned. You will be credited with a full refund when all parts are returned to us in proper condition and have not been used in any way. You will need the sales order number given to you at the time of your purchase.

If you purchased your device in store:
    If you purchased in store within the last 14 days you can return the phone to your local eMobile store. You will be credited with a full refund when all parts are returned to us in proper condition and have not been used in any way. You will need your receipt from your purchase.

Do you want to forward me her sales order number and I'll see if anything can be done in this instance? (It might not be able to but I can assure you i'll check it out).

Regards,

-Steve

Hi Keirsm,

Apologies for that... We're you looking for it on Bill or PAYG?

Thanks,

Steve

Steve,

The plan was to go billpay. I know that previously the offer was if you got a bill phone with a plan over a certain value you could buy the tablet for something like a €100.

So I was waiting to see what ye had on offer but its defo a bill pay phone I'll be getting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Hi,

I've had emobile broadband for a number of months now, and I still can't get over how poor the service is

I've always got 30 day passes. A few months back I was told that having used my full monthly allowance in 3 weeks, that I couldn't renew it until the month was up. My only option I was told, was to keep buying day passes at €3 per day until the end of the month. I went back to the emobile shop to complain, and was told that the only solution was to get a second sim card and rotate them. Now does not seem absolutely daft? But it seems to be a continuing theme with emobile

Each time I ring their customer service, I'm asked for my number. When I type it in, it says that that is not my number. What's the issue here? It clearly is my number

Tonight I tried to ring the help line, but as is quiet common, it has reverted to an eircom only help line, and the options are distorted so that it just automatically sends you to the Eircom report a fault option. It's ironic that a phone company can't manage a help line

My major issue with emobile though is how they continuously revert me to day passes

My monthly allowance was nearly gone today, infact it wasn't even allowing me on to boards.ie. I topped up by €20, and twice attempted to activate a 30 day pass, being told each time that my 30 day pass was still active. When I checked 2 hours later, my balance had been reduced by €3 and I was on a day pass. Finally I got through to customer care, and had my pass activated after complaining

My question is, why do I continuously have to do this? I topped up and requested the pass before connecting, yet as with nearly every time I have topped up, there's an issue that requires me to call the help line. Its gone beyond ridiculous at this stage and is I believe deliberately set up to get people to unknowingly revert back to day passes at what would cost €90/mth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭jimaneejeebus

Hi Steve and everyone else,

My emobile bill said I downloaded 860 mb (nearly my months allowance) in 1 minute!!!!!

I know 3g is getting slightly better but 860 megabytes in one minute?????

I'm pretty pissed off at this because I've checked my history for the day in question and all I did was go on daft and facebook........no videos, music or large files were uploaded or downloaded.

I'm currently on to emobile for the last hour (most of which I've spent on hold)

Good news....after and hour and twenty minutes of saying "NO I did not download 860mb in a minute" (more like 4 weeks).. I'm getting a full refund. Just be careful, and watch your data usage. 860mb in one minute is impossible on todays' 3g networks...particularly when I'm only on a 2mb plan with real speeds of 0.5mb......
    AND especially when I was only using facebook!

Please find attached a screen grab of my bill....the day in question was the 23 august. Turned my €25 euro contract into €85

Hi Steve and everyone else,

My emobile bill said I downloaded 860 mb (nearly my months allowance) in 1 minute!!!!!

I know 3g is getting slightly better but 860 megabytes in one minute?????

I'm pretty pissed off at this because I've checked my history for the day in question and all I did was go on daft and facebook........no videos, music or large files were uploaded or downloaded.

I'm currently on to emobile for the last hour (most of which I've spent on hold)

Good news....after and hour and twenty minutes of saying "NO I did not download 860mb in a minute" (more like 4 weeks).. I'm getting a full refund. Just be careful, and watch your data usage. 860mb in one minute is impossible on todays' 3g networks...particularly when I'm only on a 2mb plan with real speeds of 0.5mb......
    AND especially when I was only using facebook!

Please find attached a screen grab of my bill....the day in question was the 23 august. Turned my €25 euro contract into €85

Hi jimaneejeebus,

I got back to you in the thread you posted.

-Steve

Steve

Have you any update for me?

Two and a half weeks on and I have heard nothing from eMobile, I rang them yesterday and gave the rep the details and she said that the order was still cancelled"
    I give up
    Useless

tommyhaas wrote: »
    Hi,

I've had emobile broadband for a number of months now, and I still can't get over how poor the service is

I've always got 30 day passes. A few months back I was told that having used my full monthly allowance in 3 weeks, that I couldn't renew it until the month was up. My only option I was told, was to keep buying day passes at €3 per day until the end of the month. I went back to the emobile shop to complain, and was told that the only solution was to get a second sim card and rotate them. Now does not seem absolutely daft? But it seems to be a continuing theme with emobile

Each time I ring their customer service, I'm asked for my number. When I type it in, it says that that is not my number. What's the issue here? It clearly is my number

Tonight I tried to ring the help line, but as is quiet common, it has reverted to an eircom only help line, and the options are distorted so that it just automatically sends you to the Eircom report a fault option. It's ironic that a phone company can't manage a help line

My major issue with emobile though is how they continuously revert me to day passes

My monthly allowance was nearly gone today, infact it wasn't even allowing me on to boards.ie. I topped up by €20, and twice attempted to activate a 30 day pass, being told each time that my 30 day pass was still active. When I checked 2 hours later, my balance had been reduced by €3 and I was on a day pass. Finally I got through to customer care, and had my pass activated after complaining

My question is, why do I continuously have to do this? I topped up and requested the pass before connecting, yet as with nearly every time I have topped up, there's an issue that requires me to call the help line. Its gone beyond ridiculous at this stage and is I believe deliberately set up to get people to unknowingly revert back to day passes at what would cost €90/mth

Hi TommyHaas,

As per our help page over here:
    http://helpandquestions.emobile.ie/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/&/?St=64&E=0000000000303243650&K=8284&Sxi=5&Case=obj%281044%29
    What happens if I exceed the 7.5GB allowance provided by my 30 Day Pass?

If you go over the 7.5 GB allowance provided by your 30 Day Pass, you will automatically revert to a Day Pass rate of €2.99, covering you for 500 MB of data per day. Of course this will only be the case as long as you have enough credit in your account to cover the Day Pass rate.

Can I ask what number you were calling to get through to customer care?

Thanks,

-Steve

Two and a half weeks on and I have heard nothing from eMobile, I rang them yesterday and gave the rep the details and she said that the order was still cancelled"
    I give up
    Useless

Can you PM me the order details you gave her and i'll check this for you?

Thanks,

-Steve

• Advertisement

kiersm wrote: »
    Steve

Have you any update for me?

Yep, the 7” tab is no longer available in eMobile. However the new Galaxy Tab 10.1” is available in selected eMobile stores – Blanchardstown, Henry Street and Waterford. Just trying to get pricing for you.

-Steve

Advertisement