Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭pat13wx

Hi There,

Sorry for the delay.

We're you looking for a monthly internet connection on the device itself or on Mobile Broadband...?

Thanks,

-Steve

On the device itself. Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 321 Verified rep eMobile: Steve

Bill pay.

Could you PM me your order number...?

-Steve

pat13wx wrote: »
    On the device itself. Thanks

A data bundle wouldn't be included on that price plan but it can added on seperately if you wish. We offer the same plan from €64 with 15GB of data included also!

-Steve

A data bundle wouldn't be included on that price plan but it can added on seperately if you wish. We offer the same plan from €64 with 15GB of data included also!

-Steve

Thanks for that. I already know about the plan for €64 with the 15gb of data, but this price is too much for me on a monthly basis, which is why I was hoping for a cheaper version. I wouldn't be using anything more than 1 gb on my mobile phone so a plan with a cheaper price would suffice.

How much to add on 1 gb a month to the €49 a month plan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Could you PM me your order number...?

-Steve

It's alright, it's dispatched:)

• Advertisement

pat13wx wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I already know about the plan for €64 with the 15gb of data, but this price is too much for me on a monthly basis, which is why I was hoping for a cheaper version. I wouldn't be using anything more than 1 gb on my mobile phone so a plan with a cheaper price would suffice.

How much to add on 1 gb a month to the €49 a month plan?

That'd be €9.99 per month for 1GB on that plan...

-Steve

It's alright, it's dispatched:)

If you need any further help with this just give me shout...

-Steve

That'd be €9.99 per month for 1GB on that plan...

-Steve

That being the case I'd be better off paying an extra fiver and getting the full 15 GB a month!

Thanks Steve.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 DeeBE

Hi Steve, just checking... I'm considering moving over to emobile. Is everyone subject to a deposit or does it depend on things like credit rating etc. Is it possible to find out prior to ordering if you would have to pay a deposit, this would ultimately affect my decision.

DeeBE wrote: »
    Hi Steve, just checking... I'm considering moving over to emobile. Is everyone subject to a deposit or does it depend on things like credit rating etc. Is it possible to find out prior to ordering if you would have to pay a deposit, this would ultimately affect my decision.

Hi DeeBE,

Thank you for considering our network.

Deposits are not applied to every account and are done on a case by case basis. Once the application is put through our credit control team will be able to tell you if it is applicable on your account.

Thanks,

Steve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

Hi Steve,

My emobile bill contract is due to end in and I will not be renewing same as I want to go " pay as you go ". What do I have to do to terminate my contract ? When do I have to inform emobile, do I give a months notice or do I simply cancel my direct debit ? If I do have to give notice can I simply phone emobile or does it have to be in writting ?

Thanks a million :)

shivers27 wrote: »
    Hi Steve,

My emobile bill contract is due to end in and I will not be renewing same as I want to go " pay as you go ". What do I have to do to terminate my contract ? When do I have to inform emobile, do I give a months notice or do I simply cancel my direct debit ? If I do have to give notice can I simply phone emobile or does it have to be in writting ?

Thanks a million :)

Hi Shivers27,

If you wish to cancel the account you will need to give us 30 days notice... I can arrange a call back for you from our cancellations team if you like...?

-Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭philten

Hi Steve,

work colleague of mine who has just joined eMobile mentioned that if you refer another customer you get €50 credit and the new cusotmer who signs up also gets €50 credit.

Trying to find something official about this on the eMobile website but no joy.

Wondering (if this is official) and what are the terms and conds? Is it just for billpay a/c's ?

thanks,
    Phil

philten wrote: »
    Hi Steve,

work colleague of mine who has just joined eMobile mentioned that if you refer another customer you get €50 credit and the new cusotmer who signs up also gets €50 credit.

Trying to find something official about this on the eMobile website but no joy.

Wondering (if this is official) and what are the terms and conds? Is it just for billpay a/c's ?

thanks,
    Phil

Hi Phil,

This doesn't ring a bell but I'll double check and come back to you...

-Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

Hi Shivers27,

If you wish to cancel the account you will need to give us 30 days notice... I can arrange a call back for you from our cancellations team if you like...?

-Steve

Thanks a million Steve. My contract's not up for another while and I'll contact the cancellations team then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭HelpWithIT

Steve from Emobile, the invisible face of Non emobile Customer Service.
    My story:
    On 26th August I ordered the free iphone option at €69 per month and I opted to port over my existing number, I filled in the online details and carefully read what I had agreed to, and agreed to pay a deposit of €195 which would be paid back on my 7th bill. I agreed to the terms and conditions and signed up to the package on the terms stated above. I was out of country for a few days and when I cane back I got numerous emails from "clickonme4info@eircom.ie" stating that they had made numerous attempts to contact me by phone (lie number 1) and numerous attempts to contact me by email (lie no.2) 2 emails in total came through!
    Contents:
    "Thank you for ordering your new eMobile Bill Pay account on the 29/08/11 online. You have ordered the following:
    Sales Order Number: SO4******
    Tariff Plan: Select Smart Unlimited 24 Months
    Handset Type : Apple iphone 4 16Gig Black

To proceed with your order we require a €450 deposit. This is fully refundable on your 7th bill and is taken for security reasons to set up your bill pay account.
    We have tried on several occasions to contact you via email and phonecall.
    If you wish to proceed with the order you can call in on 01 7011572 to make the payment via credit card.
    Alternatively if you do not wish to proceed with the order please contact us either by phone or email and we can cancel the order.

The Emobile Team. "
    Now Steve, I rang your customer service today twice and nobody knew or was willing to answer why my original "agreed" deposit of €195 was already deducted from my Credit Card and why they are looking for another €450? Steve, when I click and agree to the terms of a contract online we are both entering into a legal binding contract. Now your wonderful Company sent me an email looking for another €450 deposit to continue with the order! This is outrageous and there are no supervisors available to explain this charge. What is going on? I was going to transfer my wife's phone after your Company's performance you can forget it. I have now been on the phone for 30 mins and counting.... to get my deposit of €195 back.
    I want answers Steve, if you need my contact number I can PM it to you.
    I now have to wait up to ten days to get deposit back which is rediculous.
    Please read this post before you sign up to these guys, their left arm doesn't know what their right arm is doing.
    Emobile losing a possible €2000 plus revenue over that 19 month contract.but it doesn't bother you Steve, does it. You still get paid and go home with the customer left dumbfounded!!
    I hope you have a good explanation for this attrocious service

Mick Campbell

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ah jesus Mick would ya relax a little and give the chap a chance to respond before bashing him over the thread already? Also, its the internet, we have no faces.

Sorry about that Sully,
    After spending 2-3 frustrating hours on the phone with them and the only option they give you is to write to them re deposits and complaints! So when I saw they had a thread on here where I could get some quick answers as opposed to waiting for a couple of weeks...anyway I've calmed down a little and looking forward to what they have to say (-;

RepairMyPC wrote: »
    Sorry about that Sully,
    After spending 2-3 frustrating hours on the phone with them and the only option they give you is to write to them re deposits and complaints! So when I saw they had a thread on here where I could get some quick answers as opposed to waiting for a couple of weeks...anyway I've calmed down a little and looking forward to what they have to say (-;

Hi Mick,

Sorry to hear about the above.

Could you PM me the sales order number you received? I can see it was included in the above post but it is blocked out. Once I get it I will raise this with our credit control team and find out why the second deposit was asked for.

Would you also be able to send me on the contents of the 2 emails you received? I'd imagine if they tried to contact you while you were roaming (and didn't get through) it may be due to the diverts you were using at the time.

If you need anything in the meantime just let me know.

-Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Hi Steve,
    This sounds like a known issue - I've just moved 4 phones from Meteor to emobile and mine is the only one that had issues. First, mine didn't port over as expected (sorted now) but today, after it has ported, I can't make calls out. I can receive calls, send & receive txts and check email but no calls out. It doesn't seem like a handset issue.

• Advertisement

Slaphead07 wrote: »
    Hi Steve,
    This sounds like a known issue - I've just moved 4 phones from Meteor to emobile and mine is the only one that had issues. First, mine didn't port over as expected (sorted now) but today, after it has ported, I can't make calls out. I can receive calls, send & receive txts and check email but no calls out. It doesn't seem like a handset issue.

Can you PM me your number...? It sounds like your phone may be not be provisioned correctly on our internal systems but I'll get tech to take a look.

-Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Can you PM me your number...? It sounds like your phone may be not be provisioned correctly on our internal systems but I'll get tech to take a look.

-Steve

PM sent, many thanks. I've since been on to Bis support and they're looking at it but they're talking about a 24 hour wait and this is a business phone.

thanks again.

Slaphead07 wrote: »
    PM sent, many thanks. I've since been on to Bis support and they're looking at it but they're talking about a 24 hour wait and this is a business phone.

thanks again.

Thanks Ivor.

I'll call them now and find out whats happening here.

-Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if emobile have a BIS setup service website similar to www.mobileemail.vodafone.ie or www.o2mail.ie?

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if emobile have a BIS setup service website similar to www.mobileemail.vodafone.ie or www.o2mail.ie?

Hi Mr Bloat,

You should be able to do this on your phone when you opt into the Blackberry bundle.

-Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

cookie1977 wrote: »

And here also :o

(Knew I forgot to include something!)

Apologies.

-Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Thanks guys, I don't have access to the device and I want to set up the email accounts for someone. The website is great for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    Thanks guys, I don't have access to the device and I want to set up the email accounts for someone. The website is great for this.

Sure is. I always set up via the site rather than the device

• Advertisement

Hi Mick,

Sorry to hear about the above.

Could you PM me the sales order number you received? I can see it was included in the above post but it is blocked out. Once I get it I will raise this with our credit control team and find out why the second deposit was asked for.

Would you also be able to send me on the contents of the 2 emails you received? I'd imagine if they tried to contact you while you were roaming (and didn't get through) it may be due to the diverts you were using at the time.

If you need anything in the meantime just let me know.

-Steve
    I'll pm on order number now:
    Content of 1st email 26-08-2011:
    You must email us proof of ID (photocopy of passport / driving license) to salessupport@eircom.ie stating "Sales Order Documents" in the subject field along with your Online Order Number. Or you can post copies of the documents to eMobile Sales Support, 3rd Floor Telephone House, Marlborough Street, Freepost - F4418, Dublin 1.
    We cannot complete your order until we receive this information. Your order will then be posted to you within 5 working days
    Track the status of your order on www.anpost.ie - we will email a tracking number

Getting Started with your new iPhone

Please follow our step by step instructions on how to set-up your new iPhone. Visit www.emobile.ie/iphone/gettingstarted/

We recommend you

Enable roaming by calling 1800 690 000 and select the eMobile option, (you need this for your phone to work in Northern Ireland).

Your order details

Name: MR Mick *****

Delivery address:

Billing address:

eircom account number: *******

Landline number: 01 *******

Email address: *********

Contact phone number: *******

Transfer mobile number: *********

Initial payment details

iPhone 4 16GB black

Phone Deposit

FREE

€195.00

Total upfront payments

€195.00

Payment by credit card
    Monthly payment details

Select Smart Unlimited - iPhone 4 16GB - 24 months

24 months

€69.00

/month

Total month payments

€69.00

Payment by direct debit

Please note that all prices include VAT and you may be bound to a contract.
    Need to contact us?
    2nd email 29-08-2011:
    Dear ************

Thank you for ordering your new eMobile Bill Pay account on the 29.08.11 online. You have ordered the following:

Sales Order Number: ******

Tariff Plan: Select Smart Unlimited - 24 Months

When you were ordering online it asked you to pay €195.00 deposit to set up your eMobile bill pay account. After processing your order on our system it requires an additional deposit of €255.00 this is fully refundable on your 7th bill and is taken for security reasons to set up your bill pay account.

We have tried on several occasions to contact you by phone.

If you wish to proceed with the order you can call in on 01 7011572 to make the payment via credit card.

Alternatively if you do not wish to proceed with the order please contact us either by phone or email and we can cancel the order.

The Emobile Team.

3rd email 01-09-2011:

Dear Mick,

Thank you for ordering your new eMobile Bill Pay account on the 29/08/11 online. You have ordered the following:

Sales Order Number: *******

Tariff Plan: Select Smart Unlimited 24 Months

Handset Type : Apple iphone 4 16Gig Black

To proceed with your order we require a €450 deposit. This is fully refundable on your 7th bill and is taken for security reasons to set up your bill pay account.

We have tried on several occasions to contact you via email and phonecall.

The Emobile Team.

Advertisement