Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 john carro

how do i manage to get my money refunded from emobile??????????? which should never have been taken from my acc in the first place.taken on the 7th march for a emobile acc that never excisted ,,,never even got to press a button on the bloody phone,fed up been fobbed of by customer care and credit control,,names to remember,ray,larry morris to mention a few who or now reminding of the 3 stooges.............

• Company Representative Posts: 321 Verified rep eMobile: Steve

Hi John,

Did you ever receive any documentation alluding to an account or mobile number? Could you give me a little bit more information here?
    john carro wrote: »
    never even got to press a button on the bloody phone

I take it from this that you received a phone from ourselves? Or we're you just charged and never received the phone?

-Steve

the customer name is john carroll,,customer number XXX,,mobile number that i never got to use is 085XXX

the customer name is john carroll,,customer number XXX,mobile number that i never got to use is XXX,,

Hi John,

This refund was put through on the 25th of March so you should see it within the next 8-10 working days. Hope this helps.

-Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

its not a good idea to post your number and account numbers here this is public everyone can see it.

your better off sending a private message to steve so no one else can see your details:):)

• Advertisement

thanks,but acc never excisted anyway,,,,,

thanks,so that means the money will have been taken from me for 5 to 6 weeks..what is emobiles policy on compensation for pissed of customers .......who still has,nt got a replacement phone..

thanks,so that means the money will have been taken from me for 5 to 6 weeks..what is emobiles policy on compensation for pissed of customers .......who still has,nt got a replacement phone..

Hi John,

If the account is closed, I would not be able to arrange a replacement or loan phone.

-Steve

(I'd also agree with the above post as regards posting of details; Mods could we please remove John's details if possible.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Ah right sorry i taught your account was active :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

If I sign up for the sim only plan and leave before the six months are up, do I get the deposit back? If I do when do I get it back and how.

Thanks

• Advertisement

christy c wrote: »
    If I sign up for the sim only plan and leave before the six months are up, do I get the deposit back? If I do when do I get it back and how.

Thanks

Hi Christy,

You would need to contact our Credit Control team in order to get the deposit refunded to you.

-Steve

jay93 wrote: »
    Ah right sorry i taught your account was active :)

You we're still right though. :)

-Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

Hi Christy,

You would need to contact our Credit Control team in order to get the deposit refunded to you.

-Steve

I rang customer care, they said that I will not be able to get it back until after the 25th April, even though my bill was cancelled on approx the 3rd march. This means that it will be almost two months from when I left to when I get my deposit back despite paying my bills in full and on time since I joined. That's a bit of a joke and I will be advising my friends to steer well clear of e mobile

christy c wrote: »
    I rang customer care, they said that I will not be able to get it back until after the 25th April, even though my bill was cancelled on approx the 3rd march. This means that it will be almost two months from when I left to when I get my deposit back despite paying my bills in full and on time since I joined. That's a bit of a joke and I will be advising my friends to steer well clear of e mobile

Hi Christy,

Can you PM me your number and I'll get this sorted out for you?

-Steve

You we're still right though. :)

-Steve
    if emobile were doing there job,there would have been no need to put my acc details up in public view,and further more if the acc details were not working what use are they to anyone else,,,,never mind j93 being right you still didnt reply to my last email ??? your not working in same office as customer care and credit control by any chance?????

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Hi Steve,
    Quick question
    I'm on a Meteor SIM only plan (old legacy plan of 60min for 10e) but wish to change a better plan, I'm abit disappointed I can't avail of the better plans on the meteor.ie website as I'm a existing customer so was thinking of switching to emobile since its effectively the same network etc

Given Meteor & eMobile are part of the same group whats the best way of canceling my meteor service in order to avoid paying for a service I won't receive with Meteor once I switch to emobile, take for example my billing date is 10th of each month currently with Meteor.

ify I'm looking at 14e 100min/100txt and 1GB data bundle SIM only plan.

if emobile were doing there job,there would have been no need to put my acc details up in public view,and further more if the acc details were not working what use are they to anyone else,,,,never mind j93 being right you still didnt reply to my last email ??? your not working in same office as customer care and credit control by any chance?????

Hi John,

Sorry about the issues you experienced but to be fair I never asked you to post them in public view as they could have been PM'd to me. I also additionally asked the mods to remove them from the thread. Apologies for any miscommunication on this.

I would also advise that in relation to the last PM you sent me you advised you were contacting Comreg so I was unsure if there anything further you needed me to do at that stage. However if there is please just let me know and i'll be happy to help.

Regards,

-Steve

Cabaal wrote: »
    Hi Steve,
    Quick question
    I'm on a Meteor SIM only plan (old legacy plan of 60min for 10e) but wish to change a better plan, I'm abit disappointed I can't avail of the better plans on the meteor.ie website as I'm a existing customer so was thinking of switching to emobile since its effectively the same network etc

Given Meteor & eMobile are part of the same group whats the best way of canceling my meteor service in order to avoid paying for a service I won't receive with Meteor once I switch to emobile, take for example my billing date is 10th of each month currently with Meteor.

ify I'm looking at 14e 100min/100txt and 1GB data bundle SIM only plan.

Hi Cabaal,

I'd advise to give them a call first to schedule the cancellation for just before the date above however I believe they require 30 days notice though this may be different on some of the legacy plans. Give them a call on 1905 to be sure of this though.

Once that is confirmed you can give the guys a shout here on 1901 and schedule moving on to the network whenever is suitable for you i.e. the day after you cancel with Meteor.

If you need me to arrange a callback for you just drop me a PM and I will give you some further information.

Regards,

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kao123

Hi Steve, this morning I received a text message from emobile saying my account is overdue, I pay via direct debit so I am going to assume that this is an error on emobiles part.

Can you please advise if this is the case?

Thanks Kao123

kao123 wrote: »
    Hi Steve, this morning I received a text message from emobile saying my account is overdue, I pay via direct debit so I am going to assume that this is an error on emobiles part.

Can you please advise if this is the case?

Thanks Kao123

I know some of the DD's were late going out this month due to the Bank Holiday weekend, so if everything is in order from your end then I wouldn't worry. If you would like me to confirm this on your a/c just PM me your number and I'll be happy to oblige...

Hope this helps and sorry for the hassle.

-Steve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kao123

I know some of the DD's were late going out this month due to the Bank Holiday weekend, so if everything is in order from your end then I wouldn't worry. If you would like me to confirm this on your a/c just PM me your number and I'll be happy to oblige...

Hope this helps and sorry for the hassle.

-Steve

PM sent, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Mogdonny

Hi steve,

I have been turning off my broadband router at night and back on in the morning. Would it be safe to leave it on overnight?

Thanks

Mogdonny wrote: »
    Hi steve,

I have been turning off my broadband router at night and back on in the morning. Would it be safe to leave it on overnight?

Thanks

Hi Mogdonny,

Is this in relation to an Eircom router or an eMobile dongle?

Thanks,

-Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭cellboy

Hi Steve,
    I'm not happy for the eMobile way.
    I placed a order on website yesterday for a HTC desire S with €159 on the phone with 12 month €19 per month contract and provide all docs which required for a bill pay customer.
    I've just got a phone call this morning and need €300 deposit for the phone!

The 12 month contract is only cost €228, but looking for €300 deposit??
    So I've asked the sales person to cancelled my order but I've already been charged €159 on my credit card of this phone, now I need wait a refund within 10 working days!!
    Look, if you need a deposit I can understand, but not that amount and cannot charge me cost of the phone in the beginning!!:mad::mad:

cellboy wrote: »
    Hi Steve,
    I'm not happy for the eMobile way.
    I placed a order on website yesterday for a HTC desire S with €159 on the phone with 12 month €19 per month contract and provide all docs which required for a bill pay customer.
    I've just got a phone call this morning and need €300 deposit for the phone!

The 12 month contract is only cost €228, but looking for €300 deposit??
    So I've asked the sales person to cancelled my order but I've already been charged €159 on my credit card of this phone, now I need wait a refund within 10 working days!!
    Look, if you need a deposit I can understand, but not that amount and cannot charge me cost of the phone in the beginning!!:mad::mad:

Hi Cellboy,

All bill pay applications are subject to credit vetting that may occasionally result in a deposit being required. It’s all dependant on the customers credit rating and the product they are purchasing so the deposit varies. If they do pay a deposit it will be refunded after their 6th bill so means they will have a credit on their 7th bill that can be used against future bills.

If you would like to find out more about our returns process the link below may help further.

http://helpandquestions.emobile.ie/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/&/?St=2&E=0000000000271881237&K=360&Sxi=8&Case=obj%28476%29

Hope this helps,

-Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 steve_cass

Hi Steve,

Is the new Samsung Galaxy tablet available in Emobile yet. I was in the Henry Street store a few weeks ago and the sales person said it would be available in May.

Thanks

steve_cass wrote: »
    Hi Steve,

Is the new Samsung Galaxy tablet available in Emobile yet. I was in the Henry Street store a few weeks ago and the sales person said it would be available in May.

Thanks

Hi Steve Cass,

I'll find out now and let you know.

Regards,

-Steve

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Hi there,
    What is your upgrade policy for bill pay customers who are on contracts? My contract with o2 is due up in November, so I just want to see whats out there at the moment and ill revisit it closer to the time.

Do eMobile have the same policy whereby you are only entitled to one upgrade at the end of your contract?

Sully wrote: »
    Hi there,
    What is your upgrade policy for bill pay customers who are on contracts? My contract with o2 is due up in November, so I just want to see whats out there at the moment and ill revisit it closer to the time.

Do eMobile have the same policy whereby you are only entitled to one upgrade at the end of your contract?

Hi Sully,

I'm a bit unsure of the second part of the question so I'll answer as best I can. Usually a person on a 12 month contract can get an upgrade in the 10-11th month of their current contract (depending on certain factors i.e. size of minimum monthly commitment). Once that upgrade is signed for, you can get another upgrade at the end of that contract also and so on.

I hope this clarifies it somewhat though if I have missed anything please let me know and I'll be happy to advise further.

-Steve

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 steve_cass

Hi Steve,

Have you found out if E-mobile are stocking the new Samsung Galaxy tabs yet

Thanks.

Advertisement