Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Closed] Win a SIM Free HTC Desire HD smartphone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 tomdk

... app. to look up counter-arguments for... anything! :D So when I'm in the pub with some smartass who keeps spouting on some subject I'm not that interested in, I can discretely whip out the phone and look up unlimited amounts of verbal ammunition! :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

iPatch

It basically brings up a picture of an eye patch that you can craftily place your phone over one of your eyes.

Instant Pirate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

The "Fart Tracker"

We have all been there, in a crowded enclosed space, suddenly everyone is looking accusingly around the room, noses are twitching, before somebody eventually broaches the subjects, and asks the time less question "Who the hell let rip?". Normally followed by finger pointing, accusatory tones, declarations of innocence, and off course such famous lines as "Whoever smelt it dealt it", and "Whoever said the rhyme did the crime". Normally the case is never solved, and peoples reputations can be ruined based on their inability to convincingly protest their innocence.

Well no more I say. We would have the Fart Tracker. Simply pull out your phone, and with an outstretch arm place it in the contaminated area. Withing seconds the air will be analyzed, and with the simple point of a compass, and indication of distance the farter will be identified, and mocked accordingly and righteously.

Also the "uHoe?".

You have met this girl in a club, she seems kind of dirty and is still willing to sleep with you, after you said hello five minutes ago. You are secretly thinking man this never happens to me, normally I have to wine and dine bitches. The thought crosses your mind this girl must be a little slutty, but sure who cares for a one nighter, right? Wrong you just woke with 8 different STDs.

This app will make these situations a thing of the past. With minimal human contact which can be achieved by handing your phone over to the suspected skank and asking for her number. This app will tell you exactly how clean this girl is. Making sure you can make and informed decision before you go hopping into bed with her.

App will also be available for the ladies, and will be called the "uManWhore?"

iSick
    Generates a random excuse for calling in sick to work. Even better, you can set it like an alarm to automatically call the office for you in the morning, and provide generic responses - so you don't even need to wake up.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭lucozader

Instead of a fleshlight, have a fleshphone !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tigintui

i-transport.....the classic "beam me up scottie" app!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

DocApp. You lay the phone on a flat surface and it scans your body as you turn slowly and can detect all your ailments without having to pay for expensive GPs to tell you nothing is wrong and you are a hypochondriac!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

i'd love an app which would allow me to switch my kids off for an hour from time to time on a lazy sunday, when all you want to do is a have a nice little siesta after a nice sunday lunch ;-)).

i'd call it the i-doze

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

i-dream

got a dream you want to live ? share it with a friend ? concentrate on your dream as you run the app and it will simulate the dream for you or anyone else you want - fly a fighter jet , dive into the deepest oceans or dream up some money to pay your bills :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

The iSlave - an app that managed all the electrical devices in my (money no object, hello the future! home). Something that would allow me to turn on the oven when I leave work, check the best before dates on the stuff in the fridge & auto order online, run the washing machine, check that the robot hover has done the floors etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 DrivesAlot

This is a 2 fold idea,
    1 - i-con(vict), basically if there is any sort of a criminal within a certain range(you decide) of you, the app lets you know. Could work in conjucntion with the Gardaì - well maybe not buts its a good idea.
    2- i-con - you let everyone know they are close at hand as a convict icon will flash over the thieving so and so's head! :D

Never have to worry about being mugged/ pick-pocketed/assaulted/raped again! Country would be a safer place!

Everyone from toddlers to OAPs would want this app! ESB can sponser it that way they'll get plenty of publicity for making us all safe as houses!!

Its a good idea - in theory!!

Oh & I'd really love a new phone because mine was stolen!! Would'nt have been a problem if I had the i-con app running on it!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 columbo13

An app that checks the weather in your location and tells you to adjust your heating to the relevant setting !!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭JJDoherty

My app would be a "myvote" app, an Irish voting app that would tell me what constituency I'm living in, enable me to register to vote, if I'm not already and tell me where my polling station is via a handy map!

After that, when the polls have closed the app would provide me with the latest results once counting has started not only for my constituency but nationwide along with other interesting facts and figures.

Considering the events of today then I should probably get to work straight away!

(All rights reserved, copyright of "jjdoherty" 2011, patent pending...)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭stezie

Talk-2-Me app
    or
    Ur-Buddy app

Its an app that instead of an alarm clock, it will call me in the the morning and when i answer it asks me "how I am?" and tells me "its time to wake up" and then it will call me randomly through the day to say nice things to me... And when its bed time it calls me to "wish me good night" and "sweet dreams", and other nice stuff like that..

Cause I dont have a phone and no one calls me to see how I am.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭nellocono

I would love an app that controls every single electrical device in my house. This way I could do the house work even from home. Example, when your 5 minutes from home you could put the kettle on so its ready to be poured when you get home. Or when your away you could turn the house lights on or off etc.

Or even turn on the heating or turn on or off the cooker. At least then you'll never again ask yourself "Did I leave the cooker on..." /runs away

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Iomega Man

iRack (Iraq)

My favourite app would be called iRack.
    Just a daily photo of some ample bosomed ladies sitting astride a tank or armoured personnel carrier in the desert........MMMMMMmmmm APCs.

Aaaanyway...

Keep the troops happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭paulshir

I would love an app that would allow you to sleep on the bus, maybe listening to music but would successfully monitor where you are through GPS so that it could wake you when you are approaching you stop.

I think there should also be modes like discreet awake so that is wakes you by vibrating and playing something through your headphones only. This way it looks like, to all the other passengers, that you just managed to wake up perfectly before your stop, every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭kgt272

An app for the guys coming around checking the meters! So they dont have to open the meter case an app that they can just point their phone at in the direction of the meter case (working off of some syncronistion device within the box) and hey presto it gives them their meter reading - save me having to shut the gate after them and running the roads looking for an escaped dog the whole time.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

My dream app is one that connects to my niece's brain, deciphers what it is that she wants when she starts shouting, and then displays it textually on the screen!

It would make life alot easier :(

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭cartom

I'd like and 'eye phone' It would enlarge all the apps so I don't have to find my reading glasses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 byrne28

I would like to see apps go 5G, not just sound, picture or video but smell, imagine you are in Bangkok and you want to convey how bad the smell is but words dont do it justice. Thats where smell-o-vision comes in, now they can get the stench 10000 miles away. Or for local applications if you are say a farmer, why not share the smell of rural life with all your city friends. So many uses, a great idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

I-pack... All you have to do is Scan your Beer Belly and watch it change into a Six pack within Mintues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dave D

Always wanted to make my own mobile app(im a student software dev). So ive thought about this stuff a lot :D.

Id call the app GeoTag-it. The main idea behind it is to use the gps features of the iphone and android phones to get the gps cordinates of where you are when you press the tag button in the app.
    You can also take a picture or video of the location and make a sort of profile of that location.

while this can be handy for things like you happen to find a nice pub or restaruant somewhere you dont go to often or the like so you can easily find it again, The app can also share these profiles either by a site or directly sending it to another phone.

This is where the app really becomes cool! Im quiet a fan of the hobby Geocaching this app could make this activity much funner(sending challenges to you friends about newly created electronic geocach),
    also say your out maybe on a stag or hen night in a differnt city possibly different country and had one too many drinks and became lost. simply tag where you are and send it to your mates or a taxi company!

Thinking about organizing a flash mob? simply send the geo-tag info to your friends with a time and its sorted.

Companys could use it to, instead of trying to give directions just send the geo-tag profile and the person know where your business is and what it looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Mine would be iBord Gas. It would allow me to do what the ESB do with their app. Unfortunately Bord Gas are mentally incapable of this, and my bills will be forever guesstimated or submitted via their archaic phone in service forever more. Which is exactly why I will never switch to Bord Gas for electricity either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,414 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i like an app that ensures i have always money in pocket no matter what i am buying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭GoldenBoot

Choose which games you are interested in and any goals/trys ect (30 second clip) will be delivered to the phone within 10 minutes.

A second app would be to have certain poker players who you win money from notify you immediately when they sit down at a poker table online. A lot of money to be made if this app is viable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭TVMANIAC2

How about a simple location tracking app that could send/receive anonymous stats to/from a backend server.

It could infer e.g. if you were driving, based on your speed, and predict traffic congestion, based on other users real-time anonymous feedback. Extending this, you could let the user know which petrol stations/charging points etc. are seeing high demand vs price at pump etc. Areas of congestion could be avoided in advance ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 snufflecopter

It feels like i spend my entire life waiting for my local bus, regardless of the fact that it is scheduled to run "every 10 minutes". I have often waited over an hour despite my walk home only taking 25mins, as I convice myself that it must be around the corner!
    My dream app would be some kind of homing device showing exactly on google maps how far away my bus actually is, and whether its worth my while to bother my ar$e to wait!
    PLEASE PLEASE CAN SOMEONE INVENT THIS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 lilbitz440

I'd love an app that generates possible meals. Has a selection of recipes and your own could be added for whatever amount of people. It should also give you a shopping list for each meal and you should be able to state the budget and time available for prep and cooking along with nutritional values to help maintain a balanced diet. It should also be possible to rule out certain foods and have different meals in different seasons. Perhaps it could even give a weeks worth of meals and all groceries necessary, even locating local grocery stores where the products are available, possibly even order them. An option to input what you have in your fridge and cupboards and have a meal generated out of that would be great too. It would take the tedium out of mealplanning. I heard an old saying once, 'you spend 20yrs finding mr right then the next 20 wondering what to have for dinner.' Although I've much better things to be thinking about, a lot of my time goes on exactly that, trying to plan and cook healthily for my family. This app could take a lot of that off my mind. Please someone build it for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭steloide

ilotto. The launch of your application would give u a €4 quick pick or the chance to choose how much/ how u want to spend your money with the lottery.

Advertisement