Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Closed] Win a SIM Free HTC Desire HD smartphone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

My app would iron my shirts!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Caught

I'd love an app where you play this game and propel green pigs using a giant slingshot towards some birds and wood. I think I'd call it "Revengeful Pigs."

Actually, nah. I'd get an iAct app.
    An app that automatically finds me places to audition for dances, musicals and other types of shows.
    Yes, I know thats not going to be an award winning app because it only applies to me and a small group of people out there.

How about the iMouse? It operates as a mouse for laptops. :) Seems simple and battery-consuming, like most apps.

My favourite would probably be the iNeedToPee [for short, iPee]. It tells you where the nearest bathrooms are, if they're accessible [in a customers only store, for wheelchairs] and if they have toilet paper [very useful in schools and the like].
    An updated version may be able to connect with other iPee users to show what queues are like, to avoid unneccessary delays in Burger King when that Chinese place down the road has a bathroom that nobodys using at the moment.
    This app would probably be most useful when you are on long road trips, have children or are walking around town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

The i-Friday Night - Orders your takeaway, gets you a cool beer from the fridge & sorted out a playlist before it brings you to the pub.....nice! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

My ideal app would be X-Ray I-Sight.

An app that would utilise the camera and allow you to see through things. There'd be a little slider that'd allow you to adjust the strength of the X-ray so you can go from being able to see through walls to be able to see through lighter materials like... clothes. :P (Although that would be discouraged. ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Dylabaloo

Dave D wrote: »
    Always wanted to make my own mobile app(im a student software dev). So ive thought about this stuff a lot :D.

Id call the app GeoTag-it. The main idea behind it is to use the gps features of the iphone and android phones to get the gps cordinates of where you are when you press the tag button in the app.
    You can also take a picture or video of the location and make a sort of profile of that location.

while this can be handy for things like you happen to find a nice pub or restaruant somewhere you dont go to often or the like so you can easily find it again, The app can also share these profiles either by a site or directly sending it to another phone.

This is where the app really becomes cool! Im quiet a fan of the hobby Geocaching this app could make this activity much funner(sending challenges to you friends about newly created electronic geocach),
    also say your out maybe on a stag or hen night in a differnt city possibly different country and had one too many drinks and became lost. simply tag where you are and send it to your mates or a taxi company!

Thinking about organizing a flash mob? simply send the geo-tag info to your friends with a time and its sorted.

Companys could use it to, instead of trying to give directions just send the geo-tag profile and the person know where your business is and what it looks like.

Your dreams are my command. There is a pretty similar app out there called 4 Square.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭gaillimheach

My favourite app would be i-dodo.

I-dodo allows me open the dog hatch downstairs, by remote control, from the comfort of my bed upstairs, to allow the dog out to do its business in the middle of the night.

I-dodo would help me get some dodo (French slang for sleep), as traipsing down to the kitchen every night to open the patio door for the Bitch is not conducive to good sleep.

Basically, I would like to get some dodo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

My ideal app would be one that predicted my mother's next menopausal freak attack by sensing the subtle changes in the atmospheric pressure and mood that precede her split second transformations from sweet and bubbly to screaming and generally mental. A nice little alarm or message alert on my phone would alert me to the impending doom and give me a chance to creep out of the room before she goes on a mad one.

It would save my ears, my sanity and possibly my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭fergm

my ideal app would be an i app. An app that projects a hologram of myself working so i don't have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mno101

i-candy ....say no more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Mine would be called the shop calculator. when you go shopping you simply scan the barcode and it calculates how much it is going to come to. and takes in to account what offers etc the shop has on

my second one would be the alcohol calculator, on a night out you input what youve drank, your height weight gender etc and the app will calculate when its safe for you to drive again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 AmericanFranco

my idea of app would be i-Sitter! I'm a mother and I could us a sitter to look after my little one! Do the changing of dirty nappies, cook and the list could go on... **SIGHS** Yep an i-sitter.. Sounds wonderful!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭chisel

Id like an app that would allow me to record stuff on my hdd recoder remotely.. so many times ive been in the car and heard about a program or heard a program but im not bloody at home to record it. Kinda like an updated and better videoplus..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭dunworth1

my dream app would be called your home

it would be connected to all the systems in my home and be able to control them.

it would turn on and off lights as you enter/leave the house

it would do the same with the heating system and you would also be able to remotely turn it on so you could turn it on before you got home so that the house is nice and warm when you get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

i-Bike

As a cyclist sick of motorists not paying attention to us, I'd like an app I could use that would alert motorists when a cyclist is in their immediate vinicity.

a supplementary function could be i-Indicate, an app to remind motorists to stick on their indicators when approaching a junction :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

My ideal app would at the push of a button kick cause various FF politicians to feel like they had just been kicked in the balls. A voodoo ap.
    Id call it "Make my day"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 joequin

I would like an app that would fix the country,the government and our finances...an that would take us back to the good ole days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

How about an iTravel app for Ireland ?

A single point for buying tickets for Planes, Trains, Taxi's or renting cars.. For flights, it will access the aerlingus and ryanair databases and all travel will be organised from the comfort of your phone!!

How awsome would that be ?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭phoebe!

My idea app would be one that had the ability to decide what I want for dinner and to actually organise the shopping and the cooking!!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭ballinloughan

If you are with bord gais, will the app work?

Cheers
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

I would like an app that can detect when I'm doing something other than what I'm meant to be doing and administers a mild electrical shock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Fully integrated system where my phone can communicate with my house/ car. Would be an absolute godsend right now, locked myself out of the house and Im thinking how great it would be if my phone could open my house or even car door. :p Fcuking freezing my bollix off here. haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

An app for public transport to tell you the easiest way to get from where you are to where you want to go!

Or an app that communicates with the nearest elevator so the app can tell the elevator when you're walking towards it, and it can come to your floor and be there with the doors open by the time you reach it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭bladespin

My ideap app would be one that tells me in the morning if it's going to be a good day or that I should just stay in bed. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

An app for buses, that uses GPS to tell you where the one you're waiting for is, and an estimate of how long it will take to reach the nearest bus stop to you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

i-txt2text

SMS app that automatically translates txt spk to proper English, inserts punctuation, automatically removes smileys, limits the number of consecutive exclamation marks to 1 etc. Also works as an encoder for automatically shrinking SMS using txt spk down to 180 characters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 DrMaxwell

I envisage an app that works off telepathic signals. Therefore I want to book.flights it brings up the air line you use etc etc. Patent pending.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

An app that tells you how much each call is costing you as you make it.......on pre-pay phones it stores your credit balance and subtracts accordingly. Would take a lot of the guesswork out of making sure you have enough credit to ring a taxi when you get stuck in the middle of nowhere.

You choose the tariff plan thing you're on and then away you go.

Also a widget with your credit balance/bill-so-far could be developed from that app.

Simples.

edit: a feature of the app would be that you could click a 'compare' button and it will tell you how much all your calls are costing on alternative plans and providers etc. A sort of hypothetical bill comparison thingy.
    And of course the same thing for pre-pay, working out how much you pay per week on average and comparing with all the various special offers (like free texts at the weekend etc.).

The knock on effect of this would be concrete consumer comparisons being made and hence competition between mobile providers heating up - which of course will lead to huge price decreases. AFAIK we pay a lot higher than most other countries for mobile phone services (open to correction on that).

• Registered Users Posts: 10 columbo13

A cooking app which you enter the things you are going to cook like meet,veg and potatoes and the amount of time it will take and the app will tell you to put on the next food type so all will be ready for serving together.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭brendanb586

My idea would be an iRound; when in a bar you tap your phones at the same time with you next drink selected; it sends an IM to the nearest barmaid/barman to bring down the round. It automatically comes out of the credit/account of the person who has paid the least so far, and a tip can be paid by rating the performance of the server.

A key feature would be the 'tightness' threshold parameter, where if someone has been having double Jack and Coke all night, and orders a small Coke on their own round, it will subsidise subsequent rounds until equality is achieved.

Another bonus will be the facility to track pints/location, and estimate when it is time to slow down, eat or go home, order pizza etc.. because this is for the ESB, it can turn off all lights and televisions within 10 minture, depending on the estimated 'iDrunk level'

Can I have a phone now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

The i-sore, an app which takes the bland and bleak landscapes, buildings and people, and transforms them into beautiful, artisitic wonders.

It would be an augmented reality app, point your camera at a rub-down old building and it becomes a glorious beacon of architectural magnificence. Point it at a junkie and he/she transforms into a friendly and polite beautiful man or woman, based on your preference.

Point it at Ireland and it becomes a tropical paradise where pirates exist only to send TDs to the sharks, yahrrr!

It has pirates, so I have to win! It also has ninjas, you just can't see them

Advertisement