Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Closed] Win a SIM Free HTC Desire HD smartphone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭calistro

The i-rish app: Will sell millions in the Unites states for Americans to trace their Irish ancestry. Ooooh... I can smell the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 charlie1234

i-Fix - an app that manages to repair any cracked screens or unresponsive buttons. An extra feature that makes the phone resistant to water damage...in fact splashing water on it somehow charges the phone so you never need to run out of battery:)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Captain Pillowcase

i-ain't here app. I push the button and ta da....I ain't here! (And I get to take my pay packet with me before the new universal tax takes another huge bite out of it!!!)

When you press the button you end up on a tropical beach in a hammock shaded by a palm tree while a gentle breeze rolls off the ocean gently rocking you while you sip on a large cool cocktail and the best thing, no IMF, no TD's, no ECB, no Bills nothing just you a cocktail and the crash of the surf............bliss, utter bliss *sigh*:)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭loopyloulilly

Dream App is...

icampus app mainly for students in college, the app syncs to your phones calendar. Never will you miss a important college event, class party or your clubs final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

An app that can give me different crafts to do with my children to keep them amused....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 a.j2020

My dream app would be a very health related app.

One would be an app that can read blood sugar levels for diabetes patients, the same app could monitor heart rate and heart condition in general and advice for a need of doctors' visit, etc. It could also be used to check high blood pressure etc..basically, it would alert the user of any imminent critical health condition. The app would also have a drugs database where it would show side effects to usage..and it could also have a simple symptoms checker where you could enter your symptoms and it could give you a list of likely diseases.

It could help save countless lives!

I want that Desire HD its my dream phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Laydee

I'd love one that gives you free internet when you're away from wifi.

The i-clean would also be handy, I'd imagine it could wash dishes, floors, bathrooms & all the other jobs that everyone hates!!!

Although my ideal app would be one where I could submit my esb meter reading, luckily esb have one, now all I need is the phone to download it to :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

My dream app would be one to analyze the units of electricity being used day to day, and it would be able to calculate and break down each appliances usage, get on it esb :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

my dream app would be the i-Taste. I'm a picky eater so for me this would be amazing!

Basically, the app is programed to replicate your palate exactly. If you go to a restaurant, you scan the menu and the app knows exactly what flavours etc are in each meal and it decides what would be most appropriate for you! You could also set it to force you to be more adventurous with food and challenge you to try new things, if you set it to, of course:)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I'm struggling with a name for this one because the iPay and iBank are already taken but anyway...

An app (iPinPay?) that allows you to use your credit/debit card for online payments using your regular PIN number like you would at a shop - after an initial card registration it stores your card details (who cares about security - this is a dream app :D) and when you want to buy something you just select the card you want from your list of saved cards and then enter the PIN.

I would of course be willing to come to a deal with the grocery shopping apps folks whereby we can integrate the two so you can scan and pay for all your shopping without ever needing a till :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭56lcd

A Saorview app that would allow me to watch live Irish TV on my phone whether I am at home or abroad

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I'd like an app that listens to what my wife says, and automatically translates it in what she actually means!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

an app that could calculate power consumption of electronics with the camera! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

The iCrap App.

An app to try and keep count of crap apps beginning with i :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

I'd love a volume control app which would turn my mobile volume to a suitable office level when I'm at work, to loud when work is over and to silent when it's bed time!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭kennethk

I would love an app called ''iSnooze'' - it would actually stop time in the morings so everyone could have an extra hour in bed...sounds good to me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭emo72

I-wakeup. something that could wake me up fresh as a daisy in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

I'd love an augmented reality app that allows you to click on something in frame, analyse it and find out more about it. Kind of like Google Goggles, but on a whole new level! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭St._Andalou

Snooze-Shock Alarm.

An app that gives you a small electric shock if you try to hit snooze on your phone, so I'd never oversleep again.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭superfish

my app would be called I-win an amazing app that makes me win random competitions involving the esb and a htc desire :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 discostews

So i decided to produce a small advertisement for my app, iHoover...

ihoover_smaller.jpg

Yes. Those are alloys. Clearly. :)

As per my original description:

I envisage an app where i can leave my phone down, and it promptly grows wheels, and finds its way around my house hoovering and collecting dirt. (this may take some programming skill). Upon the receipt of a phone call my wonderful app will promptly drive back to me and perhaps jump into my hand.

I presume the hdc desire can provide such service?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 discostews

duraq wrote: »
    My dream app would be an app that gives live updates on the Dublin bike Scheme. It should show how many bikes are available at each station and how many free parking spaces are available.

It would really be a great help as it's frustrating turning up to one of the bike stands and finding all the bikes have gone...but even worse if you get to your destination and there's no parking space. Cue driving back into the city to find a parking space.

Would be extremely helpful to get an offical app !
    http://dublinbikes2go.com/home.php

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Deisekickboxing

Some sort. Of. An app for sorting out all the bills like gas, electric ,car insurance ,bins...etc. it would allow You to pay straight from the fone & allow break down of averages for less monthly expense.... ibill

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭donkey oatey

I'd love an app that uses gps and shops real time stock levels to alert you when your passing a shop with one of the products on your shopping list. You could also have a "locate" option so you can see which shops have the product you need. I'm always forgetting to buy those infrequent items like a toilet brush or nail clippers.

There could be a separate supermarket version that lets you walk through the supermarket and the app would alert you when your next to one of the items on your shopping list. No more searching for ages for random items like bandy butter or fried onion flakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

My idea for a app is the iSlurrySlinger
    This clever application monitors the approach to your front door and when it detects canvassers for the general election it slings buckets of pig slurry at them. Like all good apps this one can be personalised. You can replace the pig slurry with the slurry of your choice. There is even a function which can allow certain named canvassers through to your door, though no one I know has ever had cause to test this facility!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

I was thinking a local Library app would be good, you could renew books on it, search the online catalogue to see if the Library service has the book your looking for and how many copies etc, also reserve books and , get notified when they are in back in the Library( if they are out on loan). A reminder feature that your books are due back would be handy feature also.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

The i-Government. If you get sick and tired of your current Government(and let's face it, who isn't), just hit Enter, and the app will pick a new government for you. *I'm gonna have to go check the Constitution to see whether this is allowed though, but i'm sure it'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 bettymay

Hi I would love an app to find my keys , they always go missing, an app which tracks toddlers in case he goes missing

Would love the prize:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 AntoinBreathnac

My ideal App would be one where:

On sending ESB my meter reading I then received back a graph of my consumption over the last 12 months.

I would also like it to be possible that I could register basic details of my house, No of occupants etc and get back how my consumption compared with that of customers in similar houses - possibly even on the same road. This way I would know how my usage compared and whether I was wasting money or not.

Ideally I would also be able to put in my gas consumption, so tat it was my total energy that was being compared.

As I and others would register voluntarily for this there are no data confidentiality issues.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭doradoll

I would love an i Sleep that would keep my children asleep at night and maybe sometimes even allow me a lie in on a sunday morning!!! ( I can always dream!)

Advertisement