Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Closed] Win a SIM Free HTC Desire HD smartphone

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭JajaD

I hate waking up from great dreams. Whether its living the life of a millionaire, driving around in the worlds best cars or living on a sunny island. My app would be iDream.. you enter in your dream, and it magically takes you back into your dream! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Mine would be an iFix
    Whenever your computer is giving you grief, and you have no idea why, you just turn the app on and wave the phone over the computer and it's fixed! Magic!

That or an iTea for obvious reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

Wikipedia wrote:
    A stasis field is a region where a stasis process is in effect. Stasis fields in fictional settings often have several common characteristics. These include infinite or near-infinite rigidity, making them "unbreakable objects", and a perfect or nearly-perfect reflective surface. Most science fiction plots rely on a physical device to establish this region. When the device is deactivated, the stasis field collapses; that is, the stasis effect ends.

So yeah, I want a stasis field app to protect my shiny gadgets from me and my clumsy, forgetful self.

Eg. Dropping mobiles in the loo (twice), leaving a phone in the woods for almost a week and putting an mp3 player through the washing machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

My dream app would be the i-reserve app.
    This app would reserve a predetermined amount of battery power eg. 15%.
    Then when your battery runs out it would kick in and keep you going until your next charge. The reserved battery power would not be drained by any app etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭tedstriker

My dream app would be an app that makes your phone ring in your pocket when you say a certain trigger word e.g. "tornado". It would be perfect for those times when talking with someone you didn't want to and drop your special word into the conversation "Did I tell you about my friend who got caught in a tornado" *RING*RING* "Sorry I have to take this..."

I call it the mePhone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭HAMMERCURRENT

JajaD wrote: »
    I hate waking up from great dreams. Whether its living the life of a millionaire, driving around in the worlds best cars or living on a sunny island. My app would be iDream.. you enter in your dream, and it magically takes you back into your dream! :)

I was going to enter this! I swear! Hope you win. Maybe we're brain twins?

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

i-i,i-i app

its your basic english/spanish realtime translator that allows you to check the talking clock in south america or order a pizza in spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TonyCochrane

Some kind of heart monitoring app set to warn you when something amiss has occured. People ignore the signs of heart problems and put it down to indigestion or the like.

Same for things like diabetes and monitoring blood sugar levels, preferably through skin contact alone although i'd say the science is not up to it yet.

I am thinking tricorder Star Trek style. The phone itself is close enough to the old badges so you'd never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Doop

An app that would magically somehow tie into your house and tell you if you've left an appliance on.

Would of saved me a an hr round trip the other day when i convinced myself id laeft the grill on.... (i hadn't!):mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

iDino - app that turns your family pet into a dinosaur.

Dinosaurs make everything better! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

My dream app is one that automatically syncs your music/photos/etc with your computer... wirelessly :D

either via wi-fi OR 3G

Also it doesn't take up much battery life. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Dylabaloo

The iphone can do anything right? :confused:

I was once so nieve that I believed....This lie! :eek:

And lies can't help you when your trapped in 4x4 cell in South Vietnam.

I learned that the hard way, the Apple way.

So i'm glad to announce the FIRST move in helping those restless nights an innovation in sleep related technology, i'm here to bestow the great knowledge and cure of "i Good night sweet Prince™®''. This revolutionary Virtual Pillow will have your bones purposely aching to use it, you'll notice your very day getting shorter just so you can lay down like the sweet Prince/Princess you are.

This innovative and secret technology uses the Gyroscope to maximise comfort for YOUR own head size and needs. It includes 4 free blaring tunes to help wisk you away SEEMLESLY to the dream kingdom Feat. Spice Girls - Wannabe and System of a down - Chop Suey!

Easy Instructions:
    Place iphone where pillow would be.

Lay down head down on iphone and put body in preferable sleeping position.

Enable Girlfriend/Boyfriend/Wilderness Mode.

Enjoy the messaging waves of vibration, soothing music and overclocking of iphone battery for comforting heat.

You buying This product are declaring your responsiblity for any damage iphone or yourself and if its not working to your satisfication you're probably not doing it right!

Coming soon: ipad blanket™

Also available on Android and Windows Phone 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

My App would be known as “The Black Box”. You know how the Gardai are often looking for witnesses to accidents, well this would be a witness.

You drop your phone into it’s cradle on the dashboard, which you have adjusted to give the camera a clear view of the road ahead. The built in GPS senses movement and starts the video camera operating in the background, allowing you to continue using the phone for calls or satnav. But just like a mini Sky Plus, it only saves the last 5 minutes or whatever period it’s set to save, perhaps only 20 seconds. It only operates as long as it senses motion, so in the event of an accident it has a recording of the events leading up to the accident, including the speed of the host vehicle and conversation in the vehicle. Maybe lines like “Do you think you might be going a bit too fast” and “Who’s driving this car, me or you”, or maybe “Hooooly Shhh”.

This is your "Black Box".

In fact it might have a moderating affect on the driver, knowing that in the event of an accident, far from proving him to be in the right, it might in fact show him up as a bad driver.

Jump forward a few years and the car companies might develop the concept much further. Things like, utilising Bluetooth technology to allow the phone to tie up to the reversing camera to record a shunt from behind, to receive data such as which seatbelt pretensioners have fired and airbags deployed and information from a multi-directional impact sensor to determine the severity of the impact.

The phone would of course call the emergency services with information such as location of the accident, which would be fed directly into the satnav of the ambulance, Gardai and recovery vehicle. Using all the other info, the phone application would determine the severity of the accident, number of occupants and on a scale of 1 to 10 give the emergency services some idea of what to expect at the scene.

All this would of course be continuously uploaded to a host, so that in the event of a fire all the information would be available.

Some of this is science fiction but the technology is practically all there to make it a reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

These apps are for all the parents of any nappy wearing children, they can be run in conjunction with one and other or individually.

Simply download our 2 apps and any time your child fills a nappy you just kick of the i-whipe followed by the i-change and hey presto .... clean baby.

the i-whipe can also be used after the child had it's dinner(most of which will be all over their face), simple run the i-whipe and ....clean baby

Disclamer:
    When downloading these apps please do not confused with the i-whipped(for the thumb-printed husband) or the i-sexchange(which will turn any andrew into andrea[or visa versa] in the swipe of a finger)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 dohertg5

My app would a augmented reality shooting game where many players within a town/city would fire up the game and would be able to locate each other using gps and fire/reload using the touchscreen. doable?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

oooh oooh ooooh, i actually have a good one!

Universal Remote control app.

control TV, stereo, dvd player, etc etc....

legendary...

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭gaffmaster

How about an app that creates apps?

All you have to do is input what exactly you want this app to do, and it programmes the app specifically to your needs.

Hey presto!

Now gimme the phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭daedal

an app that tells you where and when you should take off or put back on your pants..

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭gopod

This app would remind me before:
    - Car/Home Insurance renewal dates - so I can check the best quotes
    - the NCT is due - in order to have the banger up to scratch
    - competitions like this closes - so I can win a HTC Desire Smartphone :D
    ...and all the other things we keep in our head/on the fridge door/written on the calendar/stored on the phone...

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭twitch1984

An ap the acts like a genie and grants your wishes for you.

My first wish would be that I win the esb comp on boards.ie:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Minecraft app!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭LOTTOWINNER

Seeing as the majority of people always have their mobiles close to them, even when they are asleep, I think a smoke/gas and CO2 detector app. would be very usefull.
    That way even when you are away from home you will be protected and this could possibly be a live saver!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gkonst

the i-protest app randomly calls, sms's and emails politicians at the most inconvenient times and protests on our behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭gramo

My app would be..... I-Can app.... If im stuck doing anything I just start up the app tell it what im stuck doing and it will tell me how to do it....

I likes that app

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ru437z9t8fidq2

i-carbon..
    a carbon monoxide detector that rings an unbearable noise once it detects the gas, and continues to do so as long as the gas is detected, forcing the person to go outside

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭NAGGIE03

i-carbon..
    a carbon monoxide detector that rings an unbearable noise once it detects the gas, and continues to do so as long as the gas is detected, forcing the person to go outside

Sounds the same as LOTTOWINNER's idea!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Brian_Dart

How about an app that detects when my Girlfriend is in a bad mood, and displays a number of options for me to choose from:
    - Buy her Chocs
    - Buy her Flowers
    - Avoid eye contact
    - Get the hell out of the house...

I'd buy it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Appleguy

iPresent,

When your forget your wife's anniversary or son/daughters/girlfriends/Mum/Dads birthday present. Open iPresent select son, wife, daughter and it will order you the perfect present and automatically e-mail your wife/son/daughters/girlfriends/Mum/Dad to tell them what her surprise birthday present is with a loving message which you had previously written!

You get away without being in trouble at all. :D Not like before :(

144306.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 darth darragh

An application that Had an AI that would obey any complex requests you gave it by voice. Along as you had the money. Such as Buy a Car and someone drive it to you. Or a helicopter flown to your location. Literally anything you wanted. and depending on how much money you had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭shofukan

Ah.. Mistake post.. This is awkward.. Still want the phone though :P

Advertisement