Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Go Forward in Reverse

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

Tonight:

4.5 mile run. 38 minutes.

Was supposed to be 6 miles but I started feeling very queasy after two miles.

Lets just say if I hadn't stopped there may have been an accident! Horrible feeling and a horrible mile and a half walk home.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KoemansCC

LaHaine wrote: »
    Tonight:

4.5 mile run. 38 minutes.

Was supposed to be 6 miles but I started feeling very queasy after two miles.

Lets just say if I hadn't stopped there may have been an accident! Horrible feeling and a horrible mile and a half walk home.

Paula Radcliffe's?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

KoemansCC wrote: »
    Paula Radcliffe's?

paularadclifferu2.gif

Haha thats just lovely!

Tonight:

5 mile run in 46 minutes. Slooooooow but just what I needed. Loosened me up a bit.

I suppose at this point the hard work is almost done. One way or another!

• Advertisement

Today:

10 mile run. 1hr 29. Not the quickest but happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭e30fitz

just came on you thread found it very interesting im doing the gfw too been doing bits on the bike and hill training its my first time hoping to get in under 5 hours what time you aiming for best of luck on the 20th

e30fitz wrote: »
    just came on you thread found it very interesting im doing the gfw too been doing bits on the bike and hill training its my first time hoping to get in under 5 hours what time you aiming for best of luck on the 20th

Cheers man. I dont really know what time to aim for. Im not a particular fast runner. To finish at all will be pretty cool.

I have a vague idea of a time but Im keeping it to myself for now!!:D

Today:

Out on the bike for a few hours. Speedometer broke so dont know speed. Got some good climbs in so happy enough.

Tonight:

6.2 mile run. 51.09.

• Advertisement

Tonight

3 mile cycle to drop the bike in for a service. Ran a longer loop home. 4 miles 38.05. Bag on back for this. Slow and steady

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭smurph10

Lads

Training going well,

Did last big run last night with a lot of hill running, 24.8k in 2hrs 8 minutes. happy with it.

Climbed croagh patrick last friday in 57 minutes, wasnt going my fastest but wasnt crawling either.

My question is: I went up the normal route by the shrine, is that the way we will be going up or is it from another side, plus if its not the way is the way we go more difficult or not??

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭smurph10

anyone out there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

smurph10 wrote: »
    anyone out there

You might be better off posting in the Gaelforce West thread in the A/R/T Events forum. This here is LaHaine's personal Training Log!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭centre back

smurph10 wrote: »
    anyone out there

ha ha lahaine its official, you are the poster boy for this years race!! we are all following you, :) nearly there now best of luck with the last couple of training sessions!!

God help anyone whos looking at my log for advice! Blind leading the blind.

Cheers for that centreback. Training is all done now. Just a matter of waiting out the days. Can't wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Best of luck. Solid work done. Putting the feet up myself, well to a degree.

What wave you heading out in?

7.30 I think.

Had no idea what wave to sign up for so hopefully it will suit me. You?

Today:

8 miles in 1hr 11. Long runs should really be finished but I wanted to get this done with marathon training in mind.

Ran with my new trail runners. Very happy with them. Light and comfortable. Thats definitely my last long run now. Maybe a couple of five ks during the week. Ill see how I feel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

Same as that. My gf training is about done but I had to do a lsr as part of marathon training so I did 21.1k in 1.57. After Gf should we stick to marathon training exclusively? I'd be tempted by the Achill Roar if the weather was good. Also the louisburgh-Westport half marathon but I guess I can include that in the marathon plan. Enjoyed your log and good luck on the day.

Btw I'm in westport so if you're stuck for something when you're down give me a pm.

• Advertisement

Tempted by the Achill ROAR myself but starting to run out of holidays in work, volunteering for the Galway Ironman the week before as well...there's a half marathon in Galway the start of October so might do that even though I've no training done for that distance...

You should be well ready for that after the gf training. Just get one or two long runs in.

snailsong wrote: »
    Same as that. My gf training is about done but I had to do a lsr as part of marathon training so I did 21.1k in 1.57. After Gf should we stick to marathon training exclusively? I'd be tempted by the Achill Roar if the weather was good. Also the louisburgh-Westport half marathon but I guess I can include that in the marathon plan. Enjoyed your log and good luck on the day.

Btw I'm in westport so if you're stuck for something when you're down give me a pm.

Cheers for that man!

Ill be sticking to the marathon training after this. Would love to do ROAR. Next year hopefully.

Im wondering now am I in the right wave. 7.30 seems later than everyone else on here? Its so hard to know when youre signing up though. Ill be swimming rather than running in the muck by the sounds of things!!

You should be well ready for that after the gf training. Just get one or two long runs in.

True, I was able to run about 17k at 6.00/k pace a few weeks before I started my GF log and I'm WAY fitter now (I hope)...

Anyways, don't want to hijack the log too much...

LaHaine, which trail runners did you buy? Used a pair of Speedcross 2's for the last 2 GF's and they never let me down (same pair this year), I still slip a bit on the very bad parts and I don't find them any good for road running (heel too low) but they're excellent...

KoemansCC wrote: »
    True, I was able to run about 17k at 6.00/k pace a few weeks before I started my GF log and I'm WAY fitter now (I hope)...

Anyways, don't want to hijack the log too much...

LaHaine, which trail runners did you buy? Used a pair of Speedcross 2's for the last 2 GF's and they never let me down (same pair this year), I still slip a bit on the very bad parts and I don't find them any good for road running (heel too low) but they're excellent...

Ended up getting some Mizuno Wave Harrier. I tried on lots of pairs and they were the most comfortable. Know a couple of people with them who recommend them too so Im happy with my decision. Just hope it doesnt stay raining all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭former

LaHaine wrote: »
    Cheers for that man!

Ill be sticking to the marathon training after this. Would love to do ROAR. Next year hopefully.

Im wondering now am I in the right wave. 7.30 seems later than everyone else on here? Its so hard to know when youre signing up though. Ill be swimming rather than running in the muck by the sounds of things!!

I'm in the 7:30 wave too - my thinking was to start slowly and hopefully finish strongly, rather than the other way around:D You don't want to go out too fast in a race like this so I picked a slower wave.

I'm thinking about the ROAR too. Will make up my mind after saturday.

Just hope it doesnt stay raining all week.

It could stop raining for a month and there would still be ground water in some patches, looking OK for Wed/Thu but not for Fri/Sat...could change in the next day or two though...

former wrote: »
    I'm in the 7:30 wave too - my thinking was to start slowly and hopefully finish strongly, rather than the other way around:D You don't want to go out too fast in a race like this so I picked a slower wave.

I'm thinking about the ROAR too. Will make up my mind after saturday.

This was my thinking last year. Problem was that after 4.5 k you meet the trail along killary, the first few k are really single file and its very difficult to pass. If one or two decide to walk then everybody behind them has to walk as well, even though its fairly flat and easily joggable. This happened me and I found it very frustrating. This year I'm starting earlier and I'll try to be near the front at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭former

This was my thinking last year. Problem was that after 4.5 k you meet the trail along killary, the first few k are really single file and its very difficult to pass. If one or two decide to walk then everybody behind them has to walk as well, even though its fairly flat and easily joggable. This happened me and I found it very frustrating. This year I'm starting earlier and I'll try to be near the front at this point.

I guess if it plays out that way, I'll just have to chill. With hindsight it would have been better to ask for opinions before selecting a wave but anyway it's all water under the bridge now. I had visions (delusions:D) of passing people who had done out too fast late in the race. Can't wait for the race!

• Advertisement

Tonight:

20km cycle. Just messing around really.

Advertisement