Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Go Forward in Reverse

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

Today:

18 kilometres in 1.47.

Windy one today. Ran out to the lighthouse beside sandymount beach. Lovely route. Invigorating splashes from the sea!

This was supposed to be yesterday but I had to work. Done and dusted anyway.

Today:

5k run 23.23. A one second pb!

Legs felt tired after yesterdays long run. Anymore I'll try to have a rest day after my long run. In the next month if like to get this down to 23 minutes or maybe lower.

Its funny, this short run is the one I dread most during the week. I know I need to do them though so no point complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 wli

Hi LaHaine,

Thanks for your log, finding it usefull!!!

I am planning on GFW for the first time this year, (havnt signed up yet).

I have being using a trek mountain bike, but maybe I need a road bike for this event????

Do you mind me asking what kind of bike you have, would you recommend any??

wli wrote: »
    Hi LaHaine,

Thanks for your log, finding it usefull!!!

I am planning on GFW for the first time this year, (havnt signed up yet).

I have being using a trek mountain bike, but maybe I need a road bike for this event????

Do you mind me asking what kind of bike you have, would you recommend any??

Hey,

Im no expert at all but the general view seems to be that a road bike is the fastest option. You should do a search in this forum for last years thread. Its a mine of information!

And sign up and get a log on here, its a great way to keep motivated.

Tonight:

10k run in 53.55. Started very slow and finished at a great pace. Ten k pb is definitely there for the taking. Soon!

• Advertisement

drinking midweek is never a good idea.

Two unplanned rest days-the results of a hangover. Long run tomorrow all going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭centre back

LaHaine wrote: »
    drinking midweek is never a good idea.

Two unplanned rest days-the results of a hangover. Long run tomorrow all going well.

nothing wrong with letting off steam every now and again, sometimes unplanned rest is the best thing!!

Today LSR:

21.57km run 2 hrs 11 minutes.

Furthest Ive ever ran. Delighted but knackered!

lets call it 22k's???
    22k's =13.64 miles!!!
    holy **** man, that's some running!!!
    lahaine on a serious note, dat's some going!!pat your'e self on the back!!!

Today:

5k run 23.36. The wind kicked my ass

• Advertisement

Today:

what a run! 10k in 50.41. Smashed my pb by about 3 minutes or more. Absolutely delighted. Hard work paying off. From the ten k last week I knew I had a pb in me but I wasnt expecting this!

Back at it tonight after too many days of drinking and being lazy. And I suffered for it. 8.87 km. no point even recording the time. I stopped for a sit on the beach at the half way point.

Drink and running dont mix for me. Or at least I need to plan it better. Time for both if im not stupid about it. Its not the few pints where the problem is, its the pints, followed by jagerbombs, followed by a trip to coppers and home to bed at 5.

Im getting somewhere with this though so im not going to be too critical. Just need to keep tweaking things.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

LaHaine wrote: »
    Back at it tonight after too many days of drinking and being lazy. And I suffered for it. 8.87 km. no point even recording the time. I stopped for a sit on the beach at the half way point.

Drink and running dont mix for me. Or at least I need to plan it better. Time for both if im not stupid about it. Its not the few pints where the problem is, its the pints, followed by jagerbombs, followed by a trip to coppers and home to bed at 5.

Im getting somewhere with this though so im not going to be too critical. Just need to keep tweaking things.

Hear hear, am dreading my long run tonight after a weekend of messiness in Cardiff.

Tonight:

Will this wind ever fup off. Driving me mad. 5k in 23.43.

Tonight:

10km 51.29.

Happy enough. Very dodgy belly. Liquid swirling and jumping around in a very dodgy fashion! Never the best feeling. Good kick at the end. Sub 50 around the corner. Whenever my stomach decides to chill out a bit

Today:

wind, wind, wind. 10km 51.05. Thought I was on for sub 50. Felt fast but the wind took it's toll.

Soon! It's a bit of an obsession now. Not so long ago it seemed like such a tough target and now it's so close! really feeling like I have a lot more speed in me these days. by my standards at least.

Today:

10km in 48.44. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭redz11

WOW!!! Well done! :D:D:D

well done lahaine, keep up the good work, i reckon now you've passed the 50min mark it will happen on a regular basis now for ya!!

Today:

5km. Battery went on garmin as I left. Pretty slow one though. Long day

• Advertisement

Today:

43km cycle. Some technical issues - chain was jumping all over the place. Lucky enough to get it home I think. Looks like chain isn't fair off breaking. One of links is very loose. Will have to drop it in to get fixed as I have no tools whatsoever and no knowledge!

Back on bike for first time in a while. (although i did do 30km on sunday but it was just a potter about more than anything.) Fitness from running definitely carries over. Backside needs some time to get used to the saddle again!!

Tonight:

No garmin or mp3 player. No enthusiasm. No energy. 10km run. No idea of time

Today:

14km 1.27. No comment. I hate sun

Today:

5km in 23.49. Blisters on my blisters.

Time for some new socks me thinks.

Today:

5km run 25.30.

And so the slump continues. Really lacking energy the past few days. Hopefully just a bad week.

Still getting the runs done which is good I suppose. Strong believer that the crappy slow days that you force yourself to do are the ones that stand to you in the end.

Today:

5.89 run in 28.09. Lovely drop of rain out there.

Tonight:

8km run 38.23. Pretty uneventful!

Today:

16km run in 1.27.

Ran out to the lighthouse at sandymount beach. Lovely run out around there. Not many people about and the scenery is really nice. Happy enough with the pace and distance - the only thing is i thought 16km was ten miles and its slightly shorted which is a bit annoying!!

Tonight:

10.01 km in 52.43.

Started well, slowed horribly and suffered in the middle, finished strong. My back is really stiff, only noticed it after a couple of k. Made running quite uncomfortable. Felt like giving up a few times so I was happy to get the full 10 done. Crazy amount of people out running and doing boot camps etc tonight.

• Advertisement

Tonight:

5km run in 22.49. PB I think!

Im fupped now though.

Advertisement