Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Go Forward in Reverse

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KoemansCC

LaHaine wrote: »
    Tonight:
    Im fupped now though.

Well done...a time I can only dream off yet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭centre back

Tonight:

5km run in 22.49. PB I think!

Im fupped now though.

well done fella!! great stuff!! only 66 days left(i think):D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

66 days it is. Lovely little countdown timer on the website.

Wont be long coming around now lads!

Tonight:

10km run in 52.33. Late run. Tired

hey lad saw on another thread that your'e going wearing a bag for the race, i have done this 2 for the last 2 years. but this year i'm going to do what the elites do and wear a cycle top with pockets at the back for the mandatory kit, everything fits in their well and the bag used to kill me but the top is perfect!! just my 2 cents worth

• Advertisement

Today:

22km run in 22.59.01

hey lad saw on another thread that your'e going wearing a bag for the race, i have done this 2 for the last 2 years. but this year i'm going to do what the elites do and wear a cycle top with pockets at the back for the mandatory kit, everything fits in their well and the bag used to kill me but the top is perfect!! just my 2 cents worth

How can you carry everything in just a cycle top?! I dunno, i think ill stick with the bag. The thing is I prob need to bring a decent jacket and stuff because croagh patrick will take me a lot longer than you fitter types!!

8km (ish) in 37.22 according to garmin.

Will check my official time tomorrow. Happy enough.

Heading away for the weekend. Only real holidays I have during summer so decided to take a week off running. Marathon training starts next tuesday.

Right...beer time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Adi CkonSh

Cheers! Yeah hopefully the hours now will stand to me on the day.

Hoping to start a bit of trail running alright. Not easy living in dublin city centre with no car. Train to howth or bray for a few runs may be the solution.

Hey LaHaine, just found your log, you're flying it. You can get some good trail training runs up the wicklow way from Marley Park, well serviced by buses. Also there's a bus called the Dublin Mountaineer that links a load of mountain trails, it runs weekends and bank holidays, and it's a hop on hop off, so you can do linear runs, check out the trails on the east west mapping The Dublin Mountains map. Most of the Dublin Mountains Way is easily accessed by the bus. Or even better cycle up there and then go for your run :D

• Advertisement

Tonight:

20km cycle followed by 5k run. first ever brick session. still dying from weekend of beer so it was tough. 25.22 for the run. Didn't time cycle but was decent pace.

Great weekend away so worth the sweating today. That was also day 1 of hal higdons novice marathon plan.

Tonight:

10km run in 51.06. Legs were heavy. Tough one today

Today:

10 mile run 1hr 32mins. Was supposed to be a half marathon but just wasnt happening today. No energy and heat didn't help.

Happy enough anyway. Ten mile is better than no miles!

Been thinking about what time I should aim for in gaelforce west. Anyone have any idea of average time for an unfit first timer?

your'e far from unfit!! been following your'e log since the start say you'll be 5-5 1/2 hour's!! thats my two pence worth any way!!:D

your'e far from unfit!! been following your'e log since the start say you'll be 5-5 1/2 hour's!! thats my two pence worth any way!!:D

Under 5 sounds good as a dream!! What are you aiming for yourself?

with the gamy knee am hoping for under 5 again, but am secretly targeting 4.30!! al] lot of hard training to do yet!!

Today:

Total of 3.64 miles consisting of 200metre hill runs (wouldn't call them sprints-not fast enough!). Run up, jog down, quick rest, repeat.

First effort at anything resembling hill running. Tough! Enjoyed it though.

Ill be sore tomorrow no doubt

Tonight:

25km spin on the bike. not exactly strenuous. Just an excuse to get out in the sun

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭former

Very inspiring log - it must be get to see all the progress :D

I'm doing the race for the first time too. I've been doing sport events up 'till now. I have a growing sense of excitment and worry as the race gets closer!

I would resist the temptation to set a time goal. I did this for my first marathon and ended up disappointed with the result, while pleased with the accomplishment.

So my goal for GFW is to complete the race and to enjoy the experience. If I break 6 hours, so much the better but I'm not analysing split times etc. I'll worry about a time goal next year.

Anyway, that's my 10 cents. I really enjoy your log. Best of luck.

former wrote: »
    Very inspiring log - it must be get to see all the progress :D

I'm doing the race for the first time too. I've been doing sport events up 'till now. I have a growing sense of excitment and worry as the race gets closer!

I would resist the temptation to set a time goal. I did this for my first marathon and ended up disappointed with the result, while pleased with the accomplishment.

So my goal for GFW is to complete the race and to enjoy the experience. If I break 6 hours, so much the better but I'm not analysing split times etc. I'll worry about a time goal next year.

Anyway, that's my 10 cents. I really enjoy your log. Best of luck.

Cheers! Nice to know someone is reading.

I know what you mean about time. finishing will be prize enough!

• Advertisement

Today:

Ran from work with bag on my back. 5.5 miles in 51.59.

Quite slow but it did include a lot of traffic stops and bag re adjustments. Took a while to get the bag comfortable, it was digging into my neck a fair bit. Got a lot better as I adjusted it though. I found it really adds a few degrees to my body heat. And although it was pretty light I noticed a big difference with it on.

Something I need to get used to anyway for gaelforce.

Great thing about running from work is it's all finished early. Lazy time!

Today:

6.5 mile run in 55. Pooped. Few stretches, then a slow mile home.

And im done

Tonight:

Was supposed to run last night but just didnt have the energy. Fell asleep thinking about going out tonight but dragged myself out in the end.

3.1 miles in 23.22. Slow start, very stiff. But I kicked like a mule at the end which felt good. Really stretched out the legs

Today:

Started with an 8 mile run up to and around phoenix park. Then found a short steep hill. Did about ten sprints on it. Total of about half a mile. Then I had a nutrigrain bar and a bottle of lucozade sport. About a two mile walk then back to the gates. Ran home from there.

Total of 11 miles running.did all of it with bag on my back too. Over all a good training day for gaelforce.

Tonight:

54.5 km cycle. Legs felt good suprisingly.

Now to eat EVERYTHING! :)

Today:

53 km cycle

Night off tonight. Starting to really enjoy this training in a sadistic way. Not the same when you dont have some exercise to dread at the end of the day!

But at the same time rest is important too. So yeah...power resting tonight

well after that 50k cycle you deserve a rest!!

Tonight:

10 mile run. 1.34. Slow but I dont mind. Ran it with the bag on so its good practise for gaelforce.

Warm evening didnt help. Ten miles on a tuesday night is never a bad thing!

• Advertisement

Tonight:

45km cycle. Good pace, felt strong

Advertisement