Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Go Forward in Reverse

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

That pace seems fine to me. Long slow runs are meant to be slow:D. Do you really need the gels? I did 17m today at similar pace, I didn't take anything. The fact that i eat like a horse must stand to me. Felt ok on the run save a few aches. Wrecked for the rest of the day, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

Tonight:

4 miles in 32.54.

Mad windy out there but I enjoyed this

Tonight:

8 mile run in 1hr 07mins. Happy with that!

This morning:

4 miles in 35.59.

Pretty slow but thats fine. Not used to running so early. Rest tomorrow and 16 miles saturday.

Today:

Supposed to be 16 miles. All going well until about 9. Garmin lost signal and stopped but I didnt notice. When I figured it out I had no way of knowing how long it was off for.

So in the end im pretty sure I did well over 16 but no idea of time. Walked a good bit too. Good weather was a disaster.

Overall pretty crap

• Advertisement

Tonight:

6 mile run in 47.15.

Saturday:

Race series half marathon in phoenix park.

Finished in 1.48.50. Target was under 1.50 so cant complain!

Today:

32km cycle. Just messing really. Loosening the legs up

Update:

I was sick all week so no training whick sucked.

Back to it today. Supposed to be 18. Ended up as 16 in 2.59. Im gutted about that to be honest. Feels like im going backwards.

Made a balls of it nutrition wise. 4 weetabix about an hour and a half before the run just wasnt enough. Ran out of water after about ten miles so I only had two gels. Couldnt stomach any more on empty stomach.

I give up

Yesterday:

25km spin on bike to loosen the legs.

Today:

Twenty minutes, stretching and some core work.

Tonight:

15 miles in 2hrs.35. Slow and steady.

Legs are banjaxed but I needed to get a long run in so have to suck it up. Ran from work so had bag on my back for whole thing.

• Advertisement

Tonight:

No garmin so not sure of time or distance. About 55 minutes of running. Prob six miles or so. Slow pace.

Legs are still very heavy.

Today:

18 miles. 3hr 14. Slow but felt perfect after. Walked about 4 mile home too. Loosened the legs nicely after the run.

Finally, an ok long run.

Today:

5.86 miles in 50.44.

Today:

A very wet 5 miles. 42.50

Today:

20 miles in 3hrs 17. Yus!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

That's a great time, 3 minutes slower than your 18-miler! Did you feel like you were going slow?

That's a great time, 3 minutes slower than your 18-miler! Did you feel like you were going slow?

I felt good and strong. Its the first long run ive been happy with.

With all the others I just seemed to hit an energy slump. Had a bigger breakfast today and took gels regularly so I think that helped. Did it with a bag on my back too with two litres in the reservoir. Made sure I had enough water. Hopefully on the day running without the bag will feel a lot easier!

Just delighted, needed that for confidence.

Sub 4 is back in my mind. But ill be happy with a goid run on the day!

Tonight:

5.39 miles in 52.56.

Slow run but not nearly as bad as time suggests. Ran from work through city and got caught at every traffic light etc. a lot of time waiting to cross roads

Tonight:

1 mile run. Long walk home. Dodgy stomach.

Really pisses me off when that happens

Today:

12 miles 1hr 53.

Hard to be motivated with these runs. This taper will be the death of me

• Advertisement

Tonight:

4 miles in 32.40. Cold one tonight!!

Today:

8 miles in 1hr.11.

Havent exactly been consistent with running over last few weeks. Work is keeping me busy. I think its ok though. Legs are feeling a lot fresher

Tonight:

4 miles. 37 minutes.

Today:

3 miles, no music, no garmin. Should go without them more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

Good luck on Monday.

Have you any plans to get back to adventure racing?

I just signed up for sea 2 summit on November 12. I haven't sat on the bike for a month and I haven't been up a mountain since GFW but its on my doorstep and it was a great event last year. Doing the short version again.
    So, 3 days to recover from DCM, 5 days to train and 4 day taper. What could possibly go wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭former

Good luck tomorrow.

snailsong wrote: »
    Good luck on Monday.

Have you any plans to get back to adventure racing?

I just signed up for sea 2 summit on November 12. I haven't sat on the bike for a month and I haven't been up a mountain since GFW but its on my doorstep and it was a great event last year. Doing the short version again.
    So, 3 days to recover from DCM, 5 days to train and 4 day taper. What could possibly go wrong...

Ill be takin it easy for next couple of months. 2012 will def have a few adventure races. Beer first though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Best of luck tomorrow!

DCM 2011:

4.39. Absolutely gutted. I dont know what happened. Wasnt far off 4 hour pacers at half way. Then I lost all energy. Just bonked. No explanation.

Feels like months of training down the drain. Sickened

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

LaHaine wrote: »
    DCM 2011:

4.39. Absolutely gutted. I dont know what happened. Wasnt far off 4 hour pacers at half way. Then I lost all energy. Just bonked. No explanation.

Feels like months of training down the drain. Sickened

Don't feel too bad about it LaHaine. That's still a good time for your first marathon.

Well done, hope you enjoyed the experience. Get yerself ready for the next one. :D

Advertisement