Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army looking for extra payment

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭RockinRolla

Our army should be dissolved, we're already protected by the Germans, French and British armies - that's one hell of an ally.

We should also use our military personnel in the Gardai. These coppers havent got a notion what day it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭mbiking123

Just let me see if I have this right,
    Country and citizens suffering hardship due to weather.
    Soldiers in barracks on standby drawing wage paid for by aforementioned citizens.
    Soldiers ordered to serve country by clearing snow and helping people - while being paid of course.
    Thousands of private citizens volunteering and helping out, unpaid, because its the right thing to do.
    Soldiers feel they should be paid extra, on top of their wages for helping their countrymen.
    Have I got this right?
    Absolutely sickening.
    Defence Forces personnel volunteer their time in organisations such as GAA, soccer clubs etc etc etc etc etc

I am sure your paid for your work, next expect doctors, nurses etc etc to do their job as a volunteer with no pay.

Soldiers do not feel should be paid extra for clearing snow, they did it as their job.

How many times its for the guys that were up 24 hrs, away from family etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

mbiking123 wrote:
    Soldiers do not feel should be paid extra for clearing snow, they did it as their job.
    So what is the point of this thread then?
    In my place of work everyone must do any reasonable task the are asked to do to aid the organization. If I started refusing to do stuff or demanding extra money, guess what, I'd be fired and proper order, but then I work in the private sector where whinging for more money does not fly.
    I don't expect any one to work for free or to perform unreasonable duties. I expect people to do their jobs and stfu.
    And why are you talking about soldiers being away from their families? What relevance does that have ti clearing snow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 lebanon vet

It's ridiculous. Lets be honest, the army do **** all anyway. They basically do nothing productive apart from the few that go on and aul overseas mission now and again. The vast majority of them are just dossing about here in Ireland 95% of the time. Now that they have actually been given a job to do in Ireland, they want extra pay for it. What a bunch of twats, the celtic tiger mentality is obviously still alive and well in the army. They are lucky the army is even still in existence as it gives extremely little returns for the billions that have been put into it down the years. Any single county wanted to attack us and they would run us over, so our army is an exercise in pointlessness. One of the few good things we get out of it, troops to shovel the snow off the roads, and they have the cheek to demand extra pay for it. Jesus christ, this country would make you sick sometimes.
    we are a bunch of twats?! who the **** are you you **** bag. Your probably on the dole or living with mammy you fool . What do you know about the army and what we do. thats the trouble with these boards it gives a voice to people like you who probably failed to get into the army and carry a grudge against us who did succeed.Your probably sitting at home watching football wearing a football jersey that stopped fitting you years ago, gob****e get a life!

And why are you talking about soldiers being away from their families? What relevance does that have ti clearing snow?

after they cleared the snow, in the evening they could not go home

• Advertisement

we are a bunch of twats?! who the **** are you you **** bag. Your probably on the dole or living with mammy you fool . What do you know about the army and what we do. thats the trouble with these boards it gives a voice to people like you who probably failed to get into the army and carry a grudge against us who did succeed.Your probably sitting at home watching football wearing a football jersey that stopped fitting you years ago, gob****e get a life!

agree

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

lebanon vet banned.

Closing arguments, we are nearly done here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Bosco boy

In fairness I'd say the shirt probally does fit him!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

mbiking123 wrote: »
    after they cleared the snow, in the evening they could not go home
    Yes the snow brought inconvenience and hardship to millions of people across Europe, should they all get special bonuses from the tax payer? No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

lebanon vet banned.

Closing arguments, we are nearly done here.

I doubt they are, there's snow forecast for this weekend.

• Advertisement

lebanon vet banned

bit excessive, other people been making unsavoury remarks too, just a storm in a tea cup. He reacted to something that was said which was over the top

I doubt they are, there's snow forecast for this weekend

come on lift the ban

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

come on lift the ban

This ain't gonna end well!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭mcdoogle

Found him for you - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/international/england/2308276/Demonstrators-fight-losing-battle.html

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Yllut

You would want to get the doctor to change your tablets.:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

bit excessive, other people been making unsavoury remarks too, just a storm in a tea cup. He reacted to something that was said which was over the top
    come on lift the ban

If you have a concern about how the forum is moderated, PM the mod in question or take it to Help desk, do not discuss moderation on thread, it only serves to derail the discussion. If you have a problem with a post, report it.

This thread is closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement