Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movies that make grown men cry...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

I'm 30 and i can honestly say that i have never once cried watching a film, actually the last time i cried was about 5 years ago when my dog of 14 years had to be put down but that's real life not a film,but i watched "Hachi: A Dog's Tale" last week and yes it is very sad,but still no crying i think i have a heart of stone :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1028532/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭bergkamp10

Cicero wrote: »
    Remember watching the 1931 version on TV with my dad...yea..agree...

you should check out the early 80's version with john voight and ricky shroeder. Very VERY sad end

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsYl63dAZHA

Epic at 4.12 that the real chris gardner whose life the film is based on walks through for a cameo.

Gets me everytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

500 Days of Summer.

Total head wrecker of a movie, and something a lot of people can relate to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭salthillman

If you watched Forrest Gump and didn't cry you don't deserve a soul!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

How many times has The Shawshank Redemption been mentioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Marley and Me and embarrassingly enough Happy Feet. dont ask was a very weird movie

• Registered Users Posts: 40 george tobin

fried green tomatoes at the whistle stop cafe.....what a movie. once upon time in america,bothtear jerkers but excelent movies...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Sex and the City.

I never saw it, but just the thought of it makes me cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

TheUsual wrote: »
    Sex and the City.

I never saw it, but just the thought of it makes me cry.

premium wit!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Galway K9 wrote: »
    premium wit!:D

It's only funny because it's true. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Metallitroll

How many times has The Shawshank Redemption been mentioned?

i cried about it too, in a 'thee most overrated movie of all time' thread. so many wánkers swear by it its untrue. n it'll happen again n again n again

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Rumple Fugly

Toy Story 2, The scene with Jessie telling Woody about her being neglected and forgotten about, and "when somebody loves you" playing over it.
    That had me in bits, and kinda made me feel guilty too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Murt10

The plague dogs, at the end when they were swimming off to the Isle of Dogs. It's also by Richard Adams of Watership Down.

Just started to watch it again on You Tube and decided it was too sad. Bring tears to a stone.

The Green Mile. Right at the end, 'don't turn off the light missah, i is afraid of the dark' . Thats a gut thumper right there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭salthillman

Changeling sprung a few tears, and not just at the end! Great film!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,432 ✭✭✭✭cson

My Sister's Keeper. Just had a daughter so it was hard to comprehend.

The saddest film in the world.
    The scrapbook at the end, you'd want to be one heartless bastard not to be moved by it.

I think this one should count,(yes??) it did genuinely MAKE ME CRY, the first time i saw it cos i was laughing so hard, 'Anchorman, The Legend of Ron Burgundy'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Oh I agree there,Will Ferrell makes me cry.Mainly because everytime I see him I smash my tv.Am I the only person that hates that guy?He is like an American Tommy Tiernan,shouty and unfunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Up: At the very beginning
    the summary of Carl's life, with his wife dying etc
    Toy Story 3: 'Nuff Said

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

i cried about it too, in a 'thee most overrated movie of all time' thread. so many wánkers swear by it its untrue. n it'll happen again n again n again

Not many people gave a ****e about it when it came out in 1994 either.
    It's the definition of a sleeper hit. It's a good movie, I didn't shed any tears but appreciated it's performances and excellent screenplay.

A platonic love story between two inmates, one of whom escapes and saves his friend from committing suicide. Yeah, what a load of rubbish :rolleyes:

People who don't like movies I like = People who are ****. Riiiiiight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

Hachi: A Dog's Tale

I can't believe this didnt get more of a mention here to be honest. It's just so sad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Up. The first 15 minutes are absolutely heartbreakingly beautiful. Gets me every single time.

Oh I agree there,Will Ferrell makes me cry.Mainly because everytime I see him I smash my tv.Am I the only person that hates that guy?He is like an American Tommy Tiernan,shouty and unfunny.

is that the devils rejects featured in your present and previous pic? (apologies for offtopic)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

You are correct Sir.Tis Otis Driftwood from that movie and from House of 1000 Corpses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

GIA & Bound

Watching Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Tilly and Gina Gershom frollicking in the nip with other women brings a tear to my eye :pac:

More seriously Tombstone - When Doc dies

You are correct Sir.Tis Otis Driftwood from that movie and from House of 1000 Corpses.

which explains your moniker. Respect. Seen rejects. Loved it. Haven't had chance to see house of 1000 corpses yet. Tsk tsk. (5kids hog our tv's) Must do asap. Two thumbs up on your horror links. Ok, ill stay on topic from now on i swear {: o )+<

Cried at Basic Instinct2. Couldn't believe any film or sequel (to a moderately ok 1st film at the time) could be this SH1T.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭scoobymunster

bergkamp10 wrote: »
    The Green Mile. Right at the end, 'don't turn off the light missah, i is afraid of the dark' . Thats a gut thumper right there.
    Just watched that recently and it's up there with 'Brooks was here' in Shawshank Redemption. Truthfully, the one film that always gets me is Omagh. The theme song alone is enough to get me to tears. Although that's more to do with my personal connection with the bombing that the work of the director.

• Advertisement

Most of the ones that get me have been mentioned already. I'd also add:

Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan - The scene with Mr. Spock, you know the one.

The closing scene from Pan's Labyrinth - happy if you believe in magic, and impossibly sad if you don't.

Goodbye, Mr. Chips (the 1939 version) - THAT scene (I'm not even going to add a spoiler thingy).

Advertisement