Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭JTER

Eggy Baby! wrote: »
    You see the Skyrim load times feel shorter for me because all I do is spin the model around and it keeps me occupied lol

Had no idea u could do that! Once these exams are done Il settle back into it Hardcore style mod with permadeath should make it interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Eggy Baby! wrote: »
    You see the Skyrim load times feel shorter for me because all I do is spin the model around and it keeps me occupied lol

When I got the game first I used to rotate the analogue stick around in time with them - though I was great so I did :pac:

then realised it was me that was doing the rotating :o

• Registered Users Posts: 26,268 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Just finishing up the Thieves Guild quests:
    It was all great up until the Mercer betrayal but Jesus Christ, since then it has fcuking dragged. Being sent to far corners of Skyrim for stupid fetch quests, this stupid nightingale bull**** and now this hellhole of a Demver dungeon with traps and mechanised machines.

Will be delighted when its finished.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 252 ✭✭viclemronny

noodler wrote: »

Yeah, that "Restore the Thieves Guild to its Former Glory" one was awful alright. It was just filler and I don't know why, the game is massive as it is. It's just utterly pointless. I ended up just sitting down for a couple of sessions and begrudgingly doing it but it just wasn't enjoyable at all.

Yeah, that "Restore the Thieves Guild to its Former Glory" one was awful alright. It was just filler and I don't know why, the game is massive as it is. It's just utterly pointless. I ended up just sitting down for a couple of sessions and begrudgingly doing it but it just wasn't enjoyable at all.

Glad it wasn't just me!

I wish my house in Whiterun had armour and weapon tables as well as a couple of more chests (so I can have one for weapons/armour/ one for jewellry etc etc).

Are properties in other holds a better bet in this regard?

Inventory really is a pain in these games.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

What format are you playing on? I added in a whole new property via a Mod called Deus Mons which is really quite something, but you need to be playing it on PC obviously.

Shiminay wrote: »
    What format are you playing on? I added in a whole new property via a Mod called Deus Mons which is really quite something, but you need to be playing it on PC obviously.

PS3....sad-face!

I have pumped about 22 of my 25 levels so far into stamina and I still have to track back to Breezehome after every single dungeon.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Glad it wasn't just me!

I wish my house in Whiterun had armour and weapon tables as well as a couple of more chests (so I can have one for weapons/armour/ one for jewellry etc etc).

Are properties in other holds a better bet in this regard?

Inventory really is a pain in these games.

When I read about "decorating your house", I was really excited. I thought you'd be able to move tables around, have a room full of chests and bookshelves. Very disappointed I was when I bought Breezehome. :(

I'm fast running out of space for books. And I've taken to storing my armour in a bedside table! :pac:

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    When I read about "decorating your house", I was really excited. I thought you'd be able to move tables around, have a room full of chests and bookshelves. Very disappointed I was when I bought Breezehome. :(

I'm fast running out of space for books. And I've taken to storing my armour in a bedside table! :pac:

I have all my books in the shelf, all my jewelry in that (Lydia's) bedside table and everything else in the main chest but its just amazing that 4 years after Oblivion they haven't realiseds what a pain it is. In a game with load times like this they really sahould be doing all they can to cut down on the timewasting.

BTW - about Jewellry, is there a time when you should sell something? I smith the jewellry the most and so have plentry of different types, am I right in saying I should sell any crowns and Tiaras I make because they can't be used any further in the smithing process? (i.e. they are in their final form).

PS: My spelling is poor in these speed posts - apologies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you can enchant them to level your enchanting or just to make more money

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I can never bring myself to sell anything. I sold a few necklaces and excess armour yesterday, and now I feel lonely after it. The price I got from Belathor was also pretty dismal (obvs I didn't sell armour to him).

I'm the worst hoarder ever. I've like six sets of Fur Armour, about 50 baskets, loads of clothes and potions that I've no intention of ever using. It's all just stuffed in a cupboard in Whiterun. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,116 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It was all great up until the Mercer betrayal but Jesus Christ, since then it has fcuking dragged. Being sent to far corners of Skyrim for stupid fetch quests, this stupid nightingale bull**** and now this hellhole of a Demver dungeon with traps and mechanised machines.

Will be delighted when its finished.

The Nightingale armour is probably the coolest looking armour in the game though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I have started to sell everything I get now, have complete collections of most armour types I've run into on Manequins in Deus Mons, don't really care about the other houses, but if I happen to be passing by, I'll throw a set on a dummy if I've got one cause I really don't need the money from selling it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I can never bring myself to sell anything. I sold a few necklaces and excess armour yesterday, and now I feel lonely after it. The price I got from Belathor was also pretty dismal (obvs I didn't sell armour to him).

I'm the worst hoarder ever. I've like six sets of Fur Armour, about 50 baskets, loads of clothes and potions that I've no intention of ever using. It's all just stuffed in a cupboard in Whiterun. :pac:

I am an awful hoarder - I like to have one of every game item in my Whiterun house. ;)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 252 ✭✭viclemronny

J. Marston wrote: »
    The Nightingale armour is probably the coolest looking armour in the game though.

Ancient shrouded armor from just after finishing the Dark Brotherhood questline is very slick also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

GUys I always play as a sneaky archer in these games, did so many hours in Oblivion and tbh I'm bored with it, I've tried changing to a warrior with big **** off 2 handers but inevitably I go back to the bow and arrow.

Anyone else like this? Any tips on how to break out of the comfort zone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I remember starting Oblivion thinking 'right....I'm always a sneaky assassin in Morrowind, so I'm going to try a 'beef-headed warrior Nord'.

Cue the suggestion in the sewers that I'm an assassin..... :/

Lesson: Don't try to change yourself, you're beautiful as you are! :pac:

OR!

Try being a mage, it's completely different and yet still gives you ranged possibilities!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Have only played Oblivion and Skyrim and in both I've been heavy on the magic. Though one thing that helps me change it up is getting my hands on powerful weapons, if I come across a bow or blade that does crazy damage, then it makes it easier not using destruction spells all the time.

Having said that though I've recently mastered destruction, and got my hands on the lightning storm spell....needless to say, I'm back using the magic. :pac:

i love being a necromancer in Diablo two, is there much in the way of reanimating the dead? I was always dissappointed that despite all the necros in oblivion you couldn't be one, skeletons were summoned, not brought back to life

i love being a necromancer in Diablo two, is there much in the way of reanimating the dead? I was always dissappointed that despite all the necros in oblivion you couldn't be one, skeletons were summoned, not brought back to life

From a review I saw of the Dawnguard DLC, you can raise the dead to fight alongside you when you're a vampire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

From a review I saw of the Dawnguard DLC, you can raise the dead to fight alongside you when you're a vampire.

You can indeed, that's one of the Vampire Lord powers. You can only raise one dead person at a time though, so no undead armies!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

You can reanimate dead corpses to fight for you in skyrim using the conjuration skill set..

Once you kill an enemy you can bring him back to life to fight for you until he dies/time limit expires.

The more powerful the dead enemy the more skilled you must be to reanimate it.

I believe the spell "Dead Thrall" is the most powerful reanimation spell you can get, reanimates a human to fight for you permanently (till it gets killed obviously)..

Been doing a bit of reading...

If I become a vampire and use the vampire spell to reanimate someone dead, then use a conjuration spell to reanimate another, and have the dead thrall spell can I have three minions? Then use the ritual stone for even more?

Started a new game anyway and am going to simply refuse to pick up any weapons, relying on spells instead.

What are the kill cams like with spells?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 jate3d9u1qxmwc

Been doing a bit of reading...

If I become a vampire and use the vampire spell to reanimate someone dead, then use a conjuration spell to reanimate another, and have the dead thrall spell can I have three minions? Then use the ritual stone for even more?

Started a new game anyway and am going to simply refuse to pick up any weapons, relying on spells instead.

What are the kill cams like with spells?

They aren't bad but not as cool as bow or weapon damage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

Doesn't look like Dawnguard is being released on July 26th I am afraid. Developers/bethesda like to give a few weeks notice before there games/dlc are released :mad:

Whats Brelyna Maryon from the college like as a follower?

Apparently not, she just got herself killed by running in front of me when I was casting lightening bolt... stupid mare

Made the mistake of wandering in to a Falmer cave last night...

Made it to some Elven Ruins
    only to be attacked by a friggin' Gas Powered Centurian(that's what the wiki says it was). Insta-death.

Got Lydia killed in an earlier part of that cave as well and had to reload. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Started a new game today- I am now a Khajiit. Long live Kitty the Dovahkiin!

I love those sultry Khajiit accents: "May your roadss lead you to warm sandss"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

http://www.examiner.com/article/uncertain-time-frame-for-dawnguard-on-ps3-and-pc

crap, and I was hoping to finish this before the end of the Summer. You just lost yourself a loyal fan Bethesda for selling out to M$.

Advertisement