Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Those damn frost dragons never land :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Those damn frost dragons never land :mad:

I went Dark Elf, and have a decent fire resist ring and necklace for Dragon fights. Mean's I can basically laugh my way through most Dragon fights with about 75% fire resist.

Frost Dragons though? They're bastards.

Still just dragons though, and straightforward enough if you have a few potions/keep them at range.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Grasshopper89

For some reason in these type of fantasy games, although I look at the dark Elf etc.. I always end up being the barbarian human haha I can't leave my comfort zone ha

Anyways how is Dawnguard? Is it worth getting?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

For some reason in these type of fantasy games, although I look at the dark Elf etc.. I always end up being the barbarian human haha I can't leave my comfort zone ha

I'm usually like that, but with Skyrim I went straight for the Khajiit. I'd never played an Elder Scrolls game before and had no idea what the benefits/disadvantages of each character were so I just went for the kitty. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Back playing it again with Dawnguard, so far so good. Gave me another chance to run around the map to various places I seem to have missed before.

One thing I remember being disappointed about this game were the Giants. Really wish there was more to them than just walking their mammoths and launching you 100000 feet into the air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Has anyone played Skyrim to the extent that they get dreams of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Nope but i do get these strange visions\dreams of a world where there is no dragons or elves or even khajitt, where noone carries a sword or axe and i sit at this table with a weird little box in front of me that puts up randomly moving pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

many times.. When it 1st came our I sunk alot of hours into it and I was literally dreaming about it most nights..

Felt like I was eating, drinking, breathing and sleeping skyrim.. Got very immersed in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Ive done the main mission, im head of the thieves guild, Im far along with the companions, cant remember if im leader or member or whatever.

But now Im stuck with nothing. Companions give me **** quests to go kill trolls, dark brotherhood get me to kill random nobodys,

Is there any major / fun / exciting stuff that you enjoyed that I may not have done yet??

Ive done the main mission, im head of the thieves guild, Im far along with the companions, cant remember if im leader or member or whatever.

But now Im stuck with nothing. Companions give me **** quests to go kill trolls, dark brotherhood get me to kill random nobodys,

Is there any major / fun / exciting stuff that you enjoyed that I may not have done yet??

there are unlimited quests.. The AI generates quests over and over so in truth it never ends..

ONce you have done the major storylines (Main quest, civil war, mages, theives and champions guilds, dark brotherhood, daedric, bards and whatever else) then it is majorly done..

Hence DLC..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Some recent ones, not even in dreams (where it happens if I play it before going to be):

My mum was talking about planting lavender yesterday and I instantly had a vision of two hands reaching out and on option "Take Lavender" in my head.

There was an ad on the tv where the book, in the centre, opened. I immediately wondered what skill they had learned (and heard the sound effect for it too).

whats the daedric youre referring to?

whats the daedric youre referring to?

there are 13 daedric quests to complete...

If your on PS3/xbox you should check out the achievements list and try get all them completed!

sorry for being such a noob, but where is the achievements list? In credits?

In PSN is on the game column in the PSN menu.. Go up till you see a trophy.. all the achievements will be in there.

Xbox.. something similar I'd imagine.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

sorry for being such a noob, but where is the achievements list? In credits?

If you're on Xbox, press the guide button on your controller, go left and it's hard to miss. :)

cool, never knew that existed! Im at 78% completed apparently...

It just says the ones i HAVE done thoygh, dont see any of the "to do" ones :/

ps3 btw

cool, never knew that existed! Im at 78% completed apparently...

It just says the ones i HAVE done thoygh, dont see any of the "to do" ones :/

ps3 btw

no it doesnt.. you'll just have to remember! you should be able to tell by looking at what daedric places you have found on your map and also by looking though your completed quest list..

Daedric quests have an icon like this..

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSstShZgrdUlH5-LsifQLJv4SJkk-eppBhUBKHKlhDOonklV9rEbA

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

ixoy wrote: »
    Some recent ones, not even in dreams (where it happens if I play it before going to be):

My mum was talking about planting lavender yesterday and I instantly had a vision of two hands reaching out and on option "Take Lavender" in my head.

There was an ad on the tv where the book, in the centre, opened. I immediately wondered what skill they had learned (and heard the sound effect for it too).

I had a dream where I was fighting a dragon on a beam suspended above the world. I lost my balance and nearly slipped but checked my inventory to see I had a dwarven helmet equipped (good I thought, good armour rating) but I was using the wrong sword. Then a copper tiled platform, like the ones you see in a kitchen, materialised under the beam and I was able to find my balance. I equipped my ebony greatsword customised for dragonslaying and vanquished the dragon. I was pleased. Then I woke up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I've never had any skyrim dreams ;_;

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

started playing this again after months of not going near it, forgotten how addictive it is. is there a new ps3 glitch? twice today I went into water and my whole console froze, really weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

I think that bug has been around since fallout 3, bethesda, PS3 and water don't mix well.

I think that bug has been around since fallout 3, bethesda, PS3 and water don't mix well.

its happened before wherethe game might freeze for a few seconds, but this crashes the entire console, even pressing the ps button wont bring up the xmb have to just reset the machine, annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

krudler wrote: »
    started playing this again after months of not going near it, forgotten how addictive it is. is there a new ps3 glitch? twice today I went into water and my whole console froze, really weird.

That happened to me too. I got the solution from this thread. Can't remember exactly but I think you delete the game data (not your saves:P) and that fixes it.

happned to me.. an easy fix thou!

Just delete the patch and download it again and reinstall.. WOrked fine for me thereafter and the underwater effects they added are immense!! looks really beautiful underwater now..

worth the annoance of reinstalling!

hypermuse wrote: »
    happned to me.. an easy fix thou!

Just delete the patch and download it again and reinstall.. WOrked fine for me thereafter and the underwater effects they added are immense!! looks really beautiful underwater now..

worth the annoance of reinstalling!

cool will give it a go later, its annoying when you're in an area that you have to cross water to get somewhere else, happened yesterday when i stepped in a stream a few inches deep, annoying!

cool will give it a go later, its annoying when you're in an area that you have to cross water to get somewhere else, happened yesterday when i stepped in a stream a few inches deep, annoying!

Yea I was able to live with it by just keeping my head above the water but came to a quest whereby I had to swim..

Worked 1st time for me reinstalling it. Hopefully be the same for yourself! Was patch 2.04 when I deleted it iirc.

woohoo it worked, no more crashing.

woohoo it worked, no more crashing.

and doesn't it look amazing underwater now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Stick with the smaller quests and when you have proven yourself you will get
    the more interesting ones, like killing the emperor cousin on her wedding day
    and lifting a curse off the companions.

Advertisement