Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

More than likely its either bugs or politics holding up the release

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i blame neoliberal capitalism

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

M'aiq The Liar had something to do with this, I'm sure.

1335096-ob_npc_m_aiq_the_liar_super.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

i blame neoliberal capitalism

Yeah I agree. I used to think Joe Higgins was a gimp, but Im actually wondering is it time to subscribe to his newsletter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

It's a kick in the balls, picked it up on the steam sale after playing the sh1t out of it on the box and there's no waay i'm going back to it on the box. Skyrim ain't the same without sexy lydia and mjoll mods.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/211720/
    so....

no one playing dawnguard yet?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

http://store.steampowered.com/app/211720/
    so....

no one playing dawnguard yet?
    Just saw that. That was quietly put out...

• Registered Users Posts: 53,927 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

man that was quiet indeed

Downloading as we speak, can not wait. come on

Perfect timing, i was just getting sick of the same old quests.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

€20?? See you next year Dawnguard.

mewso wrote: »

because 20 euro is daylight robbery for a mere 15 hours of content?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

mewso wrote: »

Its a little bit overpriced on the Xbox too at €16. €20 is about 8 euro too much in my opinion. I might forgive it for that because it rekindled my interest in Skyrim definitely after not playing it for ages. Played a total of 40 hours of Skyrim after getting the DLC.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's longer then most full games released these days, so €20 is more then worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Picked up Dawnguard two weeks ago and still haven't touched it. Typical Skyrim really, turned it back on after finishing it two months ago and I'll be doing since is daft side quests.

Maybe this weekend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

i still have to get it
    im still playing the campaign :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

€20 is a bit of a rip off given i got it on for £13.99 which is equivalent to about €17. Bit unfair to make it more expensive in euros. What i paid is Still a tad bit more expesive than i'd hoped but dont mind paying it since i've been looking forward to this DLC.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Steep enough,I'll wait a while I guess

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

because 20 euro is daylight robbery for a mere 15 hours of content?

Many reasons. I don't know how many hours it is. I do know that it's $20 if you live elsewhere. That kind of crap on steam pisses me off and it's one of many reasons why I don't buy new releases from them anymore. I have Gothic 2 and Witcher to finish, Gothic 3, Witcher 2, Fallouts 1 + 2 and Arcanum all to play so even if it is good value for money I can wait. And no I'm not ignoring the great sales that steam do or the quality game time Skyrim gave me. Criticising one thing doesn't mean lack of appreciation for another.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

You guys on here are gonna hate me for this.. But I traded in Skyrim a few months ago to buy (brace yourselves..) MW3 :( I was desperate for multiplayer with my friends but COD really isn't my thing :P So does anybody know where the best prices for Skyrim on Xbox?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

SdoowSirhc wrote: »
    You guys on here are gonna hate me for this.. But I traded in Skyrim a few months ago to buy (brace yourselves..) MW3 :( I was desperate for multiplayer with my friends but COD really isn't my thing :P So does anybody know where the best prices for Skyrim on Xbox?

Think CEX are selling it for €30.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

No Dawnguard on PS3 yet? Can't see it on the store anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

EGriff wrote: »

No, and they've not even announced when it will be available. Apparently, they weren't happy with how it was running and delayed it.

SdoowSirhc wrote: »

you should be ashamed of yourself young man *shakes head* :P
    EGriff wrote: »

which is a good thing because ps3 and bethesda don't get on :P

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭ronoc 1

im done with skyrim,great game but i have grown tired of it.A lot of the quests have been excellent but some of them have been painful to play such as the thieves guild missions.

Probably should have used more magic and more variation with my weapons but i loved using the bow and arrow even when i was face to face to with enemies and a sword would have been easier, i just loved ripping out arrows at enemies especially slowing down time,very satisifying.

Might come back to it later on,just need a break from it.It amazes me how such a big game can fit on one disc on the x box whereas games like mass effect 3 or la noir needs more than one disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

ronoc 1 wrote: »
    im done with skyrim,great game but i have grown tired of it.A lot of the quests have been excellent but some of them have been painful to play such as the thieves guild missions.

Probably should have used more magic and more variation with my weapons but i loved using the bow and arrow even when i was face to face to with enemies and a sword would have been easier, i just loved ripping out arrows at enemies especially slowing down time,very satisifying.

Might come back to it later on,just need a break from it.It amazes me how such a big game can fit on one disc on the x box whereas games like mass effect 3 or la noir needs more than one disc.

That's because if Skyrim had as much content as Mass effect games you wouldn't play it. I mean think about it, the gameplay itself is not exactly fun or good. People like customizing a character and exploring a world though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

ronoc 1 wrote: »

Mass effect uses cutscenes......alot of them. Most of LA noire is one big cutscene. They take up alot of space. For example, that recent ending DLC for ME3 was 2 gigs and only had a few minutes of cutscenes.

Skyrim doesn't use any so can save alot of space. Everything is viewed from the players perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

BrianG23 wrote: »
    That's because if Skyrim had as much content as Mass effect games you wouldn't play it. I mean think about it, the gameplay itself is not exactly fun or good. People like customizing a character and exploring a world though.

I don't know about you people but I find the combat and gameplay extremely fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Grasshopper89

Kirby wrote: »
    Mass effect uses cutscenes......alot of them. Most of LA noire is one big cutscene. They take up alot of space. For example, that recent ending DLC for ME3 was 2 gigs and only had a few minutes of cutscenes.

Skyrim doesn't use any so can save alot of space. Everything is viewed from the players perspective.

Yeah that's the best way to do it. Why have gameplay - cut to a super High quality Video - only to cut back to gameplay?? Like I think most would agree for Skyrims Size and open-world-ness Id rather that than fancy Cut-scenes.

Anyone Remember the Metal-gear-Solid 4 for PS3/Xbox360? Excellent game but a Million cutscenes god it ruined the game haha

I love skyrim, I stopped playing it though because a friend got me interested in the mods, and I went to start again with the Game of Thrones mod and started as a Stark, and because there not official mods..

like im stuck at one part where the guy wont move out of the cave to progress the mission, so I just stopped playing it ha. But I did pretty much complete the game and main story before I tried this!

What a fantastic game though!!

• Advertisement

Thank god for setstage in PC console commands, basically got hit by a bug in 1 of the Dawnguard main missions that wouldn't let you progress and so not finish the DLC. Basically it says follow NPC to get key item and the NPC just stands there. reloading and going back a few saves did SFA.

Seems to be a PC thing, luckilly the fix(console command) was one things i found on a google search.

Advertisement