Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Just curious has anyone noticed a lighting change since the last patch? When I started playing the other day after the update I noticed the caves etc were way darker. I don't think any tv settings were changed so I assume this was intentional?

I had noticed how you never needed torches/light spells as it was always bright enough to see
    Yeah. I noticed this quite a lot about a week or so ago. Areas are much darker and the bloom effect from light sources can make it even worse for you when in caves. Thought I was seeing things but glad someone else has noticed it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I wish you could turn the bloom effect off, its really annoying in places with lots of light sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So i have not once patched anything for this game on the xbox should i go ahead and update???

Only problems i have had was not being able to remarry *Figured its just the way of the game* And one or two slight quest errors.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Just finished the main quest there. I've also pretty much done all the faction quests as well so I guess the game is over after 120+ hours and a level 62 2-handed warrior type.
    Really enjoyed the whole game, graphics and atmosphere especially. Some of the dungeon crawls were a bit boring, alot of 'fetch this and bring it here', and 'go there and kill that dude' type quests that got repetitive. I think I must have got lucky with bugs, only problems I had were minor gfx glitches.
    Next playthough will probably be some kind of mage\thief combo with some of the better mods installed, I really avoided most of the magic skills apart from Restoration.

I really wished I had avoided the smithing\enchantment I did about half way through the game. Daedric armour and weapons were just too damn tempting though and it leveled me up way too fast, made the game too easy even after I upped the difficulty, Main Quest
    the final battle vs Alduin felt like just another dragon fight, although the lead up to it with capturing the dragon at Dragonsreach and then getting to Sovngarde was pretty cool.
    And it also meant that any loot I found was discarded as my stuff was just too good.

Anyone played through as just a pure mage?
    Any must have mods that I should install for the second go round?

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Solitude is an alchemist's paradise !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

jmx009 wrote: »
    Solitude is an alchemist's paradise !

I find potions to be incredibly boring, and probably only ever use the Health/Stamina ones that I have...the rest get put in a drawer.

It's the fact that you have to pause during a fight and scroll through them etc, takes away from the immersion....and most of them are useless anyways.

The one thing they removed from Oblivion, which they should have kept, was the ability to poison food

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I enjoyed pickpocket poisoning up to the point where people realised it was me, despite my 100 sneak and being yards away from the victim.

Brother used frenzy on a chicken in Riverwood and got 45 bounty. The chicken tried to 'attack' him, so he killed it.

"Last witness killed. 45 bounty removed from Riverwood".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

You can poison pockets! Similar to putting a live grenade in while pickpocketing someone in Fallout.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Jumpy wrote: »
    You can poison pockets! Similar to putting a live grenade in while pickpocketing someone in Fallout.

Didnt know that :(

Landmine under the breakfast plate was a personal favourite in Fallout. Then just wait.....

Jumpy wrote: »

Ahh didn't know that.
    Was trying to figure a way to kill the lady in the first DB mission, trying to poison her food etc...ended up with an axe to the head in front of the children :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Haven't played Sykrim in almost three weeks :):)

:(:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bambi wrote: »
    Haven't played Sykrim in almost three weeks :):)

:(:(

Have a nice session now for yourself over xmas :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,695 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Ahh didn't know that.
    Was trying to figure a way to kill the lady in the first DB mission, trying to poison her food etc...ended up with an axe to the head in front of the children :confused:

I did the exact same, I went to pickpocket her while she was sleeping to drop poison on her but wasn't sure what to use. I had spider venom poison but wasn't sure if it would kill her or just damage he so I bate her with my sword and and assistant lady went running round screaming.

Just in Solitude, getting quests flung at me from every direction. Wish the misc and other quests could be sorted by region so you could get a few out of the way in a certain place.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I did the exact same, I went to pickpocket her while she was sleeping to drop poison on her but wasn't sure what to use. I had spider venom poison but wasn't sure if it would kill her or just damage he so I bate her with my sword and and assistant lady went running round screaming.

Just in Solitude, getting quests flung at me from every direction. Wish the misc and other quests could be sorted by region so you could get a few out of the way in a certain place.

I wanted the option to "remove" some of the MISC quests, like you could in fallout. Ones that you've no inention of doing, and could restart the conversation later assuming you hadn't progressed the mission etc.

I've a backlog of about 40 missions, it's like homework going through some of the crap early ones at this stage, getting 100gold to kill a bandit leader as a reward when I pick up items for 1000's

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Anyone else notice shocking degredation in the shadow textures since the latest update?

They look almost 8-bit retro on mine now and they weren't that bad before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Anyone else notice shocking degredation in the shadow textures since the latest update?

They look almost 8-bit retro on mine now and they weren't that bad before.

nope

Great. Noticed it on the tree shadows especially. Really shíte lookin and hadn't noticed before. Not a game-ender but it's pretty bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

maybe try a mod like this

On Xbox360. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

The game won't run for me at the moment, it's trying to download the latest patch but because (I'm assuming) of this sale I'm getting 0B/s at the moment. WTF?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Seems to have been a minor update just now for Skyrim on Steam to 1.3.10 and the 4GB version won't run now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Update: the latest patch has the 4GB functionality built in. Fair play to them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

mewso wrote: »
    Seems to have been a minor update just now for Skyrim on Steam to 1.3.10 and the 4GB version won't run now.

They were due to release a 4GB exe last week, so I reckon that this must be. If so the LAA patch is no longer needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,067 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

mewso wrote: »
    Update: the latest patch has the 4GB functionality built in. Fair play to them.

What does that mean?

Headshot wrote: »
    What does that mean?

Just means the game can use 4GB of virtual memory instead of being restricted to 2GB which it was unless you used a mod to force the game to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Yeah Im running the fake window mod which also loaded the 4gb enabler in the background so nothing worked following the update. Just needed to delete the 4gb exe from the Skyrim folder and its working fine now.

Incredible that they would ship the PC game with this restriction and then patch it weeks later :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just 1k'ed it on the 360. Took 64 hours and did most quests and about 70 misc. I think I'll give it a rest until the DLC. Now, onto The Old Republic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mammaSarah

until i took a arrow to the knee...

The irony is I just had my first ctd in ages. Don't remember having one in all the time I was using the 4GB exe. Hmmm.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'll never finish this game lol.... every time I go somewhere to do something I get distracted AND I find 6 new places :)

Lafortezza, I am playing as a 25 lvl Mage and its fun, kinda over powering but I dont care much for the "my numbers are bigger than yours" style of combat. Level up destruction magic and call down some serious death and destruction. Cos ya know, you have sh*t to do and cant spend all day killing Daedra.

In other news I managed to get a new horse
    frost
    and while he can still die, he's better than the regular kinds in terms of staying alive.
    Whatever about companions, horses can be killed by combat for sure. After losing yet another horse, I parked up about 100 metres from a bandit camp and went in alone. Killed everyone only to look out from the cliff top and see 2 Hags ripping my horses throat out in the distance. Bugga.

Has anyone used any of those weird potions, the ones which do bad things to Stamina and Mana? You just lob them at the enemy?? Seem pointless to me.

DeV.

Advertisement