Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Gandalph wrote: »
    Can someone tell me is it impossible to hit creatures at a very far distance or am I just a very bad shot? My arrows seems to be breezing through them

Arrows go a looooooong way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

My two handed dragon bone clad beast of an Orc was making things too easy. I could stand in front of a giant for about ten minutes before he could get even close to killing me.

So i just made a new character, I went for a high elf and took the magic route. It's great because it's a completely different style of play. Thoroughly enjoying it. I completed the mages guild quest's first so my elf is now also, somewhat of a beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Jumpy wrote: »
    Fight Dragon Priest.

Mask gives immunity to poison and disease.

WTF.

I spend half an hour killing you and all I get is this poxy piece of crap.

RAAAAAAAGE
    Oh, but if you get all the masks, you can then get a really nice mask for your follower as a rewards and keep the masks as well. This mask of Konahrik does:
    • When the wearer is low on health, there is a chance that the mask will knock back enemies, heal the wearer and any nearby allies, and grant a fire cloak for a brief time.
    • On very rare occasions, the mask will summon a spectral Dragon Priest to come to your aid. Both effects activate the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Pickpocket 100 with all perks + go to college of winterhold = $$$$$$$

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Is the PS3 really as bad as everyone's saying it is? I'm getting it for Christmas, it was either that or kill my 3 year old 360 with it. I can handle a bit of lag and frame-rate drops, but if it comes to a point where the game just breaks, I might just wait awhile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

just had to fight two dragons on a mountainside, that was fun..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Is the PS3 really as bad as everyone's saying it is? I'm getting it for Christmas, it was either that or kill my 3 year old 360 with it. I can handle a bit of lag and frame-rate drops, but if it comes to a point where the game just breaks, I might just wait awhile.

I find it works fine now!
    My save file is over 10K and only get a tiny bit of lag on the PS3..

No probs.. any minor probs are vastly outweighed by the quality of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 82,259 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

im mad that I havent had a double dragon encounter yet

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Everybody playing on PC need to install this awsome mod NOW as it gives a very impressive FPS boost in major cities.

Gone from 24-25 FPs at the Solitude entrance to 31-32 and seems to have vastly improved Markarth performance as well

Simply install the latest version of the script extender and then the TESV Acceleration Layer plugin for it.

1.3.10 Compatible SKSE

TESV Acceleration Layer plugin

Thread on official forums here:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1321657-tesv-acceleration-layer-offers-cpu-optimization-massive-possible-performance-increases-now-in-skse-plugin-format/

TLDR Installation Guide:

1) Copy SKSE files (skse_loader.exe, skse_steam_loader.dll,skse_1_3_10.dll) to 'steamapps\common\skyrim' folder

2) Copy plugin file TESVAL.dll to 'steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins' (Create if nescessary)

3) Launch skyrim using skse_loader.exe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Is the PS3 really as bad as everyone's saying it is? I'm getting it for Christmas, it was either that or kill my 3 year old....

I read to there and thought "WTF, that's a bit extreme!".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

qz wrote: »
    Got this on Sunday but only had a chance to play it on Monday and yesterday. 11 hours in and my God, it's so beautiful. Expanded opinion and discussion later, after more Skyrim :)

Bought this yesterday and I'm really enjoying it. Oblivion was one of the first games I bought for the Ps3 and I thought it was muck, so I wasn't sure about this.

Glad I bought it now though, it's savage!
    Goodbye, Social life! Goodbye!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

My save file is over 7 MB and i dont seem to have a problem with lags. Once when i was just outside winterhold, i remember geting a lag for a few seconds but thats the only lag worth mentioning.I guess they fixed it with the last patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭but43r

jmx009 wrote: »
    My save file is over 7 MB and i dont seem to have a problem with lags. Once when i was just outside winterhold, i remember geting a lag for a few seconds but thats the only lag worth mentioning.I guess they fixed it with the last patch.

Didn't fix it for me. It's still lags quite badly at certain times.
    Freezing is the worst. It's so bad that any time game has to load I sit there wondering if it's going to crash...

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

but43r wrote: »
    Didn't fix it for me. It's still lags quite badly at certain times.
    Freezing is the worst. It's so bad that any time game has to load I sit there wondering if it's going to crash...

Thats strange. Are u sure you installed the latest patch.

When i first booted up the game on release day, my game crashed at the scene where
    you are on your way to be executed
    and i remember thinking that this was going to be a buggy game. However, i never once had a crash or lag problem except for that lag outside winterhold ( this was before my save file hit 6 mb. ) Then again, my save file at the moment is only 7.6 MB. Maybe it will get bad later.

I have spend over 60 hours in this game so far and i am only level 30 and have only completed about 4 of the main quests. This game is Fcuking awesome !!!

I was completely surprised to see
    the execution sequence
    when you enter Solitude for the first time. Is there any way to
    prevent the exection from happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

:(

I was deleting some of my PS3 saves the other night and deleted my main save file. Nord warrior level 31 with a lot done in the game, about 40 + hours.

Started again as a Dark Elf and going to go as a mage/archer and up to level 6. Loving it again but freaked that my Nord is gone. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Sitting here watching my 8yo son playing Skyrim, I'm trying to explain it all to him.
    He doesn't want to kill any bears, he seems more interested in trying to burn down trees lol.
    Oh the joys.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

This is the best thing I have ever seen.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

This is the best thing I have ever seen.

"STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM!" Amazing. Love the Zoidberg mod :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Anybody noticing a huge improvement in damage protection since the latest patch? I'm literally able to walk in to a bandit camp, slaughter everyone in no time at all and walk out without a scratch :D before the patch, even those fur wearing pussies in valtheim towers could kick my ass

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Guys. Do I need to be good at magic to do Mage Giuld crap? By the looks of it I need some Mage Giuld quest to do the last part in big chain q.

Magic is problem for me as I am full out archer/light armour/ 1handed+shield.

( not a thief lol )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

jmx009 wrote: »
    I was completely surprised to see
    the execution sequence
    when you enter Solitude for the first time. Is there any way to
    prevent the exection from happening?
    Nope, there's no dialogue options to stop it from happening. I saw a vid on youtube of a guy
    Who stealthed and killed all the guards etc without being detected, and the guy who was about to be executed just randomly died a minute later!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

anarrowinthekneesomefreshoc_6ad7ab_2932806.jpg?w=940

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Guys. Do I need to be good at magic to do Mage Giuld crap? By the looks of it I need some Mage Giuld quest to do the last part in big chain q.

Magic is problem for me as I am full out archer/light armour/ 1handed+shield.

( not a thief lol )

As far as I know, you just need enough mana to cast the 'entry exam' spell - I haven't done the questline with my main character yet but from what I've done of it with my mage character, any required spells are usually given to you along the way and don't cost that much mana AFAIK. Apart from my main character's entry spell (Conjure Flame Atronach >_>), the only spells I was required to cast were all fairly low on mana consumption and were available for me to get (either from the NPC or a nearby book) if I didn't already have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

hypermuse wrote: »
    I find it works fine now!
    My save file is over 10K and only get a tiny bit of lag on the PS3..

No probs.. any minor probs are vastly outweighed by the quality of the game

I have to disagree hypermuse. Mine is still extremely bad in some places. When I'm going around exploring and that it's absolutely fine. But if I then travel to Whiterun or Riften after having been playing for a while it consistantly crashes. I try moving around the town, horrible lag, followed by having to do a hard reset of the console.

It's actually ruining it on me a bit at this stage :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

so wait, that fallout 3 bugg, where it would make stupidly long loadings is back on skyrim too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I cant seem to make lydia wear what I want, Iv had to pickpocket her steel crap off her 3 times now but she keeps miraculously spawning more on herself! I even dumped the stuff outside in the river hoping she wouldnt retrieve it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Gandalph wrote: »
    I cant seem to make lydia wear what I want, Iv had to pickpocket her steel crap off her 3 times now but she keeps miraculously spawning more on herself! I even dumped the stuff outside in the river hoping she wouldnt retrieve it :(

She'll only wear armour better than her default stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

anyone here trying to use dead thralls? whats the craic with them can you only use the spell on weak npc's? i cant seem to reanimate anything worth while as it keeps saying the bodies are too powerful :( whats the fricking point in the spell if i can only bring stupid low level bandits back

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

You get more powerful versions of the spell as you level Conjuration. Eventually you will be able to have permanent thralls. Word of warning, don't store dead vampires or necromancers in your basement, they sometimes come back to life and ressurect the other bodies and then you have a home invasion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

no i am at 100 and i have the dead thrall spell, but it only lets me summon npc's of a certain level, does the game let you bring back higher level npc's the higher your own level gets?

Advertisement