Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

DeVore wrote: »
    I'll never finish this game lol.... every time I go somewhere to do something I get distracted AND I find 6 new places :)

Lafortezza, I am playing as a 25 lvl Mage and its fun, kinda over powering but I dont care much for the "my numbers are bigger than yours" style of combat. Level up destruction magic and call down some serious death and destruction. Cos ya know, you have sh*t to do and cant spend all day killing Daedra.

In other news I managed to get a new horse
    frost
    and while he can still die, he's better than the regular kinds in terms of staying alive.
    Whatever about companions, horses can be killed by combat for sure. After losing yet another horse, I parked up about 100 metres from a bandit camp and went in alone. Killed everyone only to look out from the cliff top and see 2 Hags ripping my horses throat out in the distance. Bugga.

Has anyone used any of those weird potions, the ones which do bad things to Stamina and Mana? You just lob them at the enemy?? Seem pointless to me.

DeV.

Would you not put those on weapons like poisons?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

What... On my fiery hands? Don't think that would work out well..... :p

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Ha! Naw he means the 'weird potions' are poisons that you put on weapons to harm enemies.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Yeah, I thought the only way you could use them was to either put them on a weapon and hit the enemy with it, or to drink them yourself. Have you been drinking your own poisons? :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

+1, it's like some kind of OCD trigger for me, and I have to search every barrel, urn and sack even though I know it's really only the chests that have anything worth while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I went on for a game last night.

I spent 2+ hours travelling back and forth between Whiterun and Windhelm with all my stuff.
    Sorting all potions into 1 chest, all scrolls into another, all weapons, apparel and ingredients into their own too :P
    Putting my fave swords in all the display cases and wall mounts
    Clothing the 3 mannequins with my 3 fave armors , and lining all my bookshelves with books :P
    I'm happy with my new home :P
    I'll move to solitude soon :D

I was hoping you would own the Big house in the lake by riften..as I have the owners deed to it, but its not the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Hehe Seantheman... You can fast travel while overloadedif you are riding a horse.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Level 23 two haned warrior,i feel like.starting over again as a thief/mage

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭Wossack

just to note - you need to have the 'Poisoned' pickpocket perk to place poisons on NPCs, and have them actually harm them

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

stevenmu wrote: »
    +1, it's like some kind of OCD trigger for me, and I have to search every barrel, urn and sack even though I know it's really only the chests that have anything worth while.

You never know when you might need some cabbage or tomatoes :P It's the potion theft that always gets me - I have so many magicka potions, yet I only use spells for the occasional Soul Trap or heal so I end up with about 40 carry-weight worth of potions I will never use, but I can't bring myself to put them in a chest because I never know when I might need some magicka. I may also have a problem when it comes to stealing rings... >_>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,063 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Iv a 100 smithing but some weopans can only go to flawless not legendary, why is that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

maybe you have to use smithing potions and enchantments too?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Headshot wrote: »
    Iv a 100 smithing but some weopans can only go to flawless not legendary, why is that?

To improve items to legendary you need the perk for the particular type of item/material as well as 100 smithing, otherwise you are capped at flawless.

See the table under Item Quality here:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Smithing

maybe you have to use smithing potions and enchantments too?

thanks a potion did work
    marco_polo wrote: »
    To improve items to legendary you need the perk for the particular type of item/material as well as 100 smithing, otherwise you are capped at flawless.

See the table under Item Quality here:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Smithing
    Iv everything unlocked in the tree for smithing so thats why I find it strange I cant upgrade some ebony items to legendary

For example the Mace of Molag Bal, before the potion I couldnt upgrade it to epic or legendary. Drank a smithing potion and now its epic (still strange why I cant get it to legendary)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

thanks a potion did work

Iv everything unlocked in the tree for smithing so thats why I find it strange I cant upgrade some ebony items to legendary

For example the Mace of Molag Bal, before the potion I couldnt upgrade it to epic or legendary. Drank a smithing potion and now its epic (still strange why I cant get it to legendary)

Hmm wierd, apparently it is an Ebony weapon but not really an Ebony weapon. :confused:
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Mace_of_Molag_Bal
    The Mace of Molag Bal is improved using an Ebony Ingot. However, it is not classified as an ebony weapon -- nor is it classified as any other standard weapon material. Therefore, its upgrades do not benefit from any smithing perks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Level 33 Sword & Board Redguard Adept Difficulty - Meh
    Level 31 Destruction/Conjuration focused Imperial Adept Difficulty - Better fun, bit harder
    Level 31 Theif/Archer Build Khajit Master Difficulty - Amazing!

It's true that the game is nothing until its set on master difficulty, then you are not only spending your time plodding through caves/ fortresses/ etc but you have to keep on top of yourself with potions, arrows, battle tactics and the like. The game becomes more immersive and you actually have to consider your next move in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Destruction/Conjuration this is me basically..

up the difficultly but things like dragons are still quite easy.. so at level 49 'm now starting to use archery and one handed weapons more.. to try change things up a bit more..

Coz all my points were put into magic, a few into health and none into stamina so my character is a very weak warrior with very little armor (gauntlets and boots really)..

Trying it out now to make things bit more interesting!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,177 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Good news to anyone, like me, who hates the default Skyrim UI:
    http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3863

It looks a vast improvement, although it seems like it's a pain to install. Will give it a go though because trawling through my (now full) inventory is a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Can someone tell me is it impossible to hit creatures at a very far distance or am I just a very bad shot? My arrows seems to be breezing through them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Finally went up to the Throat of the World tonight to talk with
    Paarthunax. He kept referring to me as Krosis, which I assume is because I was wearing the mask of Krosis? If so that is some brilliant attention to detail, love that kind of stuff in games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Finally went up to the Throat of the World tonight to talk with you know who. He kept referring to me as Krosis, which I assume is because I was wearing the mask of Krosis? If so that is some brilliant attention to detail, love that kind of stuff in games.

Noopti wrote: »
    Finally went up to the Throat of the World tonight to talk with you know who. He kept referring to me as Krosis, which I assume is because I was wearing the mask of Krosis? If so that is some brilliant attention to detail, love that kind of stuff in games.

Voldemort ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Krosis seems to be a word in their language and nothing to do with you wearing a mask. Aha quick google and it means sorrow so presumably sorry in conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

pixelburp wrote: »
    Good news to anyone, like me, who hates the default Skyrim UI:
    http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3863

It looks a vast improvement, although it seems like it's a pain to install. Will give it a go though because trawling through my (now full) inventory is a pain.

installed it and it works, yes!
    finally a decent UI
    it has a problem with the latest patch so needs a new SKSE file whenever it is released but it seems to work alright though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Those Hitler videos are really old at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

so's you face!! :p

Finished main quest, mages and the civil war.. still so much to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Fight Dragon Priest.

Mask gives immunity to poison and disease.

WTF.

I spend half an hour killing you and all I get is this poxy piece of crap.

RAAAAAAAGE

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Even Hitler has to face up to it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Got this on Sunday but only had a chance to play it on Monday and yesterday. 11 hours in and my God, it's so beautiful. Expanded opinion and discussion later, after more Skyrim :)

Advertisement