Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

swiftblade wrote: »
    Started a new game. For some reason after completeing the main quest line I just didn't want to play anymore. :( Also the fact i had 20,000 gold didn't help

This time im a Khajiit. Im completely avoiding the main quest. Wanderer/thief :)

I have been pretty much avoiding the main quests, focusing on side quests/guild quests/random dungeons etc. I do nip in and out of the main quest every now and then though, but haven't done one in about 15 hours of gameplay I would say.

I want to get more daedra hearts, any ideas?

Edit: Oh, and I have decided to join the stormcloaks. Those bloody Thalmor annoy the hell out of me, so I want to be able to "deal" with them. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

ive 54 hours played and havnt even gone to the greybeards, im at level 26 is that bad :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

ive 54 hours played and havnt even gone to the greybeards, im at level 26 is that bad :confused:

i'd go to them and do a few missions for them you get a few shouts off of them and i'm at the stage that when i talk to them i can ask have they heard of any shouts about Skyrim, they tell you the locations of them and you can go and claim them. this part is not a part of the main story line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Might be worth just saying hello, you are the dragonborn after all. They are probably up there waiting for you with tea and scones, anxiously looking at their sundials. :P

I am about 48 hours in, level 32 and I have only done a couple of quests after meeting the greybeards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Noopti wrote: »
    I have been pretty much avoiding the main quests, focusing on side quests/guild quests/random dungeons etc. I do nip in and out of the main quest every now and then though, but haven't done one in about 15 hours of gameplay I would say.

Edit: Oh, and I have decided to join the stormcloaks. Those bloody Thalmor annoy the hell out of me, so I want to be able to "deal" with them. :P
    Azura quest and the museam quest in dawnstar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

You can steal one in the companions basement beside where the boss sits. It respawns every so often aswell

wheres the best spot to get soul gems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

wheres the best spot to get soul gems?

same answer again
    Azura quest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Noopti wrote: »
    swiftblade wrote: »
    Started a new game. For some reason after completeing the main quest line I just didn't want to play anymore. :( Also the fact i had 20,000 gold didn't help

This time im a Khajiit. Im completely avoiding the main quest. Wanderer/thief :)

Enthrin? in the college of winterhold has 2 of the daedra hearts every 48 hours and black soul gems. Built a full set of daedric armor today for myself, love the evil red glow off it. Plus my daedric sword (enchanted with lydias soul :D) is a beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Picked this up on the PS3 today for 25 euro in GAME. Can't wait to throw it on, though I may be extremely tired at work tomorrow if I do :D

• Advertisement

DarkJager wrote: »
    Enthrin? in the college of winterhold has 2 of the daedra hearts every 48 hours and black soul gems. Built a full set of daedric armor today for myself, love the evil red glow off it. Plus my daedric sword (enchanted with lydias soul :D) is a beast.
    Are you one or two handed with the sword? I think the one handed looks much better than the two handed, though im stuck two handed now... I really enjoy the power of it but the one handed daedric looks so much better.

[
    Are you one or two handed with the sword? I think the one handed looks much better than the two handed, though im stuck two handed now... I really enjoy the power of it but the one handed daedric looks so much better.

Yep one handed though I dual wield when facing 2 or more at once. Just got hearts fir my second sword and some more daedric pieces for marcurio. Rehired him since the patch ruined magic resistance, thought I may as well have someone who can bring it too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

You can get 4 daedra hearts if you've done the Mehrunes Daegon (Dawnstar) mission.
    I think the 4 daedra respawn every 4 days or so

DarkJager wrote: »

i am so going to do the same thing to that idiot when im powerful enough to go solo, every time i power up a double fireball bang she pops her head in the way :rolleyes: decide to use a dragon shout....you guessed it lydia decides to stand in the way and dont get me started on the carry your burdens crap :mad:

yeah shes getting put into some sword or armor

Another place for Deadra hearts is in the quest with the bad dreams in Morthal theres a Lab that has 2 or three.

out of interest how many damn quests are in this game :D ive pretty much done everything in whiterun (havnt finished the companions) and ive done riverwood and am just finishing up the main mages guild quest (havnt really done any of the smaller ones yet) outside of that i havnt done much else except a little exploring and im at 60 hours :eek: havnt even gone to the other towns yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

awesome-randoms3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

i am so going to do the same thing to that idiot when im powerful enough to go solo, every time i power up a double fireball bang she pops her head in the way :rolleyes: decide to use a dragon shout....you guessed it lydia decides to stand in the way and dont get me started on the carry your burdens crap :mad:

yeah shes getting put into some sword or armor

Yeah I crafted an enchanted ebony sword called Lydia with her. Thinking of selling it to the riverwood trader just to increase the crushing depression of her finale :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

out of interest how many damn quests are in this game :D ive pretty much done everything in whiterun (havnt finished the companions) and ive done riverwood and am just finishing up the main mages guild quest (havnt really done any of the smaller ones yet) outside of that i havnt done much else except a little exploring and im at 60 hours :eek: havnt even gone to the other towns yet

the quests keep regenerating I think,so.........it never ends mwhahaha

• Advertisement

the quests keep regenerating I think,so.........it never ends mwhahaha

yeah my social life is in the corner crying right now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Level 20 atm, and the last quest is there waiting for me since level 16! But I'm exploring alot atm.

I fell into that trap in fallout3 and just concentrated on the main quests - ended up completing all the dlcs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I wish there was a perk that revealed all the locations on the map like in Fallout 3, I've just the Dark Brotherhood and the Main Quests to go and I'd like to find out if I've missed anything major along the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Lafortezza wrote: »
    I wish there was a perk that revealed all the locations on the map like in Fallout 3, I've just the Dark Brotherhood and the Main Quests to go and I'd like to find out if I've missed anything major along the way.

Check your starts for locations discovered, the number of discoverable map locations is more than
    I had about
    after 120 hours :eek:

Edit: even after that time my map was still a mess of quest markers if I enabled them all :S

For any swords men out there Storm Call is the handiest shout the get the oul dragons down and it kicks the shíte out of them.

You can get it
    in Forelhost down on the mountain below Riften second location High Gate Ruins to the east of Solitude

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Lafortezza wrote: »

Not Major, but most of the big ones are

- Main
    - Dark Brotherhood
    - Companions
    - Empire / Stormcloacks
    - Winterhold (mages)
    - Thieves Guild

Then you have the likes of all the Daedric quests and a million other random ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Aura Whisper is by far the handiest shout ever. I use it all the time for sneaking through dungeons - stops me from stumbling right into stuff and lets me use my bow from super far away. Any one else feeling the Aura Whisper love?

Anyway, just completed the final main quest. Was a bit boring as these things go. I think I'm off to do the Companions quests now. They're the only guild as such I haven't done yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Aura Whisper is by far the handiest shout ever. I use it all the time for sneaking through dungeons - stops me from stumbling right into stuff and lets me use my bow from super far away. Any one else feeling the Aura Whisper love?

It's dead handy for trying to get a backstab with your sneaking-daggers routine. Hide around a corner, sneak, Aura Whisper somewhere in front of you, enemy walks over and ... whammo. 15x crit. Usually a dead bad guy, and nary a soul alerted.

I didn't use it much at the start, but mid way through the game it was quite handy alright.

• Advertisement

Holy crap the Steed Stone is amazing +100 carry limit and your armor dosent encumber you Im a full heavy armor guy so this is really handy im running around like im wearing nothing and I get to save a perk.

Its directly north of the statue of Meridia near solitude.

Advertisement