Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

During the week I think I had one of the most ridiculous endings of any game.
    I battled Anduin and beat him. Just afterwards I walked over to the other dragon to talk to him at which point the power supply on my pc exploded and my machine died. It's kind of annoying that I now have no machine, but felt bizarrely epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Finished the main quest earlier. Was at level fifty. I slaughtered
    alduin
    . Was way to powerful at level fifty.
    The smaller enemies like skeletons our bandits get swatted away like cardboard cut outs.
    Why don't the enemies level up with your character properly. :(
    So I raised the difficulty to matter level. Was a bit more even.
    Although now I've finished the main quest I'm not to pushed at playing anymore. That and the constant slowdown on ps3
    Would have been better if they made you do more side quests that related to the main quest in a more significant way.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Thoms Yorkie Bars

Regarding the 'Arrow in the knee' meme. I've only ever heard it said once by any guard and haven't heard it since

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Regarding the 'Arrow in the knee' meme. I've only ever heard it said once by any guard and haven't heard it since

So your only 15 minutes into the game then?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I've heard it loads of times. Also, every time I enter whiterun "There's a nip in the air, cold won't be good for my crops".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,254 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Blowfish wrote: »
    During the week I think I had one of the most ridiculous endings of any game.
    I battled Anduin and beat him. Just afterwards I walked over to the other dragon to talk to him at which point the power supply on my pc exploded and my machine died. It's kind of annoying that I now have no machine, but felt bizarrely epic.
    Sounds like quite the climax :D

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Thoms Yorkie Bars

So your only 15 minutes into the game then?

Not really. But even going up talking to guards not one of them said it. I walked by one after going into Dragonreach to get the Jarls reply and she said it. So I went up to her and killed her, cos it's driving me insane reading it everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Love this game!

Dark Brotherhood Spolier
    Just killed the emperor tonight on his boat. Swam out to the boat, submerged and managed to get into it below the waterline. I then tip-toed about eliminating the guards and sailors from the shadows or while they slept. The only time I was detected was by the man himself as I entered his quarters. He stood up from his desk as I put an arrow through his chest. Raided and left his room to jump into the water and swim ashore where I look up and see a dragon circling Solitude

Felt like a mad fucker as I galloped away!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

Love this game!

Dark Brotherhood Spolier
    Just killed the emperor tonight on his boat. Swam out to the boat, submerged and managed to get into it below the waterline. I then tip-toed about eliminating the guards and sailors from the shadows or while they slept. The only time I was detected was by the man himself as I entered his quarters. He stood up from his desk as I put an arrow through his chest. Raided and left his room to jump into the water and swim ashore where I look up and see a dragon circling Solitude

Felt like a mad fucker as I galloped away!

So you
    didn't give him the chance to talk to you? One of most troubling moments of all the 140 hours i've spent playing Skyrim was the conversation i had with the emperor before i killed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I've heard it loads of times. Also, every time I enter whiterun "There's a nip in the air, cold won't be good for my crops".

"So do you get to the Cloud District very often?"

By the way, he is dead now. I shot him in the back of the head with an arrow to get my visit from you know who.

Although I havent slept yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Gaunty wrote: »
    So you
    didn't give him the chance to talk to you? One of most troubling moments of all the 140 hours i've spent playing Skyrim was the conversation i had with the emperor before i killed him.

Sithis demands blood, not chit chat! :pac:

As for the arrow in the knee meme, I've clocked 50 hours and only heard it twice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,140 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Jumpy wrote: »
    "So do you get to the Cloud District very often?"

By the way, he is dead now. I shot him in the back of the head with an arrow to get my visit from you know who.

Although I havent slept yet.

That doesn't work. I tried that too and got no visitation later. Looked it up and apparently there's only one way of having "them" visit you...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Sithis demands blood, not chit chat! :pac:

As for the arrow in the knee meme, I've clocked 50 hours and only heard it twice.

I've broken 90 hours... I've never heard it once. :eek:

Didn't play much Skyrim over the weekend... Not sure if it's because I finished the main questline or maybe I'm trying to prolong things... Only Civil War left to do, fuck those racist stormcloaks, I'm a Nord, but Imperial Legion ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

DeVore wrote: »
    Can the named horses die? Cos at the rate I go through them..... hahah.

I should open a steak shop.

DeV.

Oh yes. I thought that
    Shadowmere
    was invincible but on more than one occassion he hasnt survived along drop. Never seems to have any trouble with dragons though ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭Corvo

Very new to these games, and I'm finding some of the 1v1 fights very tough. Probably going the wrong way about it, but I was looking to become a character very strong with magic and one-handed weapons.

At the moment I'm only Lvl 11, so its early days but I am worried that I may be making a total balls of it to be honest. Damn my inexperience.

Any tips lads? The Werewolf power is keeping me in at it the moment, though I know that is detrimental to my progress. On the Xbox by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Very new to these games, and I'm finding some of the 1v1 fights very tough. Probably going the wrong way about it, but I was looking to become a character very strong with magic and one-handed weapons.

At the moment I'm only Lvl 11, so its early days but I am worried that I may be making a total balls of it to be honest. Damn my inexperience.

Any tips lads? The Werewolf power is keeping me in at it the moment, though I know that is detrimental to my progress. On the Xbox by the way.
    Picking up some form of cc (impact/fear/paralyse etc) or using summons helps a lot for low level mages.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

what about
    "let me guess, someone stole your sweetroll?"
    I get that all the time and I just want to slap them silly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Ok so I've just started and I am completely addicted already. Its absolutely terrific.

I really would like to get a horse though, I was gonna steal on outside Whiterun but chickened out for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Am playing a Khajit specializing in bows, light armour & alchemy. Level 12 so far. Fighting with bows is a huge improvement on Oblivion; the feel/sounds of the weapon, combined with zooming, crits and being able to use a companion as a "tank" is far better than the backpedal-and-fill-your-opponent-like-a-pincushion method of the previous game. And so far, the quests have been more than simply "postman" tasks.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Boom! :)

Ripped him a new one. Kinda feel OP with morokei's mask, arch mage's robes and fireball spell :/

I'm the exact same man!

Arch robes, mask, powerful jewllery and that stun dual cast perk.. very overpowering!

Knock up the difficulty if you aint already.. keeps things a bit more interesting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

Guys, can anyone help me? I killed someone in Dawnstar as
    part of a Dark Brotherhood quest
    . Even though I was inside alone with the victim when I did it, the guards showed up right away and tried to kill me, didn't try to arrest me , didn't have an option to pay a fine. So I legged it.

I headed back to the town a while later, and everyone tried to kill me on sight - not just the guards, the regular citizens as well! Is there anyway to get around this? Or is it a glitch? (I'm playing it on Xbox btw)

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Gaunty wrote: »
    So you

Pfft,
    I wasn't there to listen to the ramblings of an old man! Plus I thought when he stood up he was going to leg it! Shoot first ask questions later! What was he on about anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Pfft,
    I wasn't there to listen to the ramblings of an old man! Plus I thought when he stood up he was going to leg it! Shoot first ask questions later! What was he on about anyway?
    He knew you were coming...destiny etc. He also says shut up and kill him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Sesudra wrote: »
    Guys, can anyone help me? I killed someone in Dawnstar as
    part of a Dark Brotherhood quest
    . Even though I was inside alone with the victim when I did it, the guards showed up right away and tried to kill me, didn't try to arrest me , didn't have an option to pay a fine. So I legged it.

I headed back to the town a while later, and everyone tried to kill me on sight - not just the guards, the regular citizens as well! Is there anyway to get around this? Or is it a glitch? (I'm playing it on Xbox btw)

Thanks!

Are you a vampire?

There's something rather humourous about watching Shadowmare run up a few flight of stairs to attack a bandit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Just realised I got caught with the Windhelm bug where I can't buy the house to become the thane to Ulfric. I try to buy the house and I'm constantly told that it's not ready yet, bah!

Apparently, there's no way to activate the quest so that's that section done with :(

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

Orizio wrote: »
    Are you a vampire?

Nope! I was in Solitude and decided to quick travel to Dawnstar (about 2 game days after I killed the person) and as soon as I arrived, I got attacked. Do wanted levels drop over time? Maybe if I wait a few more days, they'll all forget

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭Wossack

Hit up the thieves guild and see if they can sort your bounty?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Started a new game. For some reason after completeing the main quest line I just didn't want to play anymore. :( Also the fact i had 20,000 gold didn't help

This time im a Khajiit. Im completely avoiding the main quest. Wanderer/thief :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Sesudra wrote: »
    Nope! I was in Solitude and decided to quick travel to Dawnstar (about 2 game days after I killed the person) and as soon as I arrived, I got attacked. Do wanted levels drop over time? Maybe if I wait a few more days, they'll all forget

You could try drawing your weapon when they attack and then sheathing it, and they might try and arrest you then. That's worked for me before.

Advertisement