Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CLOSED] Win tickets to the Irish premiere of TRON: LEGACY

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Thanks to James and Darragh and all involved :D

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

bigred100 wrote: »
    Very fancy with the 'aul hotel, are we gonna have to pay for the 3D glasses? Or do we get them when we pick up the tickets on the night...

Hmm I dunno. But they'll probably be only 50c :p

Do we dress fancy? It's a premier and n'all :rolleyes:

Red carpet! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭Raoul

WilliamOC wrote: »
    Hmm I dunno. But they'll probably be only 50c :p

Do we dress fancy? It's a premier and n'all :rolleyes:

Red carpet! :pac:

Was wondering the same myself. I will probably have a feckin schoolbag with me as I will have been out for the day.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I was at a Disney Premiere before for the Princess & The Frog. The voice actors/producers and all were in suits but everyone else was just smart-casual, celebs and regulars alike.

It's usually just a "dress nicely, dont come dressed like a toe-rag" policy, as in throw on a shirt and pair of jeans if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

In my excitement I forgot to reply to the PM, thank god I realised before I left..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Well I'm coming straight from college, and I'm just wearing jeans and a hoody, so look for the severely under-dressed person and that'll be me. Is it not just like a preview tonight, or is it a proper premier? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭fransdev

Congrats to you all! If there is somebody who can't make it please PM.
    Thanks.;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I wonder what I'll wear!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

Jeans and and a tshirt is then....better tell my mate, he's coming straight from college, the underdressed toe rag.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

What time would be the best to head down to this? Have to say im looking forward to it now!

• Advertisement

Maybe it's just me, but from reading the replies it strikes me that people might not be bringing anyone with them?? Or am I just over analysing posts :P

'twas a pair of tickets we won like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭denballs

you,d be surprisef
    d how difficult it can be , on such short notice ...its my frinds b day so there all getting drunk.........still trying to sort out somone to go...........not goin on my own........and not bringing somone who will keep asking........whats going on every 10 seconds..........this really shouldve been decided like 2 weeks ago instead of 2 days ago or whatever..............

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

So are you saying you will not go if you can't find someone to go with and you knew at this short notice you would find it hard to find someone? If I got tickets now I'd have 10 friends ready to jump at the chance. I really hope you don't waste these tickets, that would really be annoying.

I had 10 friends begging, ending not bringing any of them. Evil.

If you go on your own you'll be able to put your feet up :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭denballs

edit-delete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Inzilbeth

Just wanted to say a mega thanks for the tickets.. my son and his dad are now watching up in Dub watching it :).. I really wanted to go but my little one got sick this week so muggins here has to look after him but hey.. the smile on my sons face walking out the door at 5 was worth it.. so thanks again

Massive thanks, just got home. That movie was a spectacle and a half. Once again, Thank you!!!!

That was actually the greatest movie I've ever seen in the cinema!

Can't wait to get the soundtrack!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

WilliamOC wrote: »
    That was actually the greatest movie I've ever seen in the cinema!

Can't wait to get the soundtrack!

Whilst I enjoyed the movie visually, the story was more than a bit lame. I would have liked to have seen more of the light cycle sequences.....that's probably the nerd in me coming out.

Also, what was the idea of giving a 2 month old issue of Hot Press to the attendees? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Whilst I enjoyed the movie visually, the story was more than a bit lame. I would have liked to have seen more of the light cycle sequences.....that's probably the nerd in me coming out.

Also, what was the idea of giving a 2 month old issue of Hot Press to the attendees? :eek:

I agree. I think the Disney part in the movie removed a lot of the epic ability it had.

I also disn't get the whole hot press thing. Why bother!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Who got an orange envelope? Own up so I can steal your goodie bag!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭Raoul

It could have had the worst storyline ever and still be ranked as one of the best things I have ever seen in the cinema. Visuals and sound was ridiculously good, I also didn't mind the story!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Really enjoyed last night! Film was excellent. Love the Savoy too, staff there are always lovely.

Thanks again David & ESB, was a great night!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 TheDenominator

Had a brilliant time!! Those Tron girls weren't too bad either :rolleyes:

Brought my little bro to see it, he loved it. Haha and we ended up with one of the goodie bags!!

It was hilarious, we walked out after the credits, the man outside the door asked where all the people with the orange envelopes were, as he still had five bags on the table and most people had left the theatre. So we raced inside and searched around for a bit. Having almost given up and being the last few there, we asked an usher did he know where any were. He didn't, but he joined our search and found one for us :D

So in the end we got the album, massive posters, and the game, and other small stuff. Lil bro was over the moon!

Thanks to Disney, John from ESB, Darragh and the people who put this together. We had a great time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Movie was fantastic.

Far and away the best 3D film I've seen and definitely the best film I've seen this year.

Thanks for the tickets!

Advertisement