Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CLOSED] Win tickets to the Irish premiere of TRON: LEGACY

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

predator

Loads of reasons why this is my fav movie. The main one is the handshake!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

American Beauty. A fantastic film showing a man slowly fall apart and the impact on the people around him. It has a damn fine soundtrack too!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Ponyo, studio ghibli movie, no matter how bad your day is, this movie will cheer you up

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Fight Club.

Each time you watch it you can notice something significant that you didnt notice the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

Another vote for Its a wonderful life!

I love this movie, especially at Christmas funnily enough, for it's positive upbeat message.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 stevejobbs

Cinema Paradiso. Has to be. The entire film is one emotional rollercoaster, not to mention that final scene. The whole film is tied up beautifully by Ennio Morricone's score.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind - an excellent concept for a film, I love the visuals and it's wonderfully acted. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Mad Benny

The Sound of Music - cracking singing and a hot old nun. A heart breaking story line. I laughed and I cried.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Has to be Ferris Buellers Day Off, as a kid i so wanted to be as cool as that, as an adult i am!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
    beautiful twist on the classic love story format; fantastically filmed, Perfect soundtrack, powerful performances, and a brilliant script.

simply beautiful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 philip kelly

I would have too agree the animation is
    fantastic. having a 4 year old the hefalump movie is beautiful.

phil
    Ponyo, studio ghibli movie, no matter how bad your day is, this movie will cheer you up

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭SaKuRa

The Fall 2008 - Work of art,with great little natural actress..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO0LYcCoeJY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Blues Brothers

the car chase scene alone stood out for me as a kid when i first saw it, and got me interested in the music scene

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Seven pounds - It is a great movie about one mans attempt at redemption. It is one of the few movies that has made me shed a tear. Will Smith is great in it. He plays a very different character to Will in the Fresh prince of bel air.:D His character is a true inspiration. He changes the lives of 7 people and I would always like to think that I could do something like that.It has an all star cast with stars such as Will Smith, Rosario Dawson and Woody Harrelson. It did not get the best reviews but it really is something special!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭meolwan

Starwars I saw this when it came out and I cant enough of SiFi movies since including Tron.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

Well I'm free next Weds eve so I'd like to go, and eh other than that I've no other reason. I'd like to see it :D

You never know, maybe ill come dressed like this guy...

181tron.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

This is one area I don't even have to think about. It's definitly Pulp Fiction. It's brilliant in every way, the story, the characters, the dialogue, the cast and while you'd think having a completely mixed up timeline throughout the film would confuse people it doesn't, it's not hard to follow at all and it just works. A lot of films have tried to emulate it in several ways but nothing has come close to it's brilliance

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dsender

Terminator 2 of course... "I know now why you cry. But it is something I can never do." Almost brings a tear to the eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Metropolis 1927. Because it shows a high tech dystopian city where people are trapped in machines, and because it looks beautiful and stylish even today.

You can also guess why I love Tron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Taxi Driver. Because DeNiro was at his finest in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭jaybee747

My favorite has to be Anchorman-The legend of Ron Burgandy. Absolutely hilarious film,makes me laugh everytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mclovin442

Its really tough picking a favourite film but mine has to be GODFATHER. Its an obvious choice but in my opinion an all time great. They really dont make movies like it anymore. Marlon Brando puts on a masterclass of acting, even though throughout filming he was reading his lines of cue cards hidden around the set due to his ''inability or unwillingness to learn his lines''.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭denballs

mclovin442 wrote: »
    Its really tough picking a favourite film but mine has to be GODFATHER. Its an obvious choice but in my opinion an all time great. They really dont make movies like it anymore. Marlon Brando puts on a masterclass of acting, even though throughout filming he was reading his lines of cue cards hidden around the set due to his ''inability or unwillingness to learn his lines''.

not to deminish your opinion or anything as i know its the highest ranked fim ever made #1 on imdb,s top films of all time..........but ive never been able to get past the first half hour of the first godfather film.........and i watch at least 10 movies a week.............is it just hype that makes people say its great or is there actually any reason/s it is supposedly so good.

{sorry if it annoys anyone that i asked this in a competition thread but its really getting to me how i seem to be the only person who fell asleep at the start of the godfather}

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭beerpong

Alien still looks good today, great film, great plot and great effects...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭scheister

Oceans 11 the modern one due to the actors in it the storyline and that gadgets and gismo in it

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Fight club for me :D

The fights were great but Ed Norton as an insomniac terrorist was just amazing!

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭kathy2

I love "true Lies"

Coz I could do all the action scenes myself in the back garden and will prove it if I win de tickets:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

The Lord of the Rings, Return of the King

My favourite film because it brings together a trilogy that had me on the edge of my seat for the first two films. The Fellowship and the Two Towers are brilliant films in their own right, but i think that the culmination of these two films in the Return of the King makes for a brilliant film. As well as that, its full of action, has superb acting, and a score which is a masterpiece in its own right... its just truly an excellent film.

I really wanna see Tron!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Aidann

My favourite film is avatar because of how amazingly well done it all is. Every scene your eyes widen with amazement and that wasn't just because the 3-D was poking you in the eye :P'

The humans being the bad guys was a nice contrast to ordinary movies :D Never thought we'd be fighting lanky smurfs to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Watchmen -

I hated it when I first saw it (expected an X-men movie), but when I happened to see it again on sky I really enjoyed it. bought the DVD and have watched it more times then I care to remember and it gets better each time. The dialougue, the characters, the story and the world created is simply superb in nearly everyway. Its quite simply the greatest real life superhero adult movie I have ever seen. Sensational.

Advertisement