Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 01/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Eh... whats so respectable about laughing?
    Ya never know what kind of person was driving that car , elderly person or not or if they had kids in the car.... cop on...and have some tought for others

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Why is the wind direction purely Easterly in the UK according to the radar movement, but then switches to NE over the Irish Sea. Is this a sign of a change in wind direction or just the way things are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Snow drifts around 2 feet at the moment and building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Annuv wrote: »
    If Kilkenny doesn't get some of this action today, I'm going to throw an very juvenile tantrum ! :)

kilkenny.jpg

We've had loads of snow! we dont really need any more at the moment, 5 inches is plenty!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Still coming down heavy in dun laoghaire, has been like this for 3 hours, will be making a snow man later on i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Ah it's just lovely down here, like something you would see on a Christmas card:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

To be clear. The midlands and western areas won't get any action til late Thursday night/Friday morning

So Gerry's forecast from last night is out:(
    I was afraid this would be the case after looking at the hirlam model last night. I had no idea people on the other side of this island could be so damn selfish. What about pulling together in these bleak times:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Min wrote: »
    Snow drifts around 2 feet at the moment and building.

No drifts at all down here, just 5 inches everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Winds veering easterly in the Irish sea, showers tracking more east at the back of this stream.

ESE

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭GoldenGreen

very very light snow in Letterkenny now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Caitriona

About 4 inches or so - I can't go out and measure now, the baby's asleep on me. That's a few days' worth though. We've been too far north for the northern streamer but when the wind swings east we get a bit and we haven't really had a thaw at all yet. The N2 is dire along here apparently, the gardai closed it for a few hours last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Went back to sleep for a while, woke up and still snowing in Dunshaughlin! Going to go out for a walk and then come back and take down the Christmas decorations!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

lightly snowing off and on all morning between lusk/naul
    and verrrrrrrrry cold!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Up here in Rathdrum we have 17'' in my garden! Been stuck in the house since Saturday morning!

Jesus you're one stupid sounding fu*ker aren't you!!!!! Cop on to yourself, you've no idea who was in that car or what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Some kids piss their name in the snow.

Chuck Norris can piss his name into concrete.

FACT :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Eh... whats so respectable about laughing?
    Ya never know what kind of person was driving that car , elderly person or not or if they had kids in the car.... cop on...and have some tought for others

Stupid people do stupid things and i am entitled to laugh at what i want but thanks for worrying :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

best snow ive seen since 1991! Theres between 4 and 7 inchs of snow on the ground depending where you stand as it has started drifting. light snow showers seem to be continuing on and off. If we get much more snow today and tonight I suspect taffic will not be able to get through Dunshaughlin by tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Winds veering easterly in the Irish sea, showers tracking more east at the back of this stream.

ESE

Exactly what the midlands - west of Meath/Kildare - need to have any chance of catching some precipitation. North easterlies= very bad for me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Jesus you're one stupid sounding fu*ker aren't you!!!!! Cop on to yourself, you've no idea who was in that car or what happened.

you're one stupid sounding fu*ker too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Just started snowing again here in south kilkenny. The latest radar still has the precip halfway over Carlow so showers must be moving pretty fast now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

Looks like Dublin City could be hit again in the next hour or a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭dacogawa

ESE

Weathercheck do you ever sleep ? thanks for all the updates

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

darkman2 wrote: »
    Looks like Dublin City could be hit again in the next hour or a bit more.
    The more snow in Dublin City the better. Working from home today and would like to do the same tomorrow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I wish the snow would go away and never come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Very heavy snow here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Some kids piss their name in the snow.

Chuck Norris can piss his name into concrete.

FACT :rolleyes:

Its not a blizzard you are having its just Chuck Norris combing his hair !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

dacogawa wrote: »
    Weathercheck do you ever sleep ? thanks for all the updates

No respectable weather watcher sleeps when this type of weather comes round. Snow never sleeps! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭dacogawa

I wish the snow would go away and never come back.

Leave this forum!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Stupid people do stupid things and i am entitled to laugh at what i want but thanks for worrying :pac:

HOW can u just persume the person did something stupid?!... for all u know they wer going as slow as the could and it was a genuine accident!?

If u wanna laugh at other people's serious misfortunes id ask u to LEAVE THIS thread!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement